Get Free Trials of the Best Background Checks With a Virtual Credit Card
There are plenty of reasons why someone would want to use a background check service. Maybe you want to look up what information is available about you in records, or maybe you are an employer who wants to see the history of a candidate. There are plenty of services online that offer background check services, but can be helpful in determining if the service is right for you.
Do the Best Background Checks Offer Free Trials?
When it comes to background check services and , there is no singular answer.
- Diligent Screen Services offers a free trial of their background check service. This free trial allows a user to conduct three background checks using their service.
- Spokeo does not have a free trial. Instead, they have some services that can be used without signing up. For paid services, there is no trial, though.
- RealPeopleSearch is regarded for having thorough searches, but their detailed reports come with a price. They do not offer a free trial for their background checks.
How Can I Get a Free Trial for a Background Check Service?
As the previous section shows, free trials for background check websites vary greatly. Some companies offer clear trials, and others have some free content and some paid content. The following steps can help you find a free trial for a background check service:
- Search the background check website for a free trial option.
- Carefully read the free trial requirements for the website, and sign up.
- Check back with the website frequently to ensure that your subscription does not continue past the trial.
- If the website does not offer free trials, consider exploring if they offer any free features.
Will a Free Trial for a Background Check Automatically Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
It's a mistake that people make all the time. They sign up for a free trial account, but then they forget to cancel it after the trial ends or don't realize that it will automatically renew. The result is that they get charged without ever intending to buy the service.
If you are concerned about this happening with a background check service, it depends on the trial. Some websites automatically renew a trial into a paid subscription, and others do not. Generally speaking, if a company asks for payment information before you sign up for a free trial, you should assume that they are going to charge you once the trial ends.
Avoid Being Charged for Automatic Renewals With a DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card
How can you truly avoid getting charged for your background check free trial, then? A virtual credit card from DoNotPay can help.
Here’s how it works:
- Search Free Trial Card on DoNotPay and enter the company you want a free trial for.
- We'll automatically generate a virtual credit card that you can use for that merchant. Copy the card details shown on your screen.
- Use the card to sign up for your free trial and sit back to relax and enjoy.
Virtual credit cards connect to your actual credit cards, but they have information that is not tied to your banking information. You can put your virtual credit card information into a form when you sign up for a free trial, and then if you forget to cancel your subscription, you won't be charged. The company will attempt to charge you, but they will be unable to do so with the virtual card.
How Much Will a Background Check Service Cost After a Free Trial?
Each company has different types of subscriptions that cost different amounts. Here are a few price ranges for some of the most popular background check websites:
If a company offers monthly charges and has a free trial, users may be charged the full monthly charge after the trial period ends.
How Charges for Background Check Companies Look on a Statement
Whenever you sign up for a free trial for a background check service or other company, it is a good idea to keep an eye on your bank and credit card statements. This can show you if you have been unexpectedly charged.
When you look at your statements, look for the name of the company that you use for background checks. Also monitor the other names associated with a company, such as its parent company. This could explain names that are unfamiliar.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is versatile and has too many functions to list at once. DoNotPay can help you with almost anything, including:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Getting rid of spam text messages
If you need help with any of these issues, or if you're curious what else DoNotPay can do, today to learn more!