How to Connect With An Inmate At Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
There are over two million men and women incarcerated in the United States as of 2021. Sometimes the process of contacting inmates can be unclear and overwhelming. Mail to inmates can be rejected for several reasons, while phone calls and visits are often short and sometimes hard to coordinate.
The mail policies at are strict and ever-changing. In fact, as of September 2020, the Michigan Department of Corrections no longer allows mail to be delivered directly to inmates. Due to an increase in contraband and illegal items being sent by mail, Michigan prisons now photocopy any and all letters, cards, or documents and deliver the copy to inmates. Because of these new policies, mailed items are more likely than ever to be rejected or returned to the sender. This DoNotPay guide can help you understand the best ways to connect with an inmate at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility and give a helpful alternative to sending mail yourself.
About Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
is an all-women's mixed custody facility in Ypsilanti, MI. It houses every female offender in the entire state of Michigan and currently has a capacity of 2,384 inmates. General population prisoners are classified as Level I, Level II, and Level IV. There are also Acute Care and Segregation units for ill inmates and those who are deemed potentially dangerous to themselves and other prisoners.
How to Contact Inmates at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
People wishing to contact inmates at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility can visit them in person, receive phone calls from them, and send them letters.
Contacting an Inmate at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
|3201 Bemis Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
|Institution Phone Number
Phone calls from Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility must be initiated by the inmate. Phone calls cost $0.14 per minute, and there are multiple ways to set up prepaid accounts.
Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility Visiting Schedule
The full visiting schedule can be found here. Inmates at different levels are allowed different numbers of monthly visitors. They are:
- Level IV - 8 visitors per month
- Level II - 7 visitors per month, only two on weekends
- Level I - 5 visitors per month, only two on weekends
- Acute Care - 5 visitors per month, non-contact only
- Segregation - 4 visitors per month, non-contact only
Visitors to Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility must follow a specific dress code and leave prohibited items at home. Cash and coins may not be brought for inmates. However, Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility offers a loadable card dispenser that can be redeemed with cash by the visitor. Each card holds up to $25 per visitor, which inmates can use within the prison.
Contacting Inmates by Mail
If you wish to send letters, greeting cards, drawings, or any other kind of document to an inmate at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility, they must be able to be photocopied in order for the inmate to receive them. A copy is made of each document received and then distributed to inmates. The letter must include this information on the envelope as well as on any letter and other correspondence:
- The inmate's full name
- The inmate's Michigan Department of Corrections number, which can be found here if you do not know this information
The mailing address for Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility is:
Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
3201 Bemis Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
The mail rules at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility may leave you feeling concerned that the letter you wish to send to your loved one will not be received. It is possible that not following these policies exactly could result in your letter being rejected. To avoid this, DoNotPay has a Connect With An Inmate product that can help you easily and successfully contact your loved one without the struggle or frustration of trying to send a letter on your own. In a few easy steps, we can ensure your message is sent and received by the inmate without the fear of losing your letter.
DoNotPay Can Help
If you need help contacting an inmate, DoNotPay has a product that can help you. These simple steps can get you started:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPayDo?
DoNotPay offers hundreds of alternatives to doing the tedious work of everyday tasks. Our services can help you:
- Get to the front of a phone queue
- Stop spam texts
- Find unclaimed money
- Cancel subscriptions
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Get refunds on canceled flights
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Fight parking tickets
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Get compensation for robocalls
- Deal with credit card issues
- Protect your work from copyright infringement
- Get help with unpaid bills
- Protect yourself from harassment
- Get refunds and chargebacks
- Sign up for free trials
- Fight spam mail
Sign up for DoNotPay and learn more about our amazing products today.