How to Obtain a Volusia County Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
A marriage certificate is a legal way of proving that you got married. Marriage certificates come in handy on various occasions, including filing taxes, legally changing your name to your partner’s name, property succession, etc. It’s easy to misplace a marriage certificate, especially if the wedding took place years ago. If you can’t find your or want a copy on someone else’s behalf, DoNotPay can help you request one.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
Before you get married, you need to apply for and obtain a marriage license. The license essentially informs the government that you intend to get married on a specific day. It gives you the go-ahead to exchange your nuptials with your significant other.
On the other hand, a is a document that the state issues once you’ve signed the marriage license. This certificate proves that you and your spouse indeed got married and is a binding document.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Volusia?
The following people can get a copy of a Volusia County marriage certificate:
- The married couple
- The parents of the married couple
- The children of the couple
- An authorized representative of the couple
The county stipulates that only the couple can apply to get a certified copy unless the court mandates another party to apply for it.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Volusia County?
A Volusia County marriage certificate costs $61 to apply. The cost covers preparation, oath administration, recording, and getting a certified copy. Any additional copies cost $3 per copy. It’s always best to use the bundling technique to get at least three copies of your certificate. This will help you save money and time returning to the clerk’s office.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Volusia County?
Once the county validates your payment, you will receive your Volusia County marriage within two business days.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a City of a Marriage Certificate in Volusia County?
Always carry a copy of your identification as well as your partners to get a copy of your Volusia County marriage certificate. A valid identification copy is a state ID, passport, or driver’s license.
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Volusia on Your Own?
There are three ways to obtain a copy of your Volusia County marriage certificate:
|You can request a copy of your certificate online through VitalChek®. Since this vendor is a third-party service, the fees might be a bit higher.
|You can send in your request for a copy of the certificate by post.
|Visit the registrar’s office in person to pay for the document. The county accepts debit and credit cards, checks, and cash payments. It’s always advisable to call the clerk’s office first before visiting to inquire if they are open or have reached your license.
Get a Marriage Certificate in Volusia County Quickly With The Help of DoNotPay
Requesting a copy of your Volusia County marriage certificate on your own can be very stressful. There are long forms to be filled out, and you have to keep track of all the steps. Luckily DoNotPay has a Certificates of Marriage feature that eases the whole process to ensure you save time and money. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across the Board
Assisting our clients to get their Volusia County marriage records isn’t our only forte in the marriage certificate field. We can also help you:
- Apply for a marriage certificate online
- Fill out a marriage certificate
- Ascertain the documents you need to get a marriage certificate
- Get your marriage certificate online
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay’s services extend beyond getting copies of Volusia County marriage certificates for our clients. With DoNotPay, our clients can:
- Get free raffle tickets
- Fill out a child travel consent form
- Get chargebacks and refunds from various services
Sign up for DoNotPay today to get started.