Transfer Starwood Points to Marriott: How to Capitalize on All of Your Duly Earned Points
Traveling is exciting, and it is made all the better when you can transfer Starwood points to Marriott. Sometimes you just need to get into a Marriott hotel even if you have been earning points at Starwood resorts up until now. There is nothing wrong with having to make this exchange. People do it all the time, but you will need to know how to make it happen, and how to save yourself some time getting this resolved. The good people at DoNotPay have taken a look at these hotel point transfer services, and they have figured out what needs to be done to get this resolved for you as easily as possible.
How Do Marriott Points Work?
The Marriott Rewards Points system is designed to reward loyal visitors who spend their time and money at Marriott properties. It is pretty similar to any other type of rewards program out there in the sense that those who spend money with a particular company receive something in return from that company. In this case, the Marriott system is pretty simple. You get 10 Marriott Rewards points for every one dollar (US) spent at one of their properties. They have a variety of properties, and a variety of hotels that they have partnered with, so you can earn points at any of the following:
- Four Points
- The Ritz-Carlton
- W Hotels
- Gaylord Hotels
- JW Marriott
- Springhill Suites
There are many others on the list that qualify as well. In most cases, these are hotels that are under the Marriott umbrella of properties even if they go by a different name. That said, Starwood hotels are not included on the list, and that is why you may want to transfer Starwood points to Marriott.
How to Transfer Starwood Points on Your Own
You may decide to attempt to transfer your Starwood points over to your Marriott account on your own. There are procedures set up to allow you to do so, but be warned, you need to pay extra close attention to what you are agreeing to before you click submit. You do not want to lose any of your points in the transfer. If you decide to attempt this on your own, you will need to do the following:
- Log on to your Starwood account online (set one up if you don't already have one)
- Navigate to "Redeem Starpoints"
- Click "More Options"
- Select "Transfer Starpoints to Marriott"
- Check your Marriott account to ensure the transfer went through (create a Marriott account if you don't have one)
It is possible to do this work on your own, but you might have to invest some time to make it happen. If you don't already have Marriott and Starwood accounts, then you are looking at needing to get those created, and then you will want to make sure you read through all of the terms of your transfer before selecting it. The worst thing would be to lose points that you rightfully earned in the transfer process. Perhaps you should instead use DoNotPay to make this process a bit smoother.
Here is comparison of the value of Starwood points and Marriott points:
|Point Value (in dollars)||$0.024||$0.009|
Using DoNotPay to Do Your Points Transfer
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Can You Trust DoNotPay?
There is only good news when it comes to what DoNotPay does and why you can trust them. You should know the following about them:
- They work across all hotel chains to transfer points for customers.
- They specialize in helping people deal with any of life's chores that involve paperwork.
- They have helped thousands of happy customers get the assistance they require.
- They have picked up a great reputation for getting the job done quickly.
- They are a neutral third party that is only interested in helping you get these tasks accomplished.
The overarching goal for DoNotPay is always to please their latest users. They want people to leave a transaction with them knowing that they have been dealt with in an honorable and decent way. You can trust DoNotPay because so many before you have also put their trust in them. If you give them your business, they will happily work to earn more of it down the road. Don't let your points go to waste on your next trip, get them transferred over today!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotpay can also help you with the following:
|Transfer Southwest points||Transfer Chase points||Transfer Marriott points||Transfer AA miles||Transfer United miles|
|Transfer Hilton points||Sell airline mileage||Sell Delta SkyMiles||Sell Marriott points||Sell United miles|
And many more!