How to File a KeyBank Debit Card Dispute Quickly and Easily
With its headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyBank has many locations in select states with all the banking services you need, from checking and savings accounts to mortgages and auto loans. While you always try to safeguard your debit card information, there may come a time when you notice an unauthorized transaction.
It can be challenging to file a dispute with KeyBank when you have an issue with a debit card transaction, but it doesn't need to be. With the DoNotPay app, you can file a for a transaction in minutes.
How t o Dispute a KeyBank Debit Card Transaction on Your Own
When you discover an unauthorized transaction on your account, it's possible to on your own. However, it can take more time and effort on your part.
Here's how you can file a dispute on your own:
|By Phone||Call KeyBank at 1-800-KEY2YOU (1-800-539-2968). An automated system will prompt you to answer a few questions and provide initial details about the debit card transaction. After you navigate the automated system, you'll be connected with a KeyBank representative who will review the information you have provided. They will initiate the dispute after reviewing your claim.|
|In Person||Visit your local KeyBank branch and speak to a representative. They will verify your information and ask you about the unauthorized transaction to begin the process of filing your dispute.|
KeyBank Refund Policy
KeyBank has a Zero Liability policy when it comes to a fraudulent or an authorized charge on your debit card. You must initiate a transaction dispute when you realize that an unauthorized charge has occurred and posted to your account.
You also need to ensure that you're taking the appropriate security measures with your debit card. Here are some of KeyBank 's recommendations when you've had an unauthorized purchase on your debit card:
- Freeze or cancel your current KeyBank debit card to block additional charges.
- File a dispute with KeyBank as soon as you realize there's an issue.
- Notify the local authorities.
- Report the issue to the three major credit bureaus.
- Make sure you have enough money in your account to cover all your legitimate transactions.
While this process can be tedious and frustrating, you can save yourself the time and effort by using the DoNotPay app to file a KeyBank debit card dispute.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund Through KeyBank?
You can expect to receive your refund back into your account within 3-10 business days. During this time, KeyBank needs time to investigate the transaction, and contacting the vendor may delay the process.
Common Issues When You Dispute a KeyBank Debit Card Transaction
When disputing an unauthorized charge on your debit card, you always hope that the process will go smoothly. However, this isn't always the case. Here are a few of the most common issues that can occur:
- The vendor might claim that the transaction was authorized.
- You may face challenges proving that you didn't authorize the transaction or make the purchase yourself.
- KeyBank might issue a provisional refund because they're having issues getting a response from the vendor. You'll have access to the money, but it won't be yours until the investigation concludes.
To simplify your KeyBank transaction dispute, you can skip a lot of the hassle by filing your dispute through DoNotPay.
How to Dispute a KeyBank Debit Card Transaction with DoNotPay
You must act quickly when you notice a charge on your KeyBank debit card that you didn't authorize. In just a few minutes, you can file a dispute with KeyBank using the DoNotPay app. After opening the app, select the "File a Chargeback" option and follow these easy prompts:
- Select the financial institution and account type that matches your debit card. DoNotPay provides a list of popular banks, where you can select KeyBank along with the appropriate account type.
- Provide requested information about the KeyBank debit card transaction. Begin by providing the merchant's name and confirming it. The prompts will help you identify the date of the transaction along with the amount, so KeyBank knows which transaction to dispute.
- Offer any additional requested information. The DoNotPay app will direct you through a brief series of prompts, including any past purchases you made with the vendor and authorized users on your card.
- Decide who submits your dispute. After providing all the information about your KeyBank debit card transaction, you need to decide if you want to submit the dispute yourself, or let DoNotPay submit it on your behalf. If you opt to let DoNotPay file the dispute for you, then you will need to verify your personal information and sign electronically.
When DoNotPay submits your dispute, it sends the information to Keybank on your behalf quickly and easily.
How Can You Check the Status of Your KeyBank Refund Request?
When the bank is holding money that was withdrawn through an unauthorized transaction, it can feel like an eternity waiting to get your money back. You can check on the status of your refund by contacting a KeyBank representative via phone at 1-800-KEY2YOU (1-800-539-2968).
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
You can use the DoNotPay app to accomplish a variety of tasks. If you have more chargebacks to process, you can also use the app to request a refund from these companies:
- Zelle Refund
- CashApp Refund
- Vanilla Gift Card Refund
- Request an Amazon Refund Without a Return
- DoorDash Refund
- Lyft Refund
- PayPal Friends and Family Refund