How to Connect With an Inmate at California State Prison, L.A. County
is located in Lancaster, California. The only state prison in Los Angeles County, it's also referred to as Lancaster State Prison, Los Angeles County State Prison, and CSP-Los Angeles County.
The CSP- LAC is a male-only facility which houses minimum and maximum security inmates.
However, the facility is also used as the Medical hub for Enhanced Outpatient (EOP) and EOP Administrative Segregation levels of Healthcare. CSP-LAC also operates the Prison Industry Authority Laundry (PIA) and a soap manufacturing facility.
In this guide, we will discuss how you can contact an inmate at the facility. DoNotPay's innovative platform can help you send a letter to an inmate more efficiently, so it won't get lost in the shuffle.
CSP-LAC contact information
is approximately 75 miles northeast of the City of Los Angeles. The fastest route by car is to travel via US-101 North and CA-14 North to Lancaster. The facility is located off Exit 44.
The Metrolink transit system connects to the Lancaster area, but not directly to the prison.
|CSP-LAC||4750 60th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93536-7620
How to contact inmates at the CSP-LAC
The CSP-LAC has strict policies in place for contacting and visiting inmates.
Any state prison inmate may receive mail. In fact, many inmates receive letters from pen pals all over the country. All incoming letters are inspected for contraband before they are forwarded to the inmate. The letters cannot exceed 10 pages at a time and cannot contain discussions about escape, criminal acts, coded messages, or maps. Inmates may also receive up to 10 photographs at a time that are no larger than 8 x 10 and do not contain nudity, hand gestures, or illegal or gang-related discussions.
When addressing the envelope, be sure you include the inmate's CDCR number next to their name. This can be obtained by searching the CDCR Inmate Locator system.
Since there are several facilities that comprise the CSP-LAC, be sure you have the correct one. The addresses are as follows for each:
- Facility A & ASU, CSP – Los Angeles County Inmate's Housing, P.O. Box 4430, Lancaster, CA 93539-4430
- Facility B, CSP – Los Angeles County Inmate's Housing, P.O. Box 4490, Lancaster, CA 93539-4490
- Facility C, CSP – Los Angeles County Inmate's Housing, P.O. Box 4610, Lancaster, CA 93539-4610
- Facility D, CSP – Los Angeles County Inmate's Housing, P.O. Box 4670, Lancaster, CA 93539-4670
- Minimum Support Facility, CSP – Los Angeles County Inmate's Housing, P.O. Box 4730, Lancaster, CA 93539-4730 * Make sure to include the inmate's name and CDCR number as well as last known housing.
Inmates are able to receive printed email messages. The mailroom staff prints and forwards the correspondence to the inmate. The cost is one stamp per age with a 5,000 character maximum. Two stamps are needed if a photograph is attached.
Most inmates are allowed access to phones and can make outgoing collect calls. Outsiders cannot reach inmates by calling them and must have the inmate initiate the call. Phone calls are limited to 15 minutes each.
How to send money to CSP-LAC inmates
There are three ways to send money to an inmate. You will need the inmate's CDCR number. Determine where the inmate is housed with the Facility Locator.
- Through electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), funds are posted to the inmate's account within 1-3 days. Send money through GTL/ConnectNetwork, JPay, or Access Corrections.
- Deposit a maximum of $999.99 into the inmate's lock box. Fill out a Money Order Deposit Form with the sender's name and address. Make the check or money order payable to JPay and mail to JPay at 2202 South Figueroa St, Box #3001, Los Angeles, CA 90007.
- Mail a check or money order to the facility. However, there is a 30-day hold on the funds. Make the check or money order payable to CDCR and include the inmate's name and CDCR number on the check.
How to send packages to a CSP-LAC inmate
Family members cannot send inmates packages. However, inmates are allowed to receive packages, like books or magazines, directly from CDCR approved vendors.
How to visit a CSP-LAC inmate
The COVID pandemic continues to impact inmate visitation schedules. The following are important facts to know before planning a visit.
- In-person visits are Friday noon-7 pm, Saturday 8:30 am-3:30 pm. Sunday is designated for video visits only.
- Check the Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System for the current status for visitations.
- In-person and video visits are by appointment only and must be scheduled online at cdcr.gtlvisitme.com eight days ahead of time.
- For in-person visits, proof of COVID vaccination or printed documentation of a negative COVID-19 test is required no more than 72 hours prior to the visit.
Difficulties you may have contacting a loved one at CSP-LAC
When attempting to contact a loved one at the CSP-LAC, you can run into several challenges.
- The collect calls from the inmate can be expensive.
- Your mail can easily get lost in the system of thousands of other letters and requires the correct inmate ID number and facility location.
- Visitation is more difficult to schedule with COVID restrictions in place.
Contact your loved one at the CSP-LAC via DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers an easy, stress-free way to contact a loved one in the prison system with an innovative Connect with an Inmate service.
- DoNotPay will walk you step-by-step through the process.
- All you need is the inmate ID or booking number, name of the prison, and the unit they are housed in.
- It is completely web-based for you to simply write your message and upload attachments.
- Even select a customized letter template including special occasion letters for holidays.
How DoNotPay can help you locate your imprisoned friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay can help you with many other everyday problems with their complete line of guides and solutions for many situations such as the following:
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Be free from spam mail forever
- Easily schedule a DMV appointment
- How to get a refund for a delayed or canceled flight
- Contest parking tickets in any city
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Jump customer service phone queues.
- Get rebates from other companies
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Get a virtual credit card anonymously
With DoNotPay's innovative platform, we help you cut through bureaucratic red tape, find you money, and resolve many common administrative issues. Rather than trudging through pages of confusing information and instructions, DoNotPay streamlines the process to make your life easier.