The Easiest Way to Cancel DoxoPlus and Get a Refund
DoxoPlus launched in 2020 as a subscription-based version of Doxo’s bill pay service, offering unlimited online bill payments through your linked bank account, plus protection tools for overdrafts, late fees, identity theft, and your credit score, for $5.99 a month.
If you tried DoxoPlus and ran into problems or want to test out an alternative, the next question is: How do I cancel my Doxo account without wasting a lot of time? The company doesn’t make it easy to find specific cancellation instructions or a customer service phone number.
There are a couple of options to cancel a subscription directly through the company, or you can look to an outside consumer service to take care of the process and even explore refund options if the service hasn’t lived up to your expectations.
How to Cancel a DoxoPlus Subscription Online
When you cancel DoxoPlus online, the cancellation takes effect at the end of your current billing cycle, which varies from one customer to another. Follow these steps to cancel your DoxoPlus subscription on the company’s website:
- Go to the Doxo homepage and log in to your account.
- Click the “user settings” icon on the top right of the page to open a drop-down menu.
- Select “settings” in the menu to navigate to your account details.
- Scroll down to the “DoxoPlus Subscription” header and click the “manage your subscriptions” link underneath.
- Select cancel and confirm your choice.
For a faster and failsafe method, let DoNotPay handle the DoxoPlus cancel subscription request by opening our app on your . We can handle canceling the monthly subscription, closing your account entirely, and pursuing refunds.
How Do I Cancel My Doxo Account Completely?
To cancel your Doxo bill pay account altogether, in addition to the DoxoPlus subscription, scroll to the very bottom of the Doxo account settings page and click the “cancel your Doxo account” link. Make sure you’ve successfully canceled the monthly subscription before deleting your account completely.
Deleting the account completely is the only way to make sure you stop receiving emails from Doxo. You can opt out of certain types of email communications on the settings page, but operational messages automatically go out to everyone with an account.
How to Cancel a DoxoPlus Subscription Using the Customer Service Phone Number
Doxo would prefer that you not contact customer service by phone — at least that’s how it seems. If you had to Google ‘DoxoPlus customer service number’ because you couldn’t find it on the website, you’re certainly not alone.
On the customer support page, you have to go through several steps to find the Doxo phone number, and even then you’re encouraged not to use it:
- Click the green “get user support” button.
- On the next page, which offers self-service options, click again on the “get user support” green button. This pulls up a chatbot.
- When you type “cancel subscription” into the chat, the bot prompts you to cancel online by going to your account settings.
- Respond with “call customer service” and you’re prompted to chat with a live agent.
- At the very bottom of the bot’s response, you’ll see an option to click on “I would like to call,” which finally brings you to the phone number for Doxo customer service, 855-791-9986.
However, the message that pops up emphasizes that “if you feel you need to talk to someone over the phone” only limited phone support is offered from 6 a.m.-5 p.m. (PT), with average wait times of more than 10 minutes during busy times. Not so enticing, right?
To avoid the dreaded wait time, you can also use DoNotPay to jump the phone queue for Doxo or any other company.
|DoxoPlus: Cancel Subscription Via||Yes/No|
|Customer Service Phone Number||Yes|
Common Doxo Bill Pay Complaints and Warnings
Often, DoxoPlus customers cancel because they’ve had a problem with a payment made through Doxo bill pay. The payment may have been late or it wasn’t received at all. Even if Doxo fixes the problem and covers late fees, there’s time and hassle involved in making sure another payment goes out and your credit isn’t impacted.
Doxo has relationships with more than 100,000 billers across the U.S., both national and regional, but that doesn’t mean they have a relationship with all of your billers. Problems with receiving payment tend to affect companies and organizations like:
- Medical offices, including doctors and dentists
- Local and state revenue departments (i.e. your tax bills)
- Small or municipally-owned electric, gas, water and internet utilities
Because of this problem, billers like the Delaware Division of Revenue and the city of Houston’s Public Works Department, among many others nationwide, have issued warnings urging customers to pay bills directly to them, rather than through Doxo.
Many Better Business Bureau complaints have also been filed on this issue, although Doxo maintains a B+ rating because they’ve been responsive in addressing and resolving complaints.
Can’t Get a Doxo Refund? DoNotPay Can Help You Escalate the Case
If you paid a bill through Doxo but it was never received by the biller, the first step is to reach out to Doxo directly for a resolution. If you’re not having success, DoNotPay can help you sue in small claims court to recoup lost money and time.
Widely known as the world’s first robot lawyer, DoNotPay makes it simple and inexpensive to file a case. Because the service makes justice affordable and equitable for all, DoNotPay has been recognized with the American Bar Association’s Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
Let DoNotPay Handle Your DoxoPlus Subscription Cancellation
If you don’t have the time or patience to deal with your DoxoPlus or Doxo bill pay cancellation, DoNotPay can handle it on your behalf. Just open DoNotPay in your to get the process started and follow these quick steps:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
You’re done in a couple minutes and you never have to think about it again. We’ll let you know when the service is officially canceled. There’s no need to wait on hold, check back with the company over and over, or carefully monitor your bank account for charges.
In addition to DoxoPlus, we can cancel just about any subscription the same way: gym memberships, streaming services, insurance plans, meal delivery, fashion subscriptions, health and weight-loss apps and so much more.
DoNotPay users frequently ask us to:
- Unsubscribe from Xbox Live
- Scrap Starz
- Break up with Tinder
- Shut down SiriusXM
- Stop Planet Fitness payments
- Drop Uber Eats Pass
- Opt out of CVS CarePass
- Terminate a Massage Envy contract
- Cancel an Epoch online payment membership
Other Ways DoNotPay Solves Your Problems and Saves You Money
DoNotPay’s mission is to level the playing field between consumers and big corporations. Our artificial intelligence technology makes it easy to fight unfair or unnecessary fees, appeal tickets, get refunds, protect your privacy and so much more.
Use DoNotPay to:
- Lower bills or find payment assistance
- Break a lease
- Protect your banking information with a virtual credit card
- Sign up for free trials without risk of being billed
- Cancel timeshares
- Clean up credit
- Work around mobile phone number verification
- Negotiate for lower hotel bills and fees