How to Connect With an Inmate in Westville Correctional Facility
Located in Westville, IN, the is home to roughly 3,100 adult males, but it has the capacity to house over 3,270. It was first opened in 1945 to house the criminally insane and mental patients from IN and AK. At the time, it was called Norman Beatty Mental Hospital.
However, in 1977, Norman Beatty Mental Hospital became Westville Correctional Facility after new legislation was passed. Over the course of two years, inmates were brought to the facility, and the mental patients left. Today, this correctional facility houses only inmates, and you can contact them via mail, phone, or in-person visits.
Contact Information for Westville Correctional Facility
is located at 1100 W in Westville, IN, and run by Warden John Galipeau. Unfortunately, there is no public transportation to the facility, so you have to drive. Here's how you can reach the facility:
|Physical Address||Westville Correctional Facility
5501 S 1100 W
Westville, IN 46391
|Website||Westville Correctional Facility - IDOC|
How to Contact an Inmate in Westville Correctional Facility
If having a prison pen pal isn't enough for you, and you're wondering what your inmate visitation rights are, here's what you need to know about contacting an inmate in :
- You can visit an inmate, but you have to wear a mask, stay six feet apart from your loved one, and limit your visit to one hour. All visits must be scheduled in advance, and you must be healthy and have a valid ID at the time of the visit.
- You can't call an inmate who is incarcerated by Indiana's Department of Corrections, but you can receive collect calls through Securus. To receive calls on a cell phone, you must set up a prepaid account. If you wish to receive phone calls on a landline, you may set up a direct billing account.
- You can send a package to an inmate if you know their Indiana Department of Corrections identification number.
- You can send money to an inmate.
How to Send Mail to Westville Correctional Facility Inmates?
If you want to send mail to a Westville Correctional Facility inmate, and you're wondering how to address a letter to an inmate, you can do so as follows:
Inmate Name, Inmate ID Number
Westville Correctional Facility
5501 S. 1100 W.
Visiting Hours at Westville Correctional Facility
Visiting hours on major holidays, including Labor Day, Christmas Day, and Good Friday, visiting hours are from 7 to 2:45; this visitation window applies to minimum security (R Dorm) inmates. These hours also apply to weekend visits.
If your loved one is a medium-security inmate, visiting hours are from 8 to 2:45 CST or CDT on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving). If an individual is not yet 18 years old, he or she must be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent. The only exception is that the adult accompanying the minor may be a member of the inmate's extended family if the minor is a family member of the inmate.
How to Send Money to an Inmate at Westville Correctional Facility
To send money to an inmate at Westville Correctional Facility, you may send up to $3,000 through Money Gram. You also may send up to $5,000 through
- Global Tel Link
- Western Union
If you want to send a money order, you may send no more than $999.99. All money orders must be made out to JPAY and sent with a lockbox deposit slip to
PO Box 260250
Hollywood, FL 33026
Remember that it usually takes one to two business days to deposit money into an inmate's account if a payment is made through GTL, Western Union, or JPAY. If you send a money order to JPAY's lockbox in Hollywood, Florida, it can take between three and four business days for funds to be applied to an inmate's account.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Writing letters to inmates isn't always an easy task. One mistake means your letter or package is not delivered. Fortunately, you can use DoNotPay to write a prisoner quickly, easily, and successfully in just five simple steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
How Else Can DoNotPay Help Me?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! We're known for helping our customers fight parking tickets and send demand letters but there are so many other services we offer. Some of our most popular services include:
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name