How to Connect With a Loved One at West Tennessee State Penitentiary
West Tennessee State Penitentiary (WTSP) is a prison operated by the Tennessee Department of Correction, and is located in Lauderdale County, Tennessee. It manages adult male offenders who are classified as maximum, medium or minimum custody. The facility offers a variety of educational and vocational programs. If you have a loved one who is incarcerated at and you need assistance with getting in touch with them, DoNotPay is here to help!
West Tennessee State Penitentiary Location and Contact Information
The West Tennessee State Penitentiary is located near Henning, Tennessee, in an unincorporated area of Lauderdale County. To contact authorities about visitation hours, visitation policies, mail and package policies, or other questions, use the following information:
|Address||West Tennessee State Penitentiary
480 Green Chapel Road
P.O. Box 1150
Henning, Tennessee 38041-1150
NOTE: Use P.O. Box 1150 for inmate correspondence.
|Phone Number||(731) 738-5044|
How to Visit an Inmate at West Tennessee State Penitentiary
Visiting an inmate at West Tennessee State Penitentiary requires advanced planning.
- Visitors must be on the offender's approved visitor list.
- You can find the appropriate forms and visitation policies on the State Prison Visitation Page.
- You must schedule an appointment ahead of time by
- Call (731)738-1594
- Call Monday - Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm to schedule a 2-hour visit
- Inmates may have up to four visitors at a time. This recent change allows children of any age to visit.
- Verify that you do not have contraband or prohibited items on your person or in your vehicle.
- Follow all visitor policies so that you are not denied entry and so that you do not cause trouble for your loved one.
How to Send Mail to an Inmate at West Tennessee State Penitentiary
Sending packages and writing letters to an inmate is allowed, but you must follow the appropriate steps and verify that you are following the guidelines on mail content. The Tennessee Department of Correction outlines how to address mail to inmates.
- Verify that you have your loved one's TOMIS ID number and name of the prison
- FOIL - Inmate Search. You will need their name and possibly a date of birth, if it is a common name.
- Write down their TOMIS ID number -- click on "location" to get the name of the prison
- Go to the State Prisons List to verify the correct address for the prison.
- Address inmate mail with the following:
- Inmate's committed name
- TOMIS identification number
- Correct institutional address
- Note: aliases may be included if legally changed by the court
- Include your return name and address
Example of a properly addressed letter to an inmate:
Offender Name/TOMIS ID Number
Name of Prison
Address of Prison
The Difficulty of Connecting with an Inmate at West Tenn. State Prison On Your Own
It can be overwhelming when a loved one ends up incarcerated, and unfortunately, it can also be overwhelming to visit or write to them, for a number of reasons.
|Denied Access||You are unable to get on the approved Visitor's List|
|Limited Visitation||Visitation schedules can be very limiting, depending on your work schedules or other commitments.|
|Distance||You may live too far away from where they are incarcerated to visit regularly.|
|Denied Visitors||Your loved one may not be allowed to have visitors.|
|Confusing Policies||The visitation or correspondence policy is confusing.|
If you are looking for a less complicated way to quickly reach out to your loved one, DoNotPay has an easy solution.
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect with a Loved One at West Tennessee State Penitentiary
DoNotPay understands that it is difficult to have a loved one incarcerated, and that is why we want to help you connect with them.
If you have a friend or family member located at and want to write to them but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has a solution:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you get in touch with loved ones at , or connect with an inmate anywhere across the country, but we can also do so much more, including:
- handling credit card issues
- disputing parking tickets
- scheduling DMV appointments
- protecting yourself from stalking/harassment
- negotiating bills
- Obtaining a refund for delayed or canceled flights
- and more!
No matter what problems or concerns you are facing, DoNotPay has solutions!