Get Your Cancellation Fee Waived at Grand Hyatt Resort, Kauai
Hyatt Hotel Corporation is a hospitality conglomerate that owns nearly 1,000 hotels worldwide, including their popular which touts a beautiful beachfront location with amenities like a spa, pool, meeting facilities, golf, and more. However, hidden charges and fees can inflate your hotel stay to a degree you might not have expected and, if you want to cancel your reservation, be prepared to pay a hefty cancellation fee which can be difficult to navigate.
Whether you're hit with a cancellation fee or discover hundreds of dollars of hidden fees on your hotel bill, unexpected expenses are a surprising smack in the face. While you can attempt to negotiate your cancellation fee (and other fees, as well), the process is not always straightforward. There is a much easier, hassle-free way to do it, but if you'd like to get your Grand Hyatt Resort, , here are the steps to try.
Types of Fees Grand Hyatt Kauai Charges
Of course, the COVID-19 pandemic put a damper on vacations from 2020 up to now, but at least half of Americans will be taking a summer vacation this year, experts report. While fun and sun on a Hawaiian beach might be a dream come true for many, that dream can be dashed when hit with hidden fees and charges.
Additionally, when you book your room with Hyatt, you'll be charged a one-night charge as a deposit on your room.
So you've got your hotel room booked and are ready to enjoy your vacation on the beautiful beaches of Kauai, Hawaii. Here are some hidden fees you might see when you go to check out, which can quickly add up to hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars.
- $40 daily resort fee
- Room service delivery fee
- Minibar fees
- Spa usage fee
- Late checkout fee
- Parking fee
According to the Grand Hyatt Kauai website, the daily resort fee covers:
- Reusable logo tote bag
- Two reusable water bottles
- Purified water stations
- Nespresso coffee maker with coffee & tea in guestrooms
- In- Room Amenity: bottle of sanitizer, alcohol wipes and mask
- Poipu Bay Golf Course shuttle service
- Access to 24 hour Anara Spa fitness center
- Complimentary fitness and yoga classes (14 years & older)
- Guided sunrise walk
- One hour tennis court time daily (reservations required) - equipment rental available
- Recreational bicycle use
- Self-service laundry (washer, dryer, detergent)
- Unlimited local and toll-free calls
- In-room safe
- Boarding pass & incoming fax printing
- Welcome lei
- Hawaiian artisans daily in the lobby
- Lei-making and hula lessons
- Koi fish feeding and parrot talk
- Sunscreen samples at the recreation desk
- Kuhio's arrival-departure hospitality lounge
Additional fees may apply to different services and/or experiences you participate in while staying at the Grand Hyatt, so it's wise to review all fees and taxes, before making arrangements to use them. Generally, you can ask the front desk personnel about these fees and try to negotiate to get them lowered or waived.
How To Get Your Grand Hyatt Kauai Cancellation Fee Waived
Aside from becoming a Hyatt Globalist member, where, after meeting particular prerequisites, your hotel fee is waived automatically, there are two ways you can try to get the cancellation fee waived on your own:
- Ask the front desk if they can waive your fee for you.
- Ask the manager to waive the fee for you.
For leverage, you could try to use the reasoning that many other Hyatt locations are not charging cancellation fees, due to COVID, and this could sway them to waive your fee.
If you're unable to work out a waiver through the present management or front desk clerk, you can attempt to reach out to their U.S. customer service at 1-800-233-1234 with the name of your hotel, dates stayed, and your name and contact information.
How To Ask For Other Fees To Be Waived
The first thing to keep in mind is you should try to be kind, personable, and professional.
Since you never know - unless you read all of the fine print - what fees will be tacked onto what, it's best to ask before participating in any activities or using any services.
|Upon finding out about unknown fees, you can ask the person providing the service or activity, if the fee can be waived.
|Leverage Your Status
|If you're a frequent visitor or are staying for an extended period of time, try pointing this out to appeal to the Hyatt's management team.
Point Out Specialty Visits
|If you're on holiday for a special occasion such as a birthday, wedding, anniversary, etc., ask for leniency on your fees; Some hotels like to honor guests under certain circumstances.
You can attempt to dispute fee charges but, since those fees were included in all of your booking materials, your credit card will be charged and you'll have to dispute the charges through your credit card company.
What to Do if You Can't Get Your Grand Hyatt Kauai Fees Waived
If you want to lower your [hotel] bill but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
1. Go to the Hotel Bill Negotiations product on DoNotPay.
2. Answer a few questions about your hotel bill, which charges you want to have refunded, and the details of your reservation.
3. Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
4. Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
And that's it! DoNotPay will draft a demand letter with your refund request and send it to the front desk or general manager. You will hear back from them directly with more details regarding your request.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do so much more than just help you to get your hotel fees waived. We offer simple and, most importantly, effective assistance with all kinds of issues:
Our goal is to help you save time, money, and stress.