How to Transfer Points to Marriott Easily
Various credit card companies, airlines, and hotels work together to offer special rewards systems and points that you can use for purchases. Many of the purchases you make with the associated credit cards help accumulate points or miles that you can then redeem for travel. It's wise to from other companies so you can gain access to the many ways to spend.
When your transfer is seeming hard to handle, let DoNotPay help. Our Convert Points and Miles product allows for faster conversion so you can use what you have promptly.
How Marriott Points Work
When you have in your account, you can use them to:
- Book a night at a free hotel
- Book a flight
- Rent a car
- Take money off your cruise price
- Pay for special experiences, such as a retreat, class, five-star restaurant, or VIP tickets to shows
Here are a few Marriott airline partners. You can use your Marriott points to book flights with these airlines, just to name a few:
|Marriott Transfer Partner||Min Transfer||Transfer Ratio (Marriott > Partner)||Bonus Airline Miles
for every 60k Marriott Points Transferred
|Transfer Time (based on pre-merger reports)|
|Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan||3,000||3:1||5,000||4 Days|
|American Airlines AAdvantage||3,000||3:1||5,000||2 Days|
|Delta Air Lines SkyMiles||3,000||3:1||5,000||1 Day|
|JetBlue TrueBlue||3,000||6:1||2,500||1 Day|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||3,000||3:1||5,000||1 Day|
|United MileagePlus||3,000||3:1.1||5,500||3 Days|
You typically have to have a Marriott Bonvoy card in order to earn these points. Both Chase and American Express offer two card options.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card - Earn 1 free night each year, earn 6 points on every $1 spent at hotels
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card - Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at hotels
American Express Cards
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card - $450 annual fee, earn 6 points on every $1 spent at hotels
- Marriott Bonvoy Business Card - $125 annual fee, earn 6 points on every $1 spent at hotels
It's also possible to purchase Marriott points yourself. You're only able to purchase up to 100,000 points in any given year, though.
How to Transfer Points to Marriott
You can transfer points from at least three other businesses to use for Marriott rewards.
- American Express Rewards - Must transfer in 1,000 pint increments
- Chase Ultimate Rewards - Must transfer in 1,000 point increments
- United Airlines Mileage Plus - Can convert up to 50,000 miles each year
For each one, you'll want to start by signing into the account you have with that particular company. Navigate to your rewards section and select to make a transfer. You may be required to link the account with a Marriott Bonvoy account first before you can do so.
Each of these companies offers a 1:1 ratio. This means when you transfer 1 point or mile from any of them, it will result in 1 point with Marriott.
You're able to either transfer points to yourself or to another person. For example, you could use your points to transfer to your spouse's account so you both have the rewards you need for your travel plans.
If you would prefer to get help transferring points, you can always call the customer service number on the back of your card and ask to speak with someone about the process. They will walk you through it.
Why You Should Make a Transfer
The point of making a transfer is because Marriott has numerous benefits. You may only be able to use your miles for flights or points from other cards on basic travel expenses. Marriott points help you save on many different types of events and activities.
Transferring Points to Marriott With DoNotPay
Let DoNotPay make the process of transferring points to Marriott easier. You won't have to wait on hold with anyone, and you won't have to navigate through a maze of options on the company's website. It just takes 3 steps!
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash. In this instance, you'd be looking to transfer.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Once you've made the selection to transfer your points from a qualifying company to Marriott, DoNotPay will go to work getting the points transferred over so you're all set to use them as soon as possible.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay to Make My Transfer?
DoNotPay always strives to be fast, convenient, and successful. Why wait on the phone or attempt to navigate through complicated websites in order to find what you need?
Use DoNotPay and we'll have your points set to transfer in minutes. It just takes a few responses from you and we can get the process started fast.
DoNotPay Helps With Multiple Point Transfers
Selling and transferring Marriott points is just one thing DoNotPay can help you complete. We work across all airlines, hotels, and rewards points systems to ensure easy selling and transferring between accounts or businesses. We'll help you whether you're looking to:
|American Airlines||Southwest||Other Airlines|
Can I Use DoNotPay for Anything Else?
DoNotPay does more than help you or sell airline miles. We handle numerous services on any given day, and help you get results faster. A few examples include:
- Reducing your property taxes
- Standardizing legal documents
- Obtaining tourist visas
- Instructing you on airline flight compensation hacks
- Addressing child travel consent forms
- Suing someone in small claims court