The Most Reliable Way to Connect With an Inmate at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility
The Holliday Transfer facility or the Reverend C. A Holliday Transfer Facility is a prison located in Huntsville, Texas. It is an intake and processing facility for transient inmates who are either awaiting trial or being transferred to another facility. The Holliday Transfer facility is the largest of its kind in Texas and can house a maximum of 2,128 male inmates.
Inmates at this facility go through various assessments that include substance abuse screenings. These assessments determine which prison the inmate will be housed in. The facility was opened in January 1994 and is named after C.A Holliday is a community activist and pastor in the Huntsville area.
Where is the Holiday Transfer Unit Facility Located?
The Holiday Transfer Unit is located about half a mile north of Highway 30 on the west feeder of IH-45 in Walker County. The facility is co-located with Wynne Unit. Both sit on 1,396 acres of land. Other vital addresses and contact information for the facility include;
|Physical Address||C.A. Holliday Transfer Facility
295 IH-45 North
Huntsville, TX 77320-8443
|Phone Number||(936) 295-8200 (**092)|
How to Contact Inmates at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility
Despite the strict rules and regulations set by the Texas Department for Criminal Justice, there are still ways to contact inmates at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility. The most common methods of connecting with inmates at this facility include;
Visitation at the Holliday Unit Transfer facility is Saturday, and Sunday from 7 am – 5 pm. The visits are up to two hours. The inmate custody status determines if the visitations are the contact or non-contact visits.
When visiting, you can come with a clear Ziploc bag with up to $20 in quarters to use at the vending machines.
Inmates at the C.A Holliday Transfer Facility cannot receive incoming calls. But they do have access to phones during certain hours, and they can make the calls. However, the calls must be in line with the TDCJ phone calls guidelines.
How to Send Money and Packages to Inmates at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility
Inmates at this facility can also receive money and packages. But these have to be addressed properly and sent according to the rules and regulations of the facility. The inmate mailing address is;
Inmate Name/DOC Number
C.A. Holliday Transfer Facility
295 IH-45 North
Huntsville, TX 77320-8443
Packages with newspapers, magazines, and books must be mailed directly to the offender by the publisher, supplier, publications, or bookstore.
Steps to Take Before Contacting an Inmate
Connecting with an inmate is a process that requires ample preparation and prior approval from the relevant bodies. It can be tedious and frustrating, but it pays to follow these steps before contacting an inmate;
- First, you should know where the inmate is located. Phone calls and letter postage rates can be more expensive if the inmate is out of state than if they are within the same state as you. If you don't know where the inmate is, there are ways to find an inmate. DoNotPay has the most effective and easiest method of finding an inmate using the Connect With an Inmate app that helps you locate an inmate in any correctional facility in the U.S. You can use this application by opening your DoNotPay account in your web browser and following these steps;
- Find the Connect With an Inmate tab and select locate someone.
- Provide the correct name of the inmate and the state they are in.
- Submit your request
The platform is easy and fast to use. You will have the location of the inmate in a matter of seconds.
Difficulties You May Experience Contacting Inmates at Holliday Unit Transfer Facility
Contacting an inmate is a lengthy and often frustrating process. You're likely to face challenges and setbacks that include
- Communication is closely monitored
- Telephone and letter postage rates are high
- You can only contact or visit the inmate for a limited time
- Cancellations and postponements are common
Get In Touch With Your Loved Ones Via DoNotPay
DoNotPay eases the process of contacting a loved one at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility and simplifies the process by breaking it down into five easy and quick steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you do so much more than contacting an inmate at the Holliday Unit Transfer Facility. You can also use DoNotPay for:
- Suing people in small claims court
- Finding unclaimed funds under your name
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Scheduling DMV appointments quickly
- Getting rid of spam mail forever