How To Have Intelius Remove My Name The Easy Way
In the age of the internet, information about anything and anyone is available with a quick search. There are even specific data brokers that accumulate your personal information. This can have you pondering things like, "How can I have Intelius remove my name? Even a simple Google search can result in your photo and phone number is revealed. You might wonder how you can remove your personal information from Google as well as the internet in general.
There are endless reasons why you don't want your personal information easily accessible on the internet. You might not want employers, clients, love interests, etc., to know intimate details or see a private photo on Google. You might wish your whereabouts and phone number were kept confidential for security reasons. Having personal information on the internet for anyone to access can feel like an invasion of privacy, and it is unnerving.
There are methods you can try to remove your name yourself, but there are a lot of difficulties, roadblocks, and headaches. They might lead you to wonder if you should hire someone to remove your name for you. Luckily, DoNotPay offers a faster, more affordable solution to these and other common issues.
Why Is It Difficult To Remove Personal Information?
Personal information, in theory, should be just that, personal. Unfortunately, companies accumulate your information and sell it off via data brokers. These companies have a little motive for helping you get your information down because it is making them money. There are a lot of reasons it is difficult to have your information removed.
- To have your information taken off sites, you will need to fill out opt-out forms, send emails, make phone calls, etc., to every single company. To get your information off White Pages is one process. Getting information down on Mylife or Spokeo is another process.
- Some data brokers and websites request a fee to take down personal information.
- Even if a website takes your information down, some of it might still be visible on Google.
- Some websites do not have opt-out forms or any contact information.
How Can I Ask Intelius to Remove My Name?
Each site and data broker has its own procedure for information removal. Some are relatively easy, while others are more convoluted. Contacting each site is time-consuming and aggravating. Nonetheless, if Intelius is the specific website you wish to remove yourself from, here are the steps.
- Go to https://www.intelius.com/opt-out/ and answer whether you have been a customer.
- Enter your name, state, and email address.
- Choose which profile you would like removed.
- Intelius will send you an email with a request Id. Confirm the email.
- Intelius will confirm the request and contact you after reviewing the request.
What to Do if Information Is Not Removed?
The traditional method of removing your personal information from the internet is lengthy, frustrating, and sometimes doesn't work at all. If you find that you do not have the time to contact every single company or that your information continues to appear, there are options you can take.
|Hire a reputation management service||There are services available that will completely scour your online reputation for you. This can be a lengthy and expensive choice.|
|Hire an attorney||Taking legal action is always an alternative to protect your reputation and personal information. This is an effective method of information removal, but there are simpler and more affordable alternatives.|
How to Get Your Personal Information Taken Down from the Internet Using DoNotPay
If you want to get your personal information was taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
1. Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
2. Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
3. If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want to be removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
4. If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want to be removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
5. DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why I Should Use DoNotPay to Ask Intelius to Remove My Name?
DoNotPay is the perfect answer to personal information removal. They save you the time in tracking down every website with your name and filling out lengthy forms. You do not have to worry about the follow-ups with your complaints because DoNotPay takes care of it for you. You can rest easy knowing that your information will be removed promptly without additional stress. You will even receive the opt-out confirmations in your email.
DoNotPay Helps Remove Information From Leading Search Engines and Data Brokers
Intelius is not the only website that DoNotPay can help remove you from. If you need your information removed from social media, like Facebook or YouTube, DoNotPay can help. They can also aid in organ donor registry removals, as well as many other lists.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Removing personal information is not the only service DoNotPay offers. Their services and aid cover a large genre of topics. Visit DoNotPay today to explore all there is to offer.