How DoNotPay Can Help Transfer Amex Points to SPG
American Express or Amex cards may be prepaid, charge (balance must be paid off every 30 days), or credit cards. Not all cards accrue points, but for those that do, you can transfer the Membership Rewards Points to three hotel chains, including the now-extinct Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program for Sheraton properties.
In 2016, Marriott acquired the Starwood brand and merged the SPG program with their loyalty program, which has been rebranded as Bonvoy. American Express cards such as Amex Platinum or Gold have transferable points that can be converted into Marriott's Bonvoy loyalty program points. However, the two programs must be tied for the points to transfer.
DoNotPay's online service can help you move your .
How Do Amex Points Work?
Membership Reward points are available on select Amex cards, provided the cardholder has linked the Amex card to a account. Once linked, cardholders earn a point for every dollar or Euro spent. Some purchases may earn more points depending on the card and the type of purchase.
How to Transfer Amex Points
The first step is to have a Marriott Bonvoy membership number. If you do not have an account, use the following steps to create a free account.
Create a Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account
- Go to the Marriott website.
- Select About Marriott Bonvoy.
- Select Join.
- Complete the form.
- Select Join.
- Copy your membership number.
The membership number is required to transfer Amex points.
Once you have a Bonvoy membership number, go to the American Express website and log in.
- Select the card from the account summary page.
- Select the View and Redeem Points option.
- Hover over Travel on the top menu to display the dropdown menu.
- Select Frequent Traveler Participants or Membership Rewards.
- Select Marriott Bonvoy.
- Enter Membership number.
- Enter points to transfer.
Points will transfer to Marriott's Bonvoy program.
Before you exit, make sure the points are transferred to your Bonvoy membership account. If the points have not transferred, go back to the Amex site and see if your reward points reflect the transfer. If they don't, you can attempt to make the transfer again.
If the points are taken from your Amex account but do not appear on your Bonvoy membership, you will need to contact Amex customer support for assistance. If they cannot help, you will need to contact Marriott's customer support. Or, you could let DoNotPay convert the points for you.
In case you are curious, here is a table comparing Amex points and SPG points to to other Amex partners:
|Partner||Amex Membership Reward Points||Partner Points||Minimum Transfer|
|Delta Skymiles||1||1 Skymile||1000 points|
|Asia Miles||1||1 Asia Mile||1000 points|
|British Airways||1||1 Avios||1000 points|
|Emirates Skywards||1||1 Skywards Mile||1000 points|
|Radisson Rewards||1||3 points||3 points|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2||3 Marriott Points||400 points|
|Hilton Honors||1||2 Hilton Honors Points||200 points|
|Choice Hotels||1||1 Choice Point||1000 points|
|Starwood Preferred Guest||1||.5 SPG Points||1000 points|
How DoNotPay Can Help Transfer Amex Points to Bonvoy Account
If you don't want to spend time going from website to website, DoNotPay can get you started using the following three steps.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Since Amex does restrict how points can be used for air travel, moving the points to Marriott's loyalty program provides more options for air travel or hotel stays. DoNotPay can check point balances, make transfers, or look for the best deals if you want to sell your Amex points.
DoNotPay Can Do More
DoNotPay's online service works across all rewards programs. We are not limited to a few companies or organizations. We can help transfer points from businesses such as:
If you're interested in selling points or miles, DoNotPay can help with that, too. We can look for the best deals on points for different companies, including:
Why Use DoNotPay
You want to get the most out of loyalty programs, but you also have more important things to do. Who wants to sit at a computer when they could be enjoying time with family or friends? That's why DoNotPay exists.
We know how valuable your time is. Our online service is designed to be:
- Fast. You can check balances and transfer miles to get the most miles in one place from anywhere there's an internet connection. No bouncing from site to site to move points or add miles. Just fill in the form for any program.
- Simple. It takes three steps to consolidate points to purchase air travel or hotel stays. With your membership numbers in hand, you can move miles or points from the comfort of your home. DoNotPay's online services will do the rest.
- Reliable. DoNotPay's online services continue to process your request until the job is done. You never have to worry that the process will stop midway. Our service is designed to make sure that you get a response as quickly as possible.
DoNotPay is ready to help you turn points into cash or a discounted flight. today!