Get Your DuPage County Marriage Certificate Fast
Your is important. You'll need this document to legally change your surname, share health or dental benefits with your spouse, apply for joint banking accounts, or secure a mortgage loan. Although all couples get copies of their marriage certificates shortly after their nuptials, these documents can be easily damaged or lost. Worst still, getting them back often proves far more challenging.
The good news is that DoNotPay can help you get your marriage certificate quickly and without a lot of hassle. When you use DoNotPay, you can submit all of the required documents for requesting a copy of this record and remit the necessary fees within just minutes. You can even make arrangements to have your certificate notarized.
What's the Difference Between a DuPage County Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License?
Before you and your significant other can legally wed, you'll have to apply for a marriage license together. In most counties, several prerequisites must be met before a marriage license is granted including:
- Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age or ability to meet the age requirement in other ways
- Applicants cannot be nearer in kin to each other than full-blood or half-blood second cousins
- Both applicants must have a valid, government-issued ID
- Both parties must be unmarried at the time of applying for their licenses
While a marriage license is essentially a county-issued license to wed, a marriage certificate is proof that a marriage has already happened. Marriage licenses are typically signed during wedding ceremonies or just after them. They are then returned to the county clerk's office so that marriage certificates can be issued.
Who Can Request a Marriage Certificate in DuPage County, IL?
Unlike vital records such as birth certificates, marriage certificates are considered public records in DuPage County, Illinois. As such, anyone with a valid ID who's willing to pay the county's record request fee can get a copy of an existing marriage certificate.
What's the Fee for Requesting a Marriage Certificate in DuPage County?
There are several ways to request a , and the associated records request fees vary between them. For requests made in-person or by mail, it costs $14 for the first copy of a marriage certificate and just $2 for each additional copy. However, if you choose to request a marriage certificate online using the VitalChek system, you'll have to pay an additional $10 for processing.
How Long Will It Take To Get a Marriage Certificate in DuPage County, Illinois?
It takes between five and 10 business days for records requests sent by mail to be processed. The DuPage County Clerk may be able to offer same-day service for in-person requests for records issued within the past several decades. If you choose to use the VitalChek system to apply for a marriage certificate online, you can have a copy of your certificate sent by standard mail or you can pay an additional fee for overnight or next-day delivery through UPS.
What Documents Do I Need When Requesting a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in DuPage County?
To apply for a copy of a marriage certificate in DuPage County, you will need to submit a completed Marriage Certificate Request Form. You can download this form on the official website of the County of DuPage here. No other marriage certificate documents are required.
How to Request a DuPage County Marriage Certificate by Yourself
To request a DuPage County marriage certificate in person, visit the DuPage County Clerk's Office at 421 North County Farm Road in Wheaton, Illinois. The Dupage County Clerk's office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. If you wish to request a copy of your marriage certificate by mail, you will need to:
- Visit the DuPage County Website
- Download the "Certification of Record of Marriage Application"
- Complete this application and mail it in
When sending in a marriage certificate requests by mail, be sure to include your records request payment in the form of a money order or check. Your payment should be made payable to the DuPage County Clerk.
How to Request Your DuPage County Marriage Certificate Online
The Dupage County Clerk has partnered with VitalChek to make online records requests possible. Simply visit the VitalChek weblink for DuPage County and provide the requested information and payment.
Contact Information for DuPage County Clerk
If you have questions about how to fill out a marriage certificate application or wish to submit a completed application and payment, you can use the contact information below.
|General Address||DuPage County Clerk
P.O. Box 1028
Wheaton, IL 60187
|Website:||County Clerk DuPage|
Get Your DuPage County Marriage Certificate With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in DuPage County, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Nothing could be easier!
Why Use DoNotPay to Request a Marriage Certificate in Illinois?
With DoNotPay, requesting a marriage certificate in Illinois doesn't take long at all. You can enjoy the safety and security that DoNotPay provides, along with a simple application process that's been streamlined from end to end. You can also take advantage of the DoNotPay Notary product to have your marriage certificate notarized.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help
Using DoNotPay is a quick and easy way to order a copy of your . However, you can also turn to the world's first AI-driven robot lawyer when you need other problems solved. DoNotPay can help you:
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions fast
- Quickly create passport photos
- Sign up for free raffle tickets
- Initiate chargebacks and refunds
- File complaints against troublesome neighbors
Sign up for DoNotPay today to experience these benefits and more!