An Array of Covance Clinical Trials To Choose From
Covance is a pharmaceutical company based in Princeton, New Jersey. It’s owned by LabCorp. Covance has a long history of shaping the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S., as it was formed in 1968. It offers a variety of services, such as:
- Preclinical studies
- Clinical trials
- Clinical labs
- Product testing for chemical protection
- Medical devices
- Technology and data
Covance has participated in developing the top 50 drugs currently on the market, as well as manufacturing 86% of rare drugs. It helps 160 million patients a year.
Covance Medical Trials—What Are They?
Covance has a website dedicated solely to clinical trials, so you can find them all in one place.
Clinical trials are designed to test certain drugs and therapy so that the pharmaceutical company can confirm they are safe and ready to manufacture. Covance has organized more than 3000 trials with over 600,000 patients involved.
What Phases of the Covance Medical Trial Are There and Which Can You Join?
There are four phases of drug testing and an initial Phase 0. Each phase is viewed as a separate study. After one comes to an end, it is up for approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and only then can researchers move on to the next phase.
Volunteer patients are involved in every stage, but the goals for each phase are different:
- Phase I—The purpose of this phase is to check the right dosage of a drug and its safety
- Phase II—Testing the drug’s efficacy is the main goal
- Phase III—During this phase, the standard drugs are compared to the tested drug by their effectiveness and side effects
- Phase IV—Long-term effectiveness is the primary goal of the last phase
If the difference between the phases piqued your interest, learn more about the intricate details by reading our article on clinical trial phases.
Who Can Sign Up for a Covance Clinical Trial?
You might think that only completely healthy and young people can be a part of clinical trials, but that’s not always the case. Covance searches for people from all walks of life, young and old, healthy and affected by certain medical issues. It all depends on the specific trial. Sometimes they look for smokers aged 45–65, other times young adults with weight problems.
There are a few requirements that are part of almost every study:
- Don’t drink alcohol 48 hours before your screening appointment
- Don’t eat for eight to 12 hours before the appointment
- Avoid exercising for a couple of days
- Come alone to protect everyone’s privacy
- Be at least 18 years old
- Don’t participate in more than one trial at a time
In case you would like to get more information, feel free to contact the Covance recruitment team by calling 866-429-3700.
Why Should I Be a Part of the Covance Clinical Trials?
People who want to contribute to clinical trials have the chance to earn some money and help develop drugs and treatments for various illnesses. Money is definitely a great incentive, all the while you’d be helping a drug become approved and distributed to patients in need.
One thing that could be worrisome is the risk, and Covance will take you through the ins and outs of the trial you want to be involved in. You’ll be made aware of all the possible risks and side effects so that you can make an informed decision.
Will I Be Paid by Covance For My Participation in Clinical Trials?
Not all clinical trials come with financial compensation, but Covance offers only paid medical research. The compensation amount depends on the study, and it usually ranges from $3,000 to $12,000.
Covance payment methods include direct deposit and check. You can discuss which option works for you before joining the study.
DoNotPay Can Help You Find Covance Clinical Trials Near You!
Now that you know a little more about medical trials, their phases and requirements, how about browsing through them? DoNotPay has the best system for a quick and effective search of clinical trials. Open DoNotPay in any :
- Select Clinical Trials
- Tap on Get Started
- Customize the filters to suit your search
- Click on the study you like
- Tap on Contact
It’s that easy! You are now matched with the medical study of your choice. Covance will contact you to continue the process.
Apply for a Covance Medical Trial on Their Website
- Go to Covance Clinical Trials and click on Find a study near you or go directly to the Browse page
- Scroll down to the filters
- Choose your gender, age, start and end date, and location
- Tap on Browse Studies
- Browse the results below
- Click on the title of the study you are interested in
- Fill in additional details if necessary
- Tap on Apply for this study now
Should you have any doubts about the medical study or have any questions, you can contact Covance:
- Fill out a form on the Covance Clinical Trials website, and they will either call you or send you an email
- Call them at 1-866-429-3700
- Send them a message on Facebook
Is There Anything Else I Should Know Before I Join a Covance Clinical Trial?
You should know that medical trials are not to be taken lightly. They are not shortcuts to easy money, so you should consider certain aspects before jumping on board.
The requirements vary from study to study, and Covance could ask for an overweight man or a woman with heart issues. Under no circumstance should you lie and say that a certain requirement applies to you if it doesn’t.
You will go through a detailed screening process, interviews, and check-ups before Covance decides if you are the right candidate. So it’s best not to waste anybody’s time with dishonest answers.
Clinical trials at Covance may last from a couple of days to a few months. If you think you are unable to attend the trial as a whole, you should not apply. Choose a study that fits your schedule and needs.
Alternatives to Covance Clinical Trials
You can apply to Covance clinical studies in Wisconsin, Florida, and . Here are some other medical trials in these states:
DoNotPay Saves You Time and Money
DoNotPay doesn’t only help with finding the best clinical trials and medical surveys — we can also be your virtual sidekick through various bureaucratic nightmares. From refunding plane tickets to canceling your DirecTV subscription, we’ve got you covered!
Give us a go by accessing DoNotPay from your . Then you can declutter your life of unnecessary nuisances such as:
- Dealing with annoying robocalls
- Suing people or companies in small claims court
- Scheduling an appointment at the DMV
- Contesting parking tickets
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Dealing with unpaid, forgotten, or lost bills
- Handling harassment and stalking problems
- Getting refunds from companies
- Receiving spam text messages
- Finding other clinical trials
- Protecting your work from copyright infringement
- Managing credit card predicaments
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting refunds and compensation for canceled or delayed flights
- Starting free trials
- Stopping spam emails
- Getting in touch with customer service on the phone