How to Stay in Touch With Inmates at Wasco State Prison
Wasco State Prison in Wasco, California, houses over 5,000 inmates when it's at maximum capacity. Wasco serves as a reception and intake center for those who are getting ready to be sent to more permanent locations in the future. If you're hoping to keep in touch with a loved one or prison pen pal while they're housed at Wasco, then you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought of figuring out how to get connected.
Wasco State Prison: Important Details and Basic Contact Information
Learning a bit about Wasco State Prison will make it easier for you to navigate the system.
Wasco serves as an intake center for other facilities in the California system.
The reception process can take anywhere from a week to 90 days depending on many factors. Inmates are evaluated mentally, and physically and a complete criminal and family history is taken. From this evaluation, the security requirements of the inmates are determined as well as any programs the inmate may require, or benefit from participating in. Based upon all the information the staff gathers, and the needs of the inmate they will then be assigned a permanent facility. (Prison Pro).
Though inmates are typically only at Wasco for a short time, they still need your love and support. So figuring out how to contact them effectively is key.
|Physical Address||701 Scofield Avenue, PO Box 7700, Wasco, CA, 93280-8800|
|Institutional Address||701 Scofield Avenue, P.O. Box 8800, Wasco, CA 93280|
Mail for Inmates: Address the envelope with the inmate's full legal name and CDCR number as well as last known housing:
- Facility A, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 4400, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility B, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 5500, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility C, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 6600, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility D, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 7700, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility E, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 3300, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility H, 701 Scofield Ave., P.O. Box 9900, Wasco, CA 93280
Staying in Touch With Inmates at Wasco State Prison
In addition to sending mail, you have a variety of other ways that you can stay in touch with inmates at Wasco.
You can follow visitation guidelines to:
- plan an in-person visit
- send money or e-messages through GTL, JPay, or Keefe
- or receive phone calls from them through the GTL system
Inmates must have money to place a call. Rates vary between $.0.096/minute for local prepaid calls to $0.135/minute for collect calls. Calls are monitored. (Inmate 101)
Before you can take advantage of any of those options, however, you'll need to establish initial contact.
Getting in Touch With Your Loved Ones at Wasco via DoNotPay
Getting in touch with prisoners at Wasco doesn't need to be some huge, stressful chore. Especially not with DoNotPay’s easy-to-use "Connect with an Inmate" feature.
With an inmate's full legal name, ID or booking number, the name of the prison (in this case, Wasco), and housing unit, you can use DoNotPay to initiate and maintain contact through letters, approved packages, phone calls, visits, and more.
If you're missing some of that information, however, we can still help.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
With that done, we'll be on the case.
DoNotPay Helps You Keep Ahead of Your To-Do List
Connecting with inmates at Wasco State Prison is one thing. Keeping on top of your entire to-do list is another. Fortunately, with DoNotPay's simple-to-use products and services, checking off daily tasks has never been easier.
DoNotPay can help you with any of the following:
- Dealing with unpaid bills
- Protecting yourself when being stalked or harassed
- Signing up for free trials without risk
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail
- Stopping text spam on your phone
- Protecting creative work from copyright infringement
- Dealing with tricky credit card situations
- Seeking revenge on robocalls
- Getting refunds for a delayed or canceled flight
- Finding all unclaimed funds that may be under your name
DoNotPay can help with these and so much more. Come learn about all our amazing products.