Protect Your Information and Remove Your Number from Facebook
Facebook is a great tool for staying connected to others, but you need to be careful what personal information you provide to your contacts and to Facebook. When you set up your account, it might have seemed natural to include your phone number, but you might be regretting that decision now.
If you are lucky, you might be able to easily remove your mobile number, but all too often it requires additional steps and verifications. Protect yourself and avoid the hassle of navigating Facebook's help forums and slow customer service. Use DoNotPay to get your number removed from Facebook.
How to Remove Your Number From Your Facebook Account
To remove your phone number from your Facebook account, you will need to first log in to your account. Once you are logged in, follow these steps:
- Click the account drop down in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Select Settings & Privacy
- Click Settings
- Click Mobile in the left column
- Click Remove below the number you'd like to remove
- Click Remove Number to confirm
If you are lucky, this will take care of the problem. For many, however, removing a mobile phone number is much more complicated.
What to Do If Facebook Won't Let You Remove Your Phone Number
There are several circumstances that make removing your number from your Facebook and Facebook Messenger account more difficult. For example, if you do not have a different primary contact method, Facebook will not let you remove the number. If your phone number is included in your two-factor authentication, you will need to disable this feature and turn it back on using an authenticator app.
If you aren't able to log in to your account, this also makes it difficult to remove your mobile number – especially if it's an older number that you no longer have access to for password reset. You will have to try an alternate email or mobile number, but if you don't have one associated with your account, you will need to prove your identity to Facebook.
If you are having trouble removing your number, you will need to research where your mobile number is included in your settings and update to a different form of contact prior to removal. This can be time-consuming and frustrating, especially when you are seeking a quick resolution. Don't worry, there's an easier way to give you peace of mind and get your number off Facebook.
Get Your Number Removed From Facebook with DoNotPay
When people aren't able to quickly and easily remove their number from Facebook, they find themselves hunting through account settings and links looking for an answer. DoNotPay has a solution to save time and frustration.
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
DoNotPay Is an Easier Way to Get Your Number Removed from Facebook
DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful. If you are struggling to remove your mobile number from Facebook, DoNotPay will save you hours navigating through self-help articles and forums, filling out forms, and trying to contact customer service.
|Fast||DoNotPay makes removing personal information from Facebook as easy as filling out an online survey.|
|Easy||With a few simple clicks of your mouse, you can have a DoNotPay bot working on your behalf.|
|Successful||With over 250,000 resolved personal information issues, DoNotPay's success record speaks for itself.|
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click Of a Button
If your goal is to protect your personal information, you shouldn't stop with Facebook. DoNotPay makes it simple to remove your phone number and other personal information from a variety of platforms. Here are other ways we help our users:
- Removing your name from Spokeo
- Removing your name from MyLife
- Removing personal information, phone number, or photo from Google
- Removing your name from the white pages
- Removing your name from the California organ donor registry
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
Removing your personal information from the internet is just one way DoNotPay can help make your life a little easier. DoNotPay can help put a stop to receipt of text spam, which is not only annoying, but can also be dangerous. You can also use DoNotPay for assistance with:
- Small claims court lawsuits
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Appealing a banned account