File Complaints Against White Glove Moving Fast
Located in Bayonne, NJ, White Glove Moving Company has been in service for more than 25 years. With such a long history, there are surprisingly few reported. If you have used White Glove Moving Company and wish to file a complaint, we can tell you how it is done. Continue reading to find out when you need to file a formal complaint versus leaving a review online.
DoNotPay has some products that can help you with filing complaints and even filing lawsuits if necessary against .
Commonly Filed Moving Company Complaints
These are common issues and complaints people have when they hire a moving company like White Glove.
- Furniture lost, damaged, or broken- Sometimes a piece of furniture is more than just a piece of furniture. Many people have antiques or expensive family heirloom furniture that is irreplaceable.
- Property damage- Damage to walls, stairs, and doorways can occur when movers do not take proper care.
- Running late- We all run a little late from time to time. When movers are behind schedule, things can get complicated. Customers may be on a tight schedule for work or the delivery location may require scheduling within a delivery window. Missing the delivery window could result in rescheduling, which could take several days.
White Glove Moving Company Complaint History
The White Glove Moving Company is a BBB accredited company with an A+ rating. The BBB reports there were four complaints filed within the last year and all were resolved.
White Glove received 4.5 out of 5 stars based on more than 520 reviews posted. The most commonly reported issues were late movers and damaged furniture.
The reviews on Yelp are similar. The company gets the same 4.5 out of 5 stars with 316 reviews posted. Once again, the common complaints were movers running late and damage to furniture.
With 225 verified reviews, Angi gives White Glove 4.6 out of 5 stars. Many of the reviews listed here are 5-star ratings, except for reviews about some ruined belongings due to flooding after a hurricane.
Contacting White Glove Moving Company about a Complaint
When you have a , your first step should be to contact the moving company. You can do so by phone, in person, or by writing a letter of complaint. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the company directly, you may need to escalate the matter further.
Formal Complaint or Online Review
To file a formal complaint you will need to show that the company in some way violated the terms and conditions laid out in the contract. For complaints not related to the violated terms of the contract, you can go online and leave reviews to warn others not to use the company in the future.
Here are some other options for filing a formal complaint.
|Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)||This is the government agency in charge of regulating moving companies but they will only handle claims resulting from an interstate move.
|Division of Law and Public Safety Office of Consumer Affairs||This is the agency to contact if your move was within the state of New Jersey.
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||The BBB reports on all kinds of companies for consumer protection. The website is a popular destination for people who want to validate a company before doing business.|
DoNotPay Can Help You Sue
If you are seeking compensation for the damage to your belongings, you may have to file a claim in small claims court to recover some compensation. DoNotPay can write and send a letter of demand to the company. If you do not get a response, then DoNotPay can provide you with a claims form and assist you with the small claims court process.
How DoNotPay Handles Moving Issues
Trying to keep your cool while discussing the matter can be difficult, but attacking the customer representative verbally will not win you any favor. When you let DoNotPay handle the complaint, you can be sure that your complaint is being properly addressed and you can hopefully resolve the matter civilly without a lawsuit.
How to file a complaint against White Glove moving company using DoNotPay:
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you’d like relief.
DoNotPay will write a letter to your moving company, detailing both your complaints and your demands for compensation and relief and warn against a lawsuit if those demands aren't met. If you don't get a response within two weeks, we can help you escalate to small claims court!
You can also read the other articles in the Moving Issues product series to learn even more.
- Learn about moving company complaints.
- Find out if renters insurance covers moving damage.
- File an FMCSA complaint.
- We can show you how to sue a moving company.
Other Ways to Save with DoNotPay
There are so many products offered by DoNotPay to save you time and money that we do not have room to list them all, but these should get you started.
- Get compensated for your canceled or delayed flights.
- Contact customer service or file a complaint with any company.
- File a claim in small claims court, we will show you how.
- Looking for lost items? Check this out.