How to File a Complaint With a Florida Moving Company and Get Compensated
Moving companies are a popular option for families relocating. Hiring a moving company is easy, convenient, and provides a quicker way to get your family and all of your belongings relocated successfully. For homeowners in Florida, you might have hired a Florida moving company for your relocation. Unfortunately, not all moving companies are created equal and you may have experienced a less than favorable service from the company and want to file a complaint.
In situations where customers have had a bad experience with a moving company, many people are unsure of what to do next or what their options are. Here at DoNotPay, we believe that you should have exceptional service for every service you pay for. Today, we're going to show you how to deal with Florida moving company complaints on your own and how DoNotPay can provide you with a hassle-free solution to file a complaint about any Florida moving company.
Reasons to File a Complaint Against a Moving Company
Are you unsure about whether you should file a complaint against a moving company? There are actually many reasons why you may need to do so. Here are a few reasons to consider.
|Lost Items||If some of your items were lost in transit, this is reason enough to file a complaint. Once your items are loaded onto the moving truck, the moving company has a responsibility to ensure that all items make it to the designated location.|
|Damaged Items||Moving companies should have a secure process to transport your items without damaging them. If you notice damage upon arrival, you could file a complaint. This is especially important because not all insurances cover this type of damage.|
|Late Delivery and/or Pick-up||When you hire a moving company, you are paying for a specific date for your items to be picked up and dropped off at your destination. If a moving company arrives late to pick up your items or delivers them late, it may be best to file a complaint.|
|Rude Movers||If you notice that your movers are exhibiting rude behavior, it's best to file a complaint.|
How to File a Complaint With a Florida Moving Company
Before doing anything else, the first thing you want to do is talk with the moving company to see if you can come to some sort of resolution. If you have not received an adequate resolution, you should move forward with filing a complaint. Here are a few options for filing a complaint.
- Moving Company's Complaint Process: Some companies have a formal process that enables you to make a complaint. If so, you should start by filing a complaint directly with the moving company first. Ensure that you have all of your documentation so your complaint can successfully be heard.
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: Consumers can file a complaint against movers and moving companies with this department by either going online at www.800helpfla.com or by phone at 1-800-HELP-FLA.
- Attorney General's Office: You can also file a complaint with the attorney general's office online at www.myfloridalegal.com. You can also call toll-free at 1-866-9-SCAM.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: If the moving company was traveling on the interstate, you can reach out to this organization to file a complaint.
- State Enforcement Agency: If you choose to go through a state enforcement agency, be sure to do the following:
- Find the agency that will apply to your particular move.
- Go to the designated website and follow the instructions to file a complaint.
- Prepare all necessary documents. This may include communication, contracts, and anything that can support your complaint.
What to Do Before Filing an Official Complaint
Filing an official complaint can take some time. Before filing a complaint there are a few things you should do.
Reviewing Your Contract
Taking a look at your contract can provide you with a lot of insight. On one hand, the contract may show a clear violation which will easily make your complaint valid and increase your chance of receiving a real solution. On the other hand, your complaint may be about something you missed in your contract, which could help you avoid wasting your time.
Gather Your Evidence Beforehand
If you're looking for a resolution to your complaint, be sure to gather evidence. This prevents the Florida moving company from dismissing your complaint and will urge them to provide a sufficient response.
Contact the Moving Company
Moving companies ultimately don't want to make a bad name for themselves. For this reason, you'll likely find that the moving company will be willing to compensate you with something due to the complaint. Doing this may offer a better solution than going through a government agency.
Successfully File a Complaint With a Florida Moving Company Using DoNotPay
Do you need help filing a complaint about a moving company in Florida? Let DoNotPay help. Whether you need to sue a company or quickly file a complaint about a service, DoNotPay can help you from start to finish. In fact, filing a complaint with us is simple. All you need to do is:
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you'd like relief.
It's that simple! Do you have a complaint with a Florida moving company? Sign up with DoNotPay to get started.