Are You Out of Tune With Online Dating? Get Your eHarmony Refund With DoNotPay!
eHarmony is an online dating service based in Los Angeles, California. It was the first algorithm-based website of this type. eHarmony was founded by Neil Clark Warren, who has a degree in clinical psychology. The website claims that the methods used for matching their members rely on science and detailed questionnaires required when signing up.
There are approximately ten million active users on eHarmony, with 750,000 paid subscribers. According to their statistics, every 14 minutes, someone finds love on their website.
eHarmony Refund Policy
While you can use eHarmony’s basic services for free, many people choose to pay a subscription fee to access all its features hoping to find a romantic partner faster. They offer paid plans ranging from one to 12 months, but if you change your mind about using their services, getting your money back from eHarmony might be challenging.
Based on their Terms and Conditions of Service, prematurely canceled subscriptions will not be refunded and will remain valid until they expire. In case you opted for a subscription that is paid in installments, your credit card will be charged until all due payments have been covered in full.
This strict no-refunds policy allows certain exceptions if you live in one of the following states:
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
The residents of these states can cancel their eHarmony premium memberships without penalties or fees within three days from signing the agreement with the company. Sundays and holidays are not included in the time frame.
How stingy eHarmony is when it comes to refunds shows the policy that in case of death, you or your representatives are entitled to a prorated refund for the services you paid, but couldn’t use.
Methods for Getting eHarmony Refunds
Even if you decide to cancel your eHarmony paid subscriptions within the first three days of using the service, the process for getting your money back is not easy if you use the methods stated in the website’s terms and conditions. The good news is that you’re not obliged to use only those means:
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
While non-refundable cancellations and stopping auto-renewals can be handled in your account settings, requesting refunds will take more time and effort.
Requesting an eHarmony Refund in an Email
To cancel your paid subscription via email within three days from starting the service, you should follow these steps:
- Write an email explicitly stating that you want to cancel your agreement with eHarmony
- Include your account information, especially the email associated with your eHarmony subscription
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of the third business day following the start of your subscription
Requesting an eHarmony Refund in a Letter
Another way to cancel the service and retrieve your money is to use snail mail or telegram:
- Compose a letter clearly stating that you wish to cancel your existing eHarmony subscription
- Include the date, time, your email address connected to your eHarmony account, and a signature
- Mail the letter to eHarmony, Inc., Attn: Cancellations, P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
How Long Does an eHarmony Refund Take?
If you qualify for a refund and use one of the methods described above, eHarmony should process your request and send your money back within ten days from the receipt of your cancellation email or letter.
Potential Issues With eHarmony Refunds
Besides not being available to residents of most states, eHarmony refunds get even more complicated if you got your subscription through the iOS app. Since Apple is considered a third party, all your refund requests should be directed to them and not to eHarmony.
How to Get an eHarmony Refund With DoNotPay?
eHarmony refunds might work hassle-free for residents of the states listed above who act on time, but what should Americans living elsewhere do? Even though eHarmony doesn’t offer a solution for them, DoNotPay can come to the rescue.
We built our methods around the Fair Credit Billing Act of 1974. According to this regulation, you have the right to dispute credit card charges up to 60 days from the purchase. While chargebacks and disputes can make your head spin if you’re acting on your own, DoNotPay offers a smooth and easy process that anyone can use.
The first thing you should do is create your DoNotPay account in a . After you sign in, initiating your eHarmony chargeback is a piece of cake:
- Find File a Chargeback
- Provide elementary information about your bank
- Answer the chatbot’s questions about the charge you need to dispute
- Confirm your identity to prevent any misuse
- Sign and submit
Yes, it’s that easy. You don’t have to call anyone or write long letters and emails. The service will prepare and send the custom-made dispute letter to your bank. If by any chance, your claim needs extra support, DoNotPay will supplement your chargeback with a letter stating all relevant Visa and MasterCard codes and rules, making sure that you have a solid case.
If Everything Else Fails, DoNotPay Will Help You Sue eHarmony
eHarmony’s refund policy is non-negotiable, and if you’re thinking about taking legal action against them, you can give DoNotPay a chance. Our app is more than capable of setting you up for success in small claims court. American Bar Association honored us with the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access at the beginning of 2020, and that fact alone can vouch for DoNotPay’s reliability.
Among other services, our app will help you:
- Decide whether your claim is eligible in small claims court
- Deal with required court paperwork
- Present your case in court based on a script involving different scenarios
No Need to Get Stuck With Administrative Issues When You Have DoNotPay
Everyone struggles with bureaucracy. While hiring expensive lawyers is one way to manage this issue, using DoNotPay will definitely save you a buck or two. Do you need to request a refund from Target but you’re not sure how? Our lawyer bots are experts in handling refunds and chargebacks, but also in many other areas of customer advocacy.
You are welcome to try our app if you need to lower your bills, stop cyberstalking, or even protect yourself from sexual harassment. All those annoying tasks can be easy when you have the right helper at your side.
Use our virtual credit cards when you want to check free trials for various subscriptions and services. DoNotPay's virtual credit card generator enables you to create a new credit card number that you can use to sign up for services and verify your payment info without worrying about information abuse and theft. You will be able to sign up, but no charges will show up on your account if you forget to cancel!
There is so much more DoNotPay can assist you with:
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Challenging traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting call centers
- Using free trials risk-free
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Filing lawsuits against people and companies in small claims court
- Putting an end to dangerous spam mail for good
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Contesting speeding tickets
Access all our tools and services from any .