All About West Virginia's Prisons and Jails
If you need to connect with an inmate in West Virginia prisons or jails, you're in the right place.
This article covers four key points about connecting with your incarcerated loved one in a West Virginia jail or prison:
- How to use DoNotPay to connect with inmates in West Virginia prisons and jails
- Information about the WV corrections system, including a list of all facilities in the state
- Information about visiting an inmate in a WV jail or prison
- And some other ways you can use DoNotPay
Right away, the DoNotPay app can help you:
- Write a Prisoner: DoNotPay's write a prisoner tool allows you to compose letters online. We will handle all the printing, stationery, and shipping for you.
- Prison Pen Pals: We can get you in touch with an inmate to become Pen Pals.
- Addressing Mail: It’s vital that you address your mail properly to ensure the inmate receives your letter.
- Inmate Visitation: We know all the ins and outs of West Virginia visitation rules. If you have any problems visiting your loved one, DoNotPay can help.
Remember, DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! You can use it whenever you feel like a government organization or business is treating you unfairly. It's great for locating an imprisoned loved one or connecting with an inmate in West Virginia. Let's see how easy it is.
How to Use DoNotPay to Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Finding an inmate is easy with DoNotPay. Just follow these simple steps!
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service of DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state —in this case, WV. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically, and it usually takes about ten days for your loved one to receive it.
See how easy that is? DoNotPay makes it super easy to find a loved one who's incarcerated. You can write letters to inmates and even receive their responses through the app!
Now let's talk about the West Virginia prisons and jails system. This will help you if you ever need to connect with a WV inmate by yourself.
About the West Virginia Corrections System
According to the US Department of Justice (DOJ), WV has 11 jails and 13 state prisons. There are also private prison facilities throughout the state.
List of WV Jails and Prisons
Per the West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation, here is a list of facilities in the state:
There are also four community corrections centers in West Virginia where your inmate might be incarcerated.
West Virginia Community Correction Centers
|Anthony Correctional Center||https://dcr.wv.gov/facilities/Pages/community-corrections/acc.aspx|
|Beckley Correctional Center||https://dcr.wv.gov/facilities/Pages/community-corrections/bccj.aspx|
|Charleston Correctional Center||https://dcr.wv.gov/facilities/Pages/community-corrections/cccj.aspx|
You can contact the facilities one by one if you're unsure where your loved one is located. As you see, DoNotPay is the faster, easier and more reliable way to reach an inmate!
Visiting an Inmate in West Virginia Jail or Prison
Every correctional center in WV has its set rules regarding visitation times. Don't just show up at a jail or prison and expect to see your loved one. You'll need to contact them first, and DoNotPay can help.
Once you've established a good time to visit, follow these basic rules:
- Dress appropriately. Don't wear anything too suggestive or sexy, and don't wear "colors" associated with gangs or clubs.
- Headwear like hats, bandanas and earmuffs is usually forbidden.
- Leave expensive jewelry at home.
- Don't bring any electronics into the facility.
Expect to be searched and walked through a metal detector. Phones must be left in your car. Leave any weapons at home, even if you are legally allowed to carry them!
Now that you have all the tools you need to find an inmate in a West Virginia prison or jail, let's think about a few more tasks you can manage with DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
The legal system is vast, bureaucratic and full of red tape. It's good to have an attorney on your side, and DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer. It's like having a lawyer in the family!
Use it for:
- Dealing with credit card companies
- Canceling subscriptions / club memberships
- Jumping the phone queue during customer service calls
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Getting refunds for canceled flights
- Fighting unfair parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Stopping spam mail forever
- Finding unclaimed funds in your name
- And so much more!
Just because you're not a lawyer doesn't mean big companies can treat you poorly. Try DoNotPay today!