How to Transfer AmEx Points to United Airlines
American Express Airline offers loyalty points to its customers. You can redeem these points to get free tickets. Alternatively, you might want to use the points on a different airline.
Transferring your AmEx points to United Airlines is next to impossible as the system does not support direct transfer. Use DoNotPay to successfully within minutes of application.
How Do I Earn American Express Points?
You earn American Express points by making purchases through AmEx credit cards. The you earn depends on your American Express card type.
Generally, you will get one point for every Euro/Dollar you spend. Some cards give you more points for spending at particular locations or the number of purchases made on that card within a particular billing period.
Here is a breakdown of the relationship between different cards and the Amex Membership Rewards system:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express earns 100,000 on every $6,000 spent.
- American Express® Gold Card points on every $4,000.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is 120,000 for every $15,000.
How to Transfer AmEx Points to United on Your Own
It is impossible to transfer AmEx points to United, but you can redeem your AmEx points at United. You can book your United Airlines ticket through the Amex Travel portal. Follow these steps to book your United ticket through the AmEx portal:
- Log in to your American Express account
- On your account's dashboard page, click "Menu" in the top left corner
- Select "Travel" to access more options
- Hover over the "Book" button at the top of the page to access a floating menu
- Select 'International Air Program'
You have access to two payment options, "Use Only Points" or "Use Points + Card". Choose the one applicable to you. All the charges will be deducted from your linked credit card.
You'll get better deals if you decide to redeem your points through any of the United partners.
The American Express Membership Rewards program has partnered with three air transfer companies working with United Airlines. You can therefore book United Airlines flights through any of the following partners:
- Ana Mileage Club
- Avianca Lifemiles
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
- Air Canada Aeroplan
Booking United Flights with ANA Mileage Club
You can only use AmEx points with ANA if you plan a round-trip. ANA does not allow one-way trips on reward tickets. Here is how to book a United flight through ANA:
- Log in to the ANA website
- Enter your travel information
- Choose a United Airlines operated (or any other) flight
Booking United Flights with Air Canada Aeroplan
Air Canada Aeroplan gives you one stopover on an award ticket in each direction of your trip. If you are flying a round-trip, you will get two stopovers on one ticket.
Air Canada Aeroplan charges these reward stop-overs depending on the distance you fly and the geographical zones you visit. To book these stopovers, you have to call Aeroplan at 1 866 529-2079 and relay information about your speculated trips to the call representative.
Here is how to book a United with Air Canada Miles:
- Log into Air Canada Aeroplan
- Click the 'Aeroplan' tab in the top menu and select 'Redeem points'
- Click 'Redeem now'
- Select your location
- Ensure that your payment method is 'Points' instead of 'CA $'
- United Airlines flights you want and select them
Booking United Flights with Singapore Airlines' Krisflyer
Singapore Airlines charges similar prices for domestic flights as United Airlines. To book your United Airlines flight through Singapore Airlines' Krisflyer, follow this procedure:
- Sign in to your Singapore Airlines account
- Click "Redeem miles"
- Select "Redeem flights"
- Choose "Star Alliance" awards
- Choose your United flight
Booking United Flights with Avianca Lifemiles
Avianca is known to have highly affordable prices, making it one of the best options to redeem your loyalty miles. Here is how to book your United flights with Avianca:
- Sign in to the LifeMiles website
- Search for your intended flight details
- Choose your United flights
Alternatively, you might decide to transfer your AmEx points to any of the United Partners and redeem them. To transfer your AmEx points, follow this procedure:
- Log in to your AmEx account
- Maneuver to Air Transfer Partners
- Select 'Product'
- Select 'Avianca/Singapore Airlines' Krisflyer/Ana Mileage Club '
- Input the details are prompted
To transfer AmEx points to Air Canada miles:
- Log Into Your AmEx Account
- Go to 'Transfer Page'
- Click on the drop-down menu on your left-hand side and select 'Transfer Points', then click 'Go'
- On the next page, select 'Aeroplan'
- Link your AmEx Membership Rewards account to your Air Canada Aeroplan account by providing information as prompted
Once your AmEx Membership Rewards account is linked to your Air Canada Aeroplan account, you can successfully transfer your loyalty points at a 1:1 ratio.
If you choose not to transfer your Amex points, you may be wondering about the cash value. Here is a table explaining that:
|Point Value (in dollars)||0.5 - 1 cent per point|
How to Transfer AmEx Points to United With the Help of DoNotPay
There is no direct way to transfer your AmEx points to United Airlines. Redeeming your AmEx points through United partners might make your point lose value. To successfully transfer your AmEx points to United without hassle or losing value, use DoNotPay.
DoNotPay helps you transfer your loyalty points, from any company to your desired account. Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
It's not just the transfer of Amex points to United that DoNotPay can help you with. It can assist you in transferring or selling miles and points with many different entities or companies. For instance:
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer AmEx Points to United
DoNotPay helps you easily, faster, and conveniently without losing the value of your points. We work with private companies to make complicated processes simple for you. Sign up today and enjoy the following services and more:
- Cancel any service subscription
- Access clinical trials near you
- Cancel timeshares
- Renew your car registration
- Get waivers on your college fees