File Harrison's Moving & Storage Complaints and Get Refunded
If you have moved lately, you may have complaints with the moving company that you hired. Moving companies, on the whole, are honest, professional, and courteous. However, there are some movers that have actually been abusive and dishonest and have not cared for your belongings the way you expect them to. Complaints have been made of lost or stolen goods, inflated pricing, and unrealistic delivery times. If this has happened to you, do you know where to go or what to do to file a complaint? DoNotPay can not only help you identify the type of claim that you have, they can send a letter to the moving company or file a claim in Small Claims Court if needed.
Harrison Moving and Storage is a full service, locally owned moving company based out of Chesapeake, Virginia. For over 65 years, they have provided local, intrastate, interstate, and international moves and offer services such as:
Some have been from inflated pricing after a quote, lost items, and slow delivery. Though they are not accredited with the Better Business Bureau, they have had five complaints filed within the last three years.
Types of Complaints Against Moving Companies
Movers have access to your most valuable and personal possessions, so you want to feel assured that they are treating you and your belongings with respect and care. Moving can be stressful enough. You shouldn't have to worry about your movers honoring their quotes, delivery schedules, and care of your belongings.
The major complaints filed against moving companies usually fall within the following categories:
In addition, some moving companies have communication issues which can be really frustrating. They may not return calls, make filing claims cumbersome and confusing, and can even be disrespectful and abusive.
What Can I Do About My Harrison Moving and Storage Complaints?
If Harrison Moving and Storage, or any moving company, has violated your contract with a missing or damaged product, issues with inflated pricing after a quote, or delivery issues, you should begin by filing a complaint with the company. To file a claim with Harrison Moving and Storage:
- Check out your contract. Determine how your contract describes the liability of Harrison Moving and Storage.
- Did you purchase moving insurance? Was it offered by the moving company?
- Call Harrison Moving and Storage and tell them about your problem. Describe your evidence and provide photographs if you have them.
- Harrison Moving and Storage may offer a claim form to file. If you meet resistance or are told they are not liable, go to the next step of filing a claim outside of Harrison Moving and Storage.
Depending on the type of claim and the dollar amount involved, there are a number of ways to file claims.
- Check with your homeowner's or rental insurance companies to determine if you have coverage. Sometimes your renter's insurance will cover damage claims, even if the damages are made by the movers.
- File a claim with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration if the move was between different states.
- For local moves, file with Virginia"s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, OCA - Counseling Intake & Referral Unit using the provided form.
- If the company is giving you a hard time, you may need to take them to Small Claims Court, depending on the size of the claim.
Other Things You Can Do
There are some other steps you can take which may not result in compensation but will help you warn others of a bad experience.
- File a moving complaint with the American Trucking Associations (ATA).
- You can file with the Virginia State's Attorney General's Office
- Contact the Better Business Bureau
- Air your complaint on social media or websites that provide customer reviews
How Can DoNotPay Help?
It can be overwhelming to deal with moving claims on top of getting settled in a new home. Maybe you don't have the time to prepare all the paperwork, find where and how to send it, or just don't know how to get started. DoNotPay's new product, Moving Issues, can help you identify the type of moving claim that you need to make, contact the moving company for you, or bring a claim against the company in Small Claims court if needed. And DoNotPay makes it fast and easy to complete the process.
How to file a or any other moving company using DoNotPay:
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you’d like relief.
DoNotPay will write a letter to your moving company, detailing both your complaints and your demands for compensation and relief and warn against a lawsuit if those demands aren't met. If you don't get a response within two weeks, we can help you escalate to small claims court! Let DoNotPay help with your moving issues today!