Wish You Didn’t Buy That Thing? How Long Does Wish Take to Refund Money?
Wish started selling merchandise only in 2013, and before that, it was an app that resembled Pinterest! You could make wish lists that contained images from all over the Internet. Now, it is an online marketplace where you can buy almost anything.
Just like with any other online shopping app, there are numerous reasons why you might need a refund. The items you purchased could be damaged, not match the description, and the delivery could be compromised.
To make the whole refund process simpler, you can turn to DoNotPay for help. Access it using your web browser and get your money back!
How Long Does Wish Take to Refund the Money?
The timeframe depends on your bank, but it usually doesn’t take more than 14 business days for you to receive a refund. Wish’s support informs its customers that it takes between five and ten business days, but it can still take up to 14 depending on your bank.
How Can I Check My Wish Refund Status?
You can go to your Order History to check your refund status or contact their customer support.
Before checking the status, keep in mind that there are different timeframes for processing the refunds. If you don’t need to return the item, your refund request will be processed within 48 hours after submitting the request. If you have to return the item first, it will take 48 hours after it arrives at the destination (the merchant or return centers).
How Can I Get a Wish Refund With DoNotPay?
Requesting refunds can be tricky, especially if the refund policy isn’t straightforward. That’s why DoNotPay created a feature to make it more convenient.
To submit your Wish refund request, go to DoNotPay via your web browser and follow the steps:
- Navigate to the Get Protected option under the Chargeback category
- Enter your bank’s details
- Type in your payment details
- Insert the merchant’s details
- Verify your information
- Choose whether to send the demand letter yourself or have DoNotPay do it for you
DoNotPay’s refund request option is superior compared to others because we take additional steps to enhance your chances of getting it. Not only do we automatically fax the request to your bank and gather evidence that improves your chances of winning, but we also send all the necessary VISA and Mastercard codes that can be vital for your case.
How to Get a Refund on Wish by Myself?
If you choose to request a refund on your own, you can do it in a couple of ways. Check out the table for specific methods:
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
Submitting a Wish App Refund Request
If you want to submit a Wish app refund request, you can follow these steps:
- Open your Wish app
- Click on Menu in the top left corner
- Go to Order History
- Find and select the item you want to have refunded
- Click on Contact Support at the bottom of the page
- Answer No to the first question the support assistant asks (Did your order arrive?)
- Choose whether you want to Wait a Bit Longer or get More Assistance
- Choose if you want to get your refund via Wish Cash or Original Payment Method.
If you choose to get more assistance, Wish will offer a full refund and let you keep the item if it arrives. The refund can be completed within two hours in Wish Cash or five to ten business days on the original payment method.
Requesting a Wish Refund Using Their Website
If you choose to submit your refund request on Wish directly, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Wish account
- Hover over your profile picture
- Go to Order History
- Click on Contact Support
- Find and select the items you’re requesting a refund for
- Answer whether the items arrived or not
- Decide whether you want to wait or need help
- Choose if you want to receive your refund in Wish Cash or to Original Payment Method
You will receive your refund in a couple of hours if you choose Wish Cash, or between five and ten business days to receive it to your credit card.
Contacting Wish Customer Support via Email and Phone for a Refund
Wish highlights that their support team will be more efficient in helping you with your item-related inquiries if you contact them via the website. If you prefer calling or sending an email, you can do that as well. The email address you can send your inquiry to is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to call, dial 1-800-266-0172 for Wish customer support.
Customers wait approximately 42 minutes before speaking to an agent! Being aware of that, DoNotPay developed a feature to make everything easier. Instead of dialing the number and waiting by the phone, you can use the DoNotPay app to call the service and jump the phone queue for you. Check out the specifics about customer support hacks for Amazon, Rockstar, and Booking.com.
What Do I Need to Know About the Wish Refund Policy?
Almost all Wish items are refundable within 30 days of delivery. If the item arrives damaged or different from what was described, it will be eligible for a refund without exceptions. In some cases, you would need to cover the shipping costs of returning the item, though. You can contact their support team to guide you through the return process.
The 30-day policy states that you can submit your request no later than 30 days from the delivery date or the latest delivery date. What does that mean?
If you received an item on February 28, but it wasn’t the one you’d ordered, you’d have to request a refund by March 30. If the delivery date for your order was February 25, and then was postponed to March 1, you would be able to submit your refund request by March 30.
The types of goods that are not eligible for a refund are:
- Final sale items
- Household supplies
- Perishable items
- Personal care items
- Sex toys (except party favors)
- Items or services covered by Merchant Policies
You can find further explanations for other refund exceptions in the table:
Wish Refund Exceptions
What They Are
Final Sale Items
|All items marked Final Sale, refurbished, and secondhand merchandise|
Toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.
|Food, vitamins, beverages, supplements, and pet food|
|Personal Care Items||
Soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, deodorants, and feminine hygiene products
Items or Services Covered by Merchant Policies
Some merchants deal with refunds and returns on their own. If you can’t sort it out with the merchant, you can report the issue to Wish
Specific merchants’ policies cover refunds and returns for some items, and you need to contact them directly for refunds. You can find their details on the store page. If you cannot sort a refund request out with the merchant, you can report it to Wish.
What Is Wish Refund Abuse?
Wish refund abuse is related to what merchants can do if customers abuse the refund policy. If you, as a customer, request refunds several times, the merchant can report you.
It is considered customer refund abuse if you request refunds for more than two orders from the same merchant.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
DoNotPay can help you with numerous administrative and bureaucratic issues.
Sign up for DoNotPay via your web browser to get access to our features! Find out more about:
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Resolving credit card issues
- Dealing with bills you cannot pay
- Getting robocalls compensation
- Getting refunds from various companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Scheduling DMV appointments easily
- Stopping subscriptions or memberships
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Requesting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Avoiding the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps