Remove My Phone Number from Google Fast
You have probably heard all kinds of statements concerning the internet vs. personal information. For example, "the internet never forgets" or "once it's online and public, it stays public." Well, it's especially disheartening to believe this when you have personal data such as your phone number that you need to take down from the public domain. If you're here because you want help and searching the web for “how to remove my phone number from Google,” then welcome. You're not alone. We put the smile back on people's faces by helping them to delete personal info from Google.
Why Is It Hard to Remove Your Phone Number from Google?
While it's good for privacy purposes to remove or change your phone number on Google, some scenarios may make this a harrowing ordeal.
|Two-Factor Authentication||If you have already set up two-factor authentication for your Google account, removing the number may make you lose your account completely. This is because Google may require you to authenticate yourself the next time you try logging in. But you can always use a burner phone app to validate yourself on Google without using your real number.|
|Data Brokers||Data brokers make a profit by selling personal data. Therefore, if your phone number and other personal info are in their hands, they might not release it easily.|
Related article: How to remove my photo from Google
How to Remove My Phone Number from Google On My Own
Yes. It's not entirely impossible to delete yourself from Google. Fast and foremost, here is how to remove your phone number from Google searches.
- Start with Google Phonebook Revealing personal data from Google Phonebook remains controversial, as the search engine giant claims it doesn't infringe any privacy rules. If you find your phone number popping up in Google searches, you may want to start by checking and removing it from Google Phonebook because, possibly, it is coming from them. Simply navigate to the Google Phonebook removal tool in your browser, enter the number you want removed, select the reason, and submit the form.
- Delete yourself from data brokers Usually known as people-finder sites, these data brokers are a threat to your privacy and safety online. However, you can easily remove your personal information from Spokeo, MyLife, Whitepages, and other people-search sites.
Fill opt-out forms that these sites provide or email them directly to have your information taken down from the public domain. However, as you can expect, this may take you rounds of follow-up emails, the tireless process of form-after-form filling, and even then, you don't have the assurance that they will genuinely remove your personal information from the internet.
How Else Can You Remove Phone Number from Gmail if DIY Fails
It is one thing to request Google and data brokers to erase your personal data, and it's totally another thing getting your data from appearing in Google searches. For instance, you might realize that your phone number still appears in Google search results even after they assure you they have removed it or after a former employer's page that had your information gets updated. This is because of cached data in Google searches. To ensure that Google doesn't continue showing this, request them to get rid of it from their servers.
Furthermore, Google may promise to clean cached data from their servers, and data brokers may show every sign that your phone or name is now off the internet. However, the whole process (before your phone ceases to appear in searches) is not a walk in the park and may actually take months. This is something you'd want to avoid because the longer it's in the public sphere, the more additional data brokers get it on their hands. The best way is to use DoNotPay to remove your phone number from Google hassle-free.
Remove Your Phone Number from Google with DoNotPay
DIY methods can be tiresome, waste your precious time from doing other crucial things in your life, and frustrating by proving inefficient. After all, you're their enemy just because you don't want them to use your personal data for profit-making. This is where we come in to help.
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Remove Your Phone Number from Google
It's not hard to find why many people have come to us for help in removing their phone number from Google or from Facebook and other similar services/entities, such as removing your name from the California organ donor registry. It's because we're
- Fast. Cut down the hours, days, or months you need to get Google to respond to you in just minutes with a click of a button.
- Easy. No countless filling of several forms or tailoring numberless follow-up mails to get your number from Google.
- Successful. Other methods may never work, but at DoNotPay, our service is result-based and proven beyond doubt to work successfully and seamlessly.
You Can Accomplish Much More with DoNotPay with Just the Click of a Button
We're ready to help you beyond just taking down personal data from the internet. DoNotPay can also help with the following issues:
- To sign up for any service without using your actual number
- Get your banned online account back
- Cancel memberships or subscriptions you're no longer using
- Protect you against copyright infringement
- Getting through a divorce settlement agreement
- Complain against companies
Looking for something different? Learn if we have that in-store.