How to Connect With an Inmate at Grafton Correctional Institution
is an adult male-only state prison. Established in 1988, the facility houses a mix of minimum and maximum security level inmates. The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction manages the facility and ensures that all inmates obtain quality services by recruiting volunteers.
The institution offers apprenticeship programs like landscaping, tailoring, food service management, and culinary arts. Inmates who've acquired these skills have a higher chance of securing work opportunities after release.
With the facility accommodating over 2,000 inmates, locating an inmate can be a hassle. DoNotPay provides an easy and stress-free alternative to connect with an inmate at Grafton Correctional Institution.
Grafton Correctional Institution Contact Information
Being in touch with an inmate can provide comfort by making them feel loved and remembered. The institution is in South Avon, Belden Road, Grafton. You can contact an inmate at Grafton Correctional Institution through physical visits, mail, or telephone.
The table below shows the facility's contact information.
|Physical Address||Grafton Correctional Institution
2500 South Avon Belden Road
Grafton, Ohio 44044
|Phone Number||+1 (440)-748-1161|
How Can I Contact an Inmate at Grafton Correctional Institution?
There are four ways that you can use to contact an inmate at the facility. They are:
Schedule a Visit
Physical visitation must be reserved online. However, if an online reservation is not possible, you are advised to pick a visitor application form at the institution. After filling out the form, send it to the institution through:
- U.S Mail
- Drop off in-person
The administrators will review your request, and upon approval, you shall get notified by the inmate. The visiting hours are:
- Wednesday - Sunday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (Morning visit. All visitors must arrive by 9:45 am)
- Wednesday - Sunday: 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm( Afternoon visit. All visitors must arrive by 2:30 pm)
The institution is also in partnership with JPAY to facilitate video visits to those who can't manage to do a physical visit due to various reasons. In this case, one schedules a video call 24 hours in advance, and only approved visitors are allowed to communicate with an inmate. Register with JPAY by creating an account to access the company's services.
All inmates are allowed a 30-minute video call visit, with a maximum of five people on the screen, including children. The video call visiting hours are:
- 7:30 am - 10:30 am
- 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Send an Email
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has partnered with JPay to allow people to email an inmate at the facility through their platform. To access this service, create an account with JPay.
To send an email, you'll require stamps which you can purchase at the JPAY kiosk or online. The inmate will receive your email within 48-hours. You can also attach photos or videos. In addition, they can respond upon receiving the email and download the attachments.
Contact an Inmate via Calls
The facility has partnered with Global Tel Link(GTL) to provide phone services to inmates. When an inmate first contacts you, GTL will send you an automated call message requesting permission to add the inmate's number to your call list.
After that, the number will be directly added to your contact list upon your approval, and only then will an inmate contact you.
The phone service provider offers a reduced calling rate of 5 cents per minute for all calls within the US. You can pay the calls through:
- Standard Collect Calls - You're responsible for paying for the collect calls.
- Prepaid Collect Calls - You must have a prepaid account with GTL to use this method. Your total bill is deducted from the account.
- Pin Debit - The inmate can directly pay for the calls using a pin debit telephone account.
- Kiosks - You deposit funds directly to the inmate by visiting the facility's booth. You'll be charged a $3 transactional fee regardless of the money deposited.
- Offender Commissary - An inmate can purchase telephone debit account credit from their account.
Contact an Inmate via Mails
You can contact an inmate by writing to them. The facility has no limit on the number of letters you can send per month. However, you should follow the facility's guidelines. Some of the rules to observe when sending a letter include:
- Writing the inmate's full name and DOC number,
- Writing a return address,
- Excluding polaroids and markings using lipsticks, glitter, or paint,
- Writing with a pen or pencil,
- The message is clear and straightforward.
The facility's staff inspects most of the letters sent to inmates for security purposes. For example, if the team suspects that a letter is not from a legal adviser, they can open it. However, they should not open letters from courts or solicitors except in exceptional cases.
Use the following format to ensure the inmate receives your letter:
Inmate Name, DOC Number
Grafton Correctional Institution
2500 South Avon Belden Road
Grafton, OH 44044
How to Send Money to a Grafton Correctional Institution Inmate
You can send money to an inmate if you are an approved or pending approval visitor. The inmate can receive cash through JPAY or ConnectNetwork(GTL) services. To deposit the funds, you can either use:
Send Money in the Mail
Download the money order form from JPAY and send it through the US Mail. The allowed minimum amount you can send is $200 and a maximum of $400. When sending the money order, include an official photo document like a passport, State ID, or driver's license. Avoid including any letter in the money order as it will be discarded.
Ensure the name on the money order matches with:
- The name on your official photo documents
- The name you registered with at the facility
Send Money to an Inmate Online
Send money through ConnectNetwork(GTL). Create an account with GTL to deposit funds using your debit or credit card. This service attracts a transactional fee.
Send Money to an Inmate via Telephone
You can deposit money by calling 1-888-988-4PMT (4768), a toll-free, automated service. The attendant will guide you to deposit credit or debit cards using prompts. However, the service attracts a transactional fee.
Can I Send Packages to an Inmate at Grafton Correctional Institution?
The inmates at the facility can receive packages from approved visitors. In addition, the inmates and approved visitors can order sundry packages and food items only through the approved vendors. The approved vendors are Union Supply Direct, Walkenhorst's, Keffe Group, and Access Secure Park.
How to Get in Touch With Your Locked-up Loved Ones With The Help Of DoNotPay
Connecting with an inmate at a facility can be a tedious process. You are required to book a visit in advance or wait for the inmate to call you. DoNotPay offers you a convenient way of communicating with an inmate using the following steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
Steps to Take Before Calling a Prisoner
Before accepting a call from an inmate, know the calling rates, as interstate calls are more expensive than intrastate calls. However, DoNotPay can assist you if you don't know how to find an inmate. Locate an inmate at any correctional institution within the U.S. using the following steps:
- Create a DoNotPay account on your web browser,
- Click Locate Someone in the Connect with an Inmate button,
- Give the inmate's name and their state,
- Complete the process by submitting the form.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay is not only limited to helping you . We have partnered with public and private institutions to provide you with a host of other services. They include:
Sign up and enjoy excellent quality services!