How To Manage A Villa Group Timeshare Cancellation
Canceling timeshares is not for the faint of heart. Villa Group timeshare cancellations are not an exception to the rule.
Although Villa Group timeshares may seem like a great purchase when you're sitting in a sales pitch, that's not always the case. You may want to cancel your Villa Group timeshare for a number of reasons, but getting out of the contract won't be easy.
Timeshare contracts take time and money to cancel. Most timeshare companies construct their contracts to make getting out of them difficult, so prepare for a fight.
Reasons to Cancel a Timeshare
Here are just a few reasons people often wish to cancel their timeshare:
|Unexpected fees||Unexpected maintenance and service fees often add up.|
|Inconvenient schedules or lack of availability||The resort may not be available when you’d like to go on vacation.|
|Changes to finances||Your personal financial situation may have changed.|
|Lack of resale value||You may be disappointed to learn it’s difficult to recoup your money in a resale.|
How Long Is the Rescission Period With Villa Group Timeshares?
If you just recently signed a Villa Group timeshare contract, you may be in the rescission period. The rescission period is the time specified in the contract to cancel without penalty.
Most timeshare companies are required to have a rescission period, but it's not very long. Here are the facts on rescission periods:
- The majority of rescission periods only last a week or so.
- Rescission periods can also be called "cooling-off periods".
- You can cancel your timeshare within the rescission period with no penalty.
- You still need to provide a written notice to cancel during the rescission period.
According to Timeshare Advocates, the rescission period for most Villa Group timeshare contracts is around 7 days. If you are within the rescission period, you still need to inform the company of your intent to cancel in writing. DoNotPay can help generate the cancellation letter if that's the case.
Is it Possible to Cancel A Villa Group Timeshare Outside of the Rescission Period?
Villa Group does not have any provisions for cancellation in its contract, according to Timeshare Advocates. If you miss the rescission period, it will be very difficult to cancel your Villa Group contract.
Here are some reasons you may be able to get out of your Villa Group contract outside of the rescission period:
- Misrepresentation. Review your contract. If Villa Group is charging you fees that are not outlined in your contract, you may be able to cancel.
- Fraud. If you have any evidence that a timeshare company has acted fraudulently, the contract is void.
Unfortunately, it is not a very long list. Canceling the Villa Group timeshare contract after the rescission period is not easy. Even within the rescission period, Villa Group may make cancellation difficult. According to consumers on TripAdvisor, the company will often ghost consumers looking to cancel their contracts. Those looking to cancel their timeshare contract must do everything just right, or risk being stuck with the high annual fees.
How To Cancel A Villa Group Timeshare On Your Own
Villa Group may make it seem like there is no hope for cancellation after a rescission period. According to TimeshareScam.com, Villa Group may go to great lengths to make it seem like the contract is impossible to cancel, even during the rescission period. That's simply not the case. There are a few ways to cancel a Villa Group timeshare.
Timeshare Resale Companies
These companies may make it seem like they'll get rid of your timeshare for you. In reality, they'll put the timeshare up for sale. Unfortunately, timeshares have little to no resale value.
Still, a resale company may help you get rid of your timeshare, and those annual fees. Don't expect to recoup any of the money you've already spent, however.
Timeshare Exit Companies
A quick search of "How to Get Out of A Timeshare" will bring up hundreds of so-called timeshare exit companies. Some of them are legitimate. A reputable timeshare exit company can help with your Villa Group Timeshare cancellation. However, you can expect to pay a hefty sum of money and wait a long time while the timeshare exit company does its job.
Be careful, there are many, many timeshare exit scams. These fake companies take the money and never cancel the timeshare.
Go It Alone
You'll need to do extensive research to cancel your Villa Group timeshare on your own.
- Know which laws govern your contract. If you signed the contract at the resort in Mexico, Villa Group representatives may have said that the contract is governed by US law. Villa Group does have a presence in the US, but if you signed the contract in Mexico, Mexican law governs your timeshare contract.
- Understand your rights. Just like in the US, Mexico has certain consumer protections that will help timeshare owners looking to cancel their contracts. Whether the contract was signed in the US or abroad, Villa Group members looking to cancel their timeshare will need to research, research, research.
- Determine if there has been misrepresentation or fraud. If there is no fraud or misrepresentation in the contract, consumers need to negotiate cancellation with the company.
- Begin negotiations. Villa Group will likely resist all attempts to negotiate, which makes going it alone difficult.
"Going it alone" may not be easy, but it is the least expensive, and perhaps the fastest way to cancel your Villa Group timeshare. Luckily, there is a way to "go it alone" without being completely alone. DoNotPay can help.
DoNotPay Can Help Get the Ball Rolling
With DoNotPay's timeshare cancellation service, you'll get a customized cancellation letter fast. This letter will help you begin your negotiations with Villa Group.
- Get your timeshare documents from Villa Group ready.
- Search "Timeshare cancellation" on DoNotPay
- Use the information from your contract to answer DoNotPay's questions. The system will need things like purchase date and contract number to customize your letter.
- DoNotPay will generate a cancellation letter automatically, customized to you and your contract.
- Send the letter to Villa Group. This will get your Villa Group timeshare cancellation started, and make negotiations faster and easier.
How to cancel your timeshare agreement using DoNotPay:
If you want to cancel your timeshare agreement but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 3 easy steps:
- Search "Cancel Timeshare Agreement" on DoNotPay.
- Tell us about the timeshare company, the contract name and number, the purchase date, and other details of your agreement.
- DoNotPay will generate a cancellation request letter on your behalf, leveraging all of the negotiation tactics mentioned above.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
You have the right to cancel your timeshare in Mexico or the US. DoNotPay can help! Whether you need to cancel a timeshare in Mexico or with a US organization like Holiday Inn Club Resorts, DoNotPay can get it done for you much faster.
We can help you:
- Get out of a timeshare
- Cancel a Wyndham timeshare
- Cancel a Bluegreen timeshare
- Cancel a Westgate timeshare
- Cancel a timeshare in Florida
- Or cancel a Diamond Resorts timeshare
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! Sign-up today to cancel any timeshare, even if it's in Mexico.