How to Transfer Chase Points to American Airlines
Most companies have a form of customer loyalty program that inspires customer loyalty and increases revenue. 84% of consumers report that they are more likely to stay loyal to a brand with a loyalty program. Points programs allow customers to earn rewards. The customers can also to redeem different perks.
How Points Work
Points and miles are a form of that you earn each time you purchase an item on a rewards credit card or take a trip. You can later use these points and miles for free travel. The hotel, airline, and credit card industries lie closely entwined.
In simple terms, you can:
- Use airline miles to get airline tickets. If you have United Miles, you can use them to fly with Unite and its partners.
- Use hotel points for accommodation: If you have Marriott points, you can use them to sleep for free in the various hotel brands under Marriott.
- Use credit card points to travel: This depends on your credit card issuer. However, most credit card issuers allow some form of point redemption through an online portal.
Typically, you can pay for your hotel stay or flights via your points. You can swipe your card and redeem miles and points to exclude the purchase from your monthly statement.
American Express and Chase provide their customers with Marriott Bonvoy credit cards, and whichever card you choose, they give you free Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Receive 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $3,000, and earn $150 in statement credit on purchases made on the new card within the first three months.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Receive 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first three months. That counts as $750 when redeemed via the Chase Ultimate Rewards.
You also receive benefits like $50 yearly Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 3X on dining, 5x on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards, etc.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
Earn a 100,000 bonus when you spend $15,000 on purchases in the initial three months after account opening.
Receive 3 points for every $1 on the first $150,000 spent on a combination of travel, purchases, internet, phone, cable services, etc. Per dollar spent on other purchases, earn $1, with no earning limit
Where Can I Transfer Chase Points?
The Marriott Bonvoy rewards program is one of the most transferable globally, with over forty airline transfer partners. Chase and American Express offer Marriott Bonvoy credit cards. You can transfer to any of the airlines that partner with Marriott.
- Select which program you want to transfer points
- Enter your frequent flier number and number of points to convert
- Click Continue
American Airlines is not a Chase transfer partner, which means you cannot move Chase points to the AAdvantage frequent flier program. However, you can use your Chase Sapphire Preferred card to book an American Airlines flight directly via the Chase travel portal. In this case, your points are worth more by 25% when redeemed for travel, so you receive 1.25 cents in flight value.
Although AA is not a Chase transfer partner, Chase does have many other transfer partners. Reference the table below for some other options:
|Transfer Partners||Ratio||Transfer Increment||Timing|
|Aer Lingus AerClub||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|Air France-KLM Flying Blue||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|British Airways Executive Club||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||1:1||1,000||About Two Business Days|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|IHG Rewards Club||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
|Marriott Bonvoy||1:1||1,000||About One Business Day|
|World of Hyatt||1:1||1,000||Immediate|
Credit card companies allow you to trade your credit card points for cash. They also allow you to apply the amount to your credit balance.
However, most value the points at 0.5 cents per point. It's the main reason third-party vendors get involved. Multiple services offer quotes and buy hotel or credit card points at higher rates.
Finding out the best rates means you have to scour the internet, which is time-consuming. Using an AI-powered legal assistant like DoNotPay allows you to get excellent rates without any hassles.
How Can DoNotPay Help?
When you have many airline, hotel, or credit card points, DoNotPay will guide you in choosing the best options.
The best option depends on your rewards program and how much each point is worth. As a Marriott Rewards program member, you can transfer your Chase and American Express points to airlines for the best-discounted rates.
If you intend to sell your points, DoNotPay will assist you in finding the best deals via third-party vendors. We also help you to check your points balance automatically.
How to Get Started
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Why Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay solves your problems:
- Fast - We help you find the best rates faster than manually searching.
- Easily -All you need to do is follow a few simple steps, and DoNotPay will automatically find you the best deal.
- Conveniently - You save a lot of back-and-forth time on the internet trying to compare rates.
DoNotPay Works with All Companies and Groups
DoNotPay can help you find the best conversion deals for your miles and points, no matter what company or loyalty rewards program you're working with.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help
DoNotPay can help you with more than rewards points transfers. Here are some issues we can help resolve:
- Fight Workplace Discrimination
- Free Raffle Tickets
- Child Travel Consent Form
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Stalking and Harassment
- Sue Anyone In A Small Claims Court
- Divorce Settlement Agreement
DoNotPay exists to solve all your problems. Try it today and see how easy it is to use. It cuts through bureaucracy and red tape and solves your issues in no time.