Does Rent-A-Center Give Refunds and How Can You Get One Fast?
Rent-A-Center (RAC) is a rent-to-own company that produces, provides, and sells furniture, appliances, and electronics. It has around 2,400 company-owned stores across 48 states. Many customers out there complain about Rent-A-Center being expensive and its customer service being poor, so it comes as no surprise that you would want to terminate the contract and get a refund. The question is whether Rent-A-Center offers refunds—read on and find out.
How Can You Get a Refund From Rent-A-Center?
Unfortunately, Rent-A-Center doesn’t give refunds to its customers. In addition, the company’s refund policy is rather vague, and the information about it is scarce. It only addresses consumer rights regarding pausing the agreement and returning the items you rented.
The company won’t grant you a refund, but you’ll have the option to return the products you rented and pause your payments anytime during your lease cycle. If you return your product before you reach ownership, Rent-A-Center will give you a payment protection voucher, which won’t allow your payments to go to waste. You’ll be able to restart your agreement whenever you’re ready within the next two years. There is no termination fee, and Rent-A-Center will keep a record of all your payments.
The Rent-A-Center website gives you three possible ways to redeem your payment protection voucher:
- Restart your agreement—the full amount of your voucher applies to the restarted agreement, and you will get the items you returned once your agreement is reinstated
- Request a different item—you have the option of reducing the cost of the new item you’ve chosen with your voucher. You can get up to three months off for the new product
- Give your voucher to someone else—if you transfer your credit to someone else, they will take over your payments from your original contract, and they can get up to three months off the item you first rented
Laws that regulate refunds would be useful, but many states don’t even have such laws, and even when they do, they’re not of much use—because vendors create their own refund policies. The company is under a legal obligation to grant you a refund when the product it sold you is defective.
It also has to grant a refund, in some cases, if its policies don’t state clearly that it doesn’t offer refunds. If the vendor doesn’t display the refund policy clearly, the customer is eligible for a refund within a few days of their purchase. This is enforced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) consumer protection regulation.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Rent-A-Center Limitations of Liability
Rent-A-Center’s terms and conditions state that it will pay for any fees and charges ordered by your bank if the error came from the company. Exceptions to this rule are if:
- You didn’t have enough money on your account to make a payment
- Your bank account is restricted
- The AutoPay system didn’t work at the time of the transaction
- You don’t use the AutoPay system adequately
- You don’t cancel a payment before your due date
- You don’t have enough amount to cover the debt
- Your transaction is delayed or late
- The AutoPay program is suspended or canceled
- The bank closed your account
- A security breach occurs and causes the company not to process the payment
How To Get a Rent-A-Center Refund With the Help of DoNotPay
Considering the fact that the law doesn’t do much to help your endeavor, you can find some other options, such as DoNotPay. Our app can help you request a refund from any company and get your money back.
What you need to do is open DoNotPay in any and follow these few simple steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Scroll down and click on the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Give all the required information about your bank
- Enter the name of the merchant
- Follow the instructions provided by our chatbot to build your case
After you finish this process, DoNotPay will create a letter of refund payment and send it to your bank, along with your VISA and MasterCard codes and regulations that will help your case. We can send the dispute letter to the merchant as well.
If this turns out to be to no avail, you can sue Rent-A-Center in small claims court with the help of DoNotPay and use all the documents as evidence for your case.
DoNotPay can help you unenroll and cancel or sue many other services such as Assurant, Public Storage, Hidden Listings, and many more.
How To Unenroll From Recurring Payments
If you decide to end your recurring payments or your payment method is declined, you can unenroll from Rent-A-Center’s AutoPay. This is how you can do it:
- Sign in to your account
- Click on My Agreements in the drop-down list that you can access from the upper right corner
- Select Unenroll for each agreement you want to end
- Tap on Unenroll in the pop-up confirmation window
- Wait for the email confirming you unenrolled
Sue Rent-A-Center in Small Claims Court
If you think that Rent-A-Center violated your consumer rights, DoNotPay can help you sue them in small claims court. Say you rented furniture that turned out to be a home of bed bugs; you have grounds for a legal claim because Rent-A-Center has to make sure that their beds, mattresses, couches, and other furniture were inspected for infestations.
Has Rent-A-Center staff been too harsh on you, as it was the case with other customers? You can sue them, and DoNotPay will help you by:
- Creating a demand letter and sending it to the merchant
- FIlling out your legal court forms
- Generating a script for your case
The script will contain all the particulars of your case:
- Your claim content
- Damages you seek
- Transcript of what you need to say to make your case strong in court
DoNotPay Helps With Administrative and Legal Issues
Now that you know what your consumer rights for refunds are, we want you to know that DoNotPay has your back when it comes to other administrative and bureaucratic issues as well. DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer app that was honored by the ABA Brown Award for Legal Access.
Aside from helping you get refunds from any company such as Target, Amazon, and Amazon refund without return, we can assist you in getting a refund for your security deposit. If the refund doesn’t go through, DoNotPay will help you sue any person or any company in small claims court. You will have a good chance of winning your case, because we’ve already helped many people get justice with AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, CenturyLink, Equifax, and many others.
DoNotPay can tell you how to protect yourself if your landlord is harassing you or if the situation is reversed—tenant harassing landlord—and help you understand what constitutes harassment from a neighbor.
Open DoNotPay in any and see what our extraordinary app can do for you.
Your new personal virtual assistant will help you with:
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Getting justice in small claims court
- Managing bills you can't currently pay
- Getting refunds or compensations from airline companies
- Jumping the phone tree with customer services
- Ending your subscriptions or memberships
- Making robocallers go away and pay for their misdeeds
- Freeing your inbox from spam mail for good
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Handling your credit card issues
- Disputing traffic citations
- Fighting speeding citations
- Booking an appointment with the DMV
- Appealing parking tickets
- Solving the issue of stalking and harassment
- Signing up for free trials without credit card info