How to Remove My Name From WhitePages Headache Free
If you have ever Googled yourself, as many of us have, chances are that you have come across sites such as WhitePages, which archive personal information for anyone with access to a computer or a smartphone to search.
Such information includes your public records, such as your name, home address, and your relatives. At other times, this information may include your phone number, where you work, and your criminal record if you happen to have one.
Removing your personal information from WhitePages is possible, though it is not an easy task. With the high number of people-search sites out there and additional ones coming up every other day, it would be an impossible mission to take down all your data from all the sites.
Moreover, sites such as Pipl and Zabasearch do not offer any options to remove personal information.
The following discussion provides you with valuable insights on how to remove your personal information from the internet. If you want to remove your name from WhitePages, you can use DoNotPay to help you navigate the process smoothly. We will handle this for you directly from your web browser, saving you a lot of time.
How to Take Down Personal Information From WhitePages by Yourself
WhitePages allows you to take down two categories of information:
|Free information||This is your name, relatives, current place of residence, and at times, your phone number.|
|Premium information||This includes all your previous addresses, phone numbers, and any financial or criminal records.|
Take Down Your Free Information From WhitePages
The steps below outline how you can take down your free information from WhitePages.
- Go to the Whitepages website.
- Fill in your name and address in the text boxes provided.
- Navigate to your entry and select the "View Details" box from the provided list of names.
- When opened, the page will give you a very long list of all the information WhitePages has that relates to you. You will also see many sky-blue-colored links that direct you to more information on file about you. This data is the premium information that is locked behind a paywall.
- To copy your profile's URL, highlight the link and press Control + C on your PC or Command + C on your Mac computer.
- Move along to the opt-out page, which you can also find here.
- In the dialogue box that pops up, paste your URL and proceed to the "Opt-out" button.
- WhitePages will ask you to verify the information via a dialogue box with your name and personal info. Select "Remove me" if the information is correct and "This is the wrong person, take me back" to double-check the pasted URL.
- Give the reason you want to delete the information. Click "Submit."
- Through a phone call, WhitePages will ask you to enter a provided security code.
- Once you have entered the correct code, you will receive an automated phone call.
- You will be asked to enter the four-digit code, and once done, the robot will confirm that your request has been accepted.
- Refresh the current page with the code still on it.
Remove Your Premium Information From WhitePages
The steps below outline how to take down your premium information from WhitePages.
- Go to the Whitepages website.
- In the dialogue box, enter your name and address.
- You should be able to locate your entry from the list of names provided. Right-click the blue button that reads "View Full Report."
- Click "Copy Link Address" from the menu.
- The page will inquire about the kind of issue you are having. Select, "I need to edit or remove a listing."
- The page will automatically refresh. Fill out the lengthy questionnaire that will appear, including the copied URL. Click "Submit" when done.
- You will get an email explaining that your request is being processed and reviewed in a short while. Whitepages will send a follow-up email a day later to confirm that your information has been successfully removed.
Challenges of Taking Down Personal Information From the Internet Yourself
Taking down personal data from the internet is not only challenging but also time-consuming. You cannot achieve this by simply dialing a number or filling out a form. And while some sites offer individuals the option to opt-out, this option often involves a complicated process that is not easy to find out or navigate. Another option is hiring someone to do it for you, but expect that it would cost you.
How to Get Your Personal Information Taken Down From the Internet Using DoNotPay
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Take Down Personal Information From the Internet?
There are many advantages to using DoNotPay to assist you with removing your data from the Internet, namely:
- DoNotPay is fast
- DoNotPay is easy to use as it helps you bypass all the tedious processes.
- DoNotPay is successful. You can relax, knowing that we will make the best case for you.
What Other Services Can DoNotPay Offer You?
DoNotPay can provide you with many other services, such as:
- Removing your phone number from Facebook
- Removing your name from Spokeo
- Removing your photo from Google
- Removing your name from the California organ donor registry
- Suing anyone in a small claims court
- Skipping the queue and getting in touch with a real human being at any company
- Disputing parking tickets
- Assisting you to get virtual credit cards to stop free trials from charging you.