How to Navigate a Vacation Village Timeshare Cancellation Without the Headache
Whether you attended a timeshare presentation as a way to get the freebies offered or you were genuinely interested, it is easy to get caught in a contract that you do not want. You might wonder how to proceed with a .
Learning how to cancel a timeshare is frustrating. It is easy to believe that you are stuck with endless payments and fees for a timeshare you do not want. Many people believe that a timeshare cancellation is, in fact, impossible . It is not, but it can be confusing.
Each timeshare company has its own rules and procedures for cancellation. For example, the best way to cancel a Wyndham timeshare can be different than canceling a Holiday Inn Club Vacation timeshare . Luckily DoNotPay is available to make the process as painless as possible.
How to Complete a Vacation Village Timeshare Cancellation Quickly
While your situation might seem hopeless, there are several factors in how to cancel vacation village timeshares.
Important Contract Details
Before beginning the process of canceling your timeshare, read the fine print. Timeshares are signed in contracts, and to cancel them, the agreement must be canceled. Canceling a contract is known as contract rescission. During the contract rescission periods , contracts can be canceled, no questions asked .
- Different states require different periods of minimum rescission periods .
- Rescission periods are usually between 5-15 days.
How Much Does Canceling a Timeshare Cost?
There are multiple factors to consider when determining how much canceling a timeshare will cost.
- During the contract rescission period canceling a timeshare is free.
- After the contract rescission period, there are penalties for canceling the timeshare contract.
How to Cancel Vacation Village Timeshares on Your Own
Canceling a Vacation Village Timeshare is overwhelming and confusing. While you were at the presentation, the idea of exotic vacations in beautiful resorts seemed like the perfect idea. Now you know that it is unsuitable for you and don't know where to begin the cancellation process.
- Gather all the documents and the contract.
- Contact Vacation Village and ask for the rescission letter template or sample .
- Fill out the rescission letter thoroughly.
- Mail the letter overnight.
Other Ways to Get Rid of a Vacation Village Timeshare
If you have missed the rescission period, you might feel hopeless. There are other options to consider.
Sell Your Vacation Village Timeshare
While you might be the owner of a timeshare you do not want, it might not be possible to complete a . In this situation, there is the opportunity to sell. Here are a couple of ways to sell your Vacation Village timeshare:
|Start with Vacation Village.||First, try contacting Vacation Village and asking if they will buy back the timeshare.|
|Next, try a friend.||Try selling your timeshare to someone you know.|
|Cast a wider net.||Put the Vacation Village timeshare up for sale on websites like Craigslist or eBay.|
|Finally, explore placing an ad.||Place an ad for your Vacation Village timeshare on a timeshare resale website.|
Hire an Exit Company
There are timeshare exit companies that specialize in helping people get rid of their timeshares. These companies have attorneys that specialize in exiting timeshares. Beware of scams, however, because many of the companies online are scams.
- A legit exit company will analyze your situation before agreeing to take your case.
- A legitimate exit company won 't charge upfront fees.
- Look for a company with an escrow payment option. This means a third party will retain the fees until the work is complete. This keeps both the attorney and client protected.
- Do your research and make sure the company has good feedback and reviews with the Better Business Bureau.
DoNotPay is Here to Help Cancel Your Vacation Village Timeshare
Although you can take steps to cancel your Vacation Village timeshare on your own, it is not easy. It is overwhelming ensuring you are taking proper precautions and detailing everything correctly. That is where DoNotPay comes in to help.
DoNotPay will help you create your cancellation letter so that it will not be rejected. The worry of whether you missed a key detail will be nonexistent.
How to cancel your timeshare agreement using DoNotPay
If you want to cancel your timeshare agreement but don 't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 3 easy steps:
- Search "Cancel Timeshare Agreement" on DoNotPay.
- Tell us about the timeshare company, the contract name and number, the purchase date, and other details of your agreement.
- DoNotPay will generate a cancellation request letter on your behalf, leveraging all of the negotiation tactics mentioned above.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Cancel Vacation Village Timeshares
DoNotPay is the perfect alternative to expensive exit companies or lengthy resell processes. They are quick, easy, and successful. Using DoNotPay takes the worry off your shoulders, instilling confidence that you are taking the proper steps.
DoNotPay is effective no matter which state you are in. It is also effective no matter which timeshare company you signed a contract with. They can help you cancel a Westgate timeshare or Bluegreen timeshare as easily as a Diamond Resorts timeshare . No matter your situation, DoNotPay is there to help.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Access DoNotPay in your and see for yourself. The world's first robot lawyer's useful features include:
- Finding unclaimed money under your name
- Putting an end to spam emails
- Handling unpaid bills
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Protecting your work from copyright infringement