Mexico Timeshare Cancellation: How to Cancel a Timeshare in Mexico ASAP
It can be a challenge to get a . Some timeshare owners struggle with the language barrier. Sometimes a different time zone makes it difficult to speak to management.
This article explains the steps one must take to achieve a Mexico timeshare cancellation. It is an actionable guide for individuals who are struggling to communicate with customer service representatives at Mexican timeshares.
This article describes the steps you can take to without using DoNotPay. It covers common contract law hurdles you can expect to conquer when canceling a timeshare in Mexico. We 'll also explore how DoNotPay -- the world's first robot lawyer -- can achieve a timeshare cancellation from anywhere in the world.
How to Cancel a Timeshare in Mexico by Yourself
You'll need to:
- Read your contract slowly and thoroughly.
- Contact the timeshare company by phone and ask about their cancellation policy. (They'll probably give you a hard time.)
- Request any cancellation paperwork, and wait to receive it. (This could take months.)
- Fill in the paperwork.
- Write a letter to cancel the timeshare contract.
- Notarize their paperwork, if needed.
- Make copies of everything for your records.
- Send originals back to Mexico, and use a shipping method that requires a signature by the recipient.
- Wait for confirmation that your timeshare is canceled. (This could take months, too.)
Meanwhile, you'll be on the hook to pay for your Mexican timeshare on time every month . Missed payments, even if you're in the process of canceling a timeshare in Mexico, could affect your credit score.
Also, know that Mexican laws about timeshare cancellation allow a five-day grace period after signing the contract. This is called a rescission period. If you were pressured into signing a timeshare agreement but immediately suffered from "buyer's remorse," contact the timeshare company right away. Call them, email them, but be sure to make a paper trail.
What if the Timeshare Contract Includes a "No Cancellation" Clause?
Mexican timeshare companies might include this fraudulent clause in their contracts. Again, Mexico's timeshare contract laws say it's not a lawful practice.
Most people won't realize they're a victim of Mexican timeshare fraud until that five-day grace period has passed.
- Mexican timeshare contracts are all registered with Profeco.
- It's the consumer protection agency dedicated to protecting consumers against fraud in Mexico.
- To be filed there, the contract must be legal.
- "Non-cancellation" clauses are not permitted.
- They would be omitted from the contract sent to Profeco.
If the contract you signed doesn 't match the one on file with Profeco, it is null and void. If you're having trouble getting your Mexican timeshare contract canceled, if the timeshare company says you don't have a right to cancel, or if you signed that right away, contact Profeco.
How to Contact Profeco to get a Mexico Timeshare Cancellation
Per the Mexican Government website , you can reach Profeco at:
Av. Jose Vasconcelos 208 Col. Condesa, Del. Cuauhtemoc 06140 Ciudad de Mexico
Or call: (800) 468-8722.
You'll need to send them your contract, so make a copy for your records.
Why is it so Difficult to Cancel a Timeshare in Mexico?
While contract law in Mexico is like contract law in the US, it's not enforced well. Many Americans find it a struggle to cancel a Mexican timeshare agreement.
Mexican timeshare companies are counting on customers to be:
- Enchanted by their Mexican vacation experience
- Eager to repeat it
- Susceptible to high-pressure sales techniques
- Happy about their purchase (until they aren't)
- Unable to execute a Mexico timeshare cancellation quickly, without legal help.
The cancelation process can drag on for many months. In the meantime, they're happy to collect your monthly payments. And they're known to stretch out the cancellation process for as long as possible, saying your mail never arrived.
How to Cancel a Timeshare in Mexico Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay takes a lot of the legwork out of canceling your Mexico timeshare. Here are three reasons why the robot lawyer can help:
|It’s Fast.||Why spend long hours on the phone when you can let us handle it for you?|
|It’s Easy.||Forget filling out long, stressful forms. We've got this.|
|It’s Successful.||You want out, and DoNotPay will not stop until you are.|
If you're ready to use DoNotPay to cancel your timeshare in Mexico, just follow the below steps:
- Gather your contract and documents for the timeshare in Mexico.
- Sign in to DoNotPay.
- Fill in all your information.
- Fill in the timeshare contract information.
- DoNotPay will handle the rest!
- Watch your emails for confirmation that your Mexico timeshare is canceled.
Will I Pay a Fee for a Mexican Timeshare Cancellation?
Mexican timeshare companies may try to force you to pay a fine. But in many cases, this is illegal.
Timeshare salespeople can be slick. Your timeshare contract might include a sentence that signs away your right to cancel the Mexican timeshare, but that 's not legal in Mexico. It's fraud. So if you're planning to cancel your timeshare in Mexico yourself, you'll need to file special paperwork with Profeco, and we'll discuss that in a moment.
Cancel Your Timeshare with DoNotPay Instead
If you want to cancel your timeshare agreement but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 3 easy steps:
- Search "Cancel Timeshare Agreement" on DoNotPay.
- Tell us about the timeshare company, the contract name and number, the purchase date, and other details of your agreement.
- DoNotPay will generate a cancellation request letter on your behalf, leveraging all of the negotiation tactics mentioned above.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
You have the right to cancel your timeshare in Mexico or the US. DoNotPay can help! Whether you need to cancel a timeshare in Mexico or with a US organization like Holiday Inn Club Resorts, DoNotPay can get it done for you much faster.
We can help you:
- Get out of a timeshare
- Cancel a Wyndham timeshare
- Cancel a Bluegreen timeshare
- Cancel a Westgate timeshare
- Cancel a timeshare in Florida
- Or cancel a Diamond Resorts timeshare
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! Sign-up today to cancel any timeshare, even if it's in Mexico.