AbbVie Clinical Trials—What, Where, and How?
AbbVie is a research-oriented biopharmaceutical manufacturer on a mission to develop therapies addressing some of the most complex medical conditions. It operates globally, organizing studies in North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Focus of AbbVie Clinical Researches
AbbVie’s primary focus is on the core therapeutic areas where they have shown great expertise and success. Those are:
- General Medicine
How Do AbbVie Clinical Trials Work?
AbbVie clinical trials are defined as studies involving consenting human subjects to test new drugs and their effectiveness.
How do clinical trials work at AbbVie?
Before a clinical trial commences, extensive lab research aims to ensure that the novel medicine is not hazardous for humans. These preclinical trials do not involve human subjects, rather lab animals and cells, and they measure the toxicity level of the investigated drug. The drug proceeds to a clinical trial once it passes the lab tests.
Clinical trials progress in phases, each having a specific purpose:
Usually healthy (fewer than 100)
Several thousand patients
To ensure impartial trial results, AbbVie applies different methods, based on which their trials branch into:
- Placebo-controlled—one patient group receives a placebo, the other the test drug
- Blinded—patients are unaware of which treatment they are receiving (placebo or test medication)
- Randomized—patients allocated to each group by chance
What Is the AbbVie Clinical Trial Timeline?
Whichever clinical trial phase you have applied for, you will have to go through milestones making up the standard clinical trial journey at AbbVie. You can see a brief description of each in the table below.
Clinical Trial visits
Final clinical trial visit
Note that during each stage participants:
- Have access to the medical specialist
- Get updates about any changes in the consent form
- Can ask any questions during meetings with the specialist/coordinator
How To Find AbbVie Clinical Trials?
You can find AbbVie clinical trials on the company-owned website Clinical Trials and Me.
Once you have located the trial you are interested in, you will have to check the trial specifications and inclusion/exclusion criteria to see if you qualify.
In case you need further information, you can contact their team:
- Via phone: 847-283-8955
DoNotPay cuts short your clinical trial search and registration by handling everything on your behalf.
Find and Apply for AbbVie Clinical Trials With DoNotPay
Googling “clinical trials near me” can turn into a days-long process without the guarantee that you will find anything relevant. If you don’t want to spend hours browsing through AbbVie’s clinical trial database and checking what clinical trials you qualify for, you can delegate the task to DoNotPay.
The service launched a new platform enabling you to search and apply for all current and future clinical trials conducted by numerous health institutes and organizations.
Its strongest suit is the search customization, enabling you to view only the clinical trials you qualify for.
To give it a try, sign up for DoNotPay in your and follow these steps:
- Tap Clinical Trials
- Hit Get Started
- Adjust the filters
- Choose the study you like
- Click Contact
We will contact the research organization in your stead and boost your chances of enrollment. When the research personnel reviews your eligibility, they will inform you about the next course of action.
DoNotPay’s Clinical Trial Search Tool Upside
Using our search platform comes with great perks. It enables you to:
- Apply for an unlimited number of trials
- Bookmark the trials you are interested in
- Keep track of the clinical trials you have applied for
- Get text message alerts whenever a new clinical trial pops up in your area
The best part is, if yours is a paid trial, you can keep the total amount. DoNotPay won’t take a cent from you!
What Is AbbVie’s Informed Consent Form?
The informed consent form is a standard document containing all the clinical study information that a participant signs before enrollment. By signing it, participants confirm that they have all the relevant information and a clear understanding of participation implications and consequences.
The AbbVie informed consent form contains the following points:
Note that this is a good time for you to think about whether the trial is a good fit for you. You won’t have to sign the form immediately. You can take time to study it and seek a second opinion from your physician or friends and family.
Are AbbVie Clinical Trials Safe?
Prospective participants often worry whether clinical trials are safe. Since clinical trials involve certain risks, measures are in place to maximize the patients’ safety. There is a clinical trial protocol describing each step that has to get approval from the:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) or an Independent Ethics Committee (IEC)
- Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB)
These authorities make sure that the protocol follows the standard guidelines, called Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and that the trial is ethical and compliant with federal laws.
Other DoNotPay’s Tricks
Perhaps you wonder what clinical trials take place in Miami, Chicago, Dallas, or Kansas City? Or what drugs are currently in clinical trials? Learn the answers to these and many more questions with DoNotPay.
Access the service from your and see what we can help you with:
- Resolving credit card problems
- Terminating subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Contesting parking tickets
- Applying for clinical trials
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Shielding yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds or chargebacks from other companies
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement