How to Successfully Transfer AmEx Points to Southwest
Do you have a membership with AmEx and would love to transfer your points to Southwest Airlines? Points can be a great way to earn rewards and save money on other purchases. The good news is that many places offer points that are transferable. Unfortunately, many people don't know much about point systems and what they're able to do with the points they've accumulated.
At DoNotPay, we want to help you save as much money as possible and maximize your programs. This article will show you how to successfully on your own and why using DoNotPay will offer the easiest and quickest way to get your available points transferred for your next airline experience.
Earning AmEx Points
AmEx, also known as American Express, offers credit cards, gift cards, travel, personal services, and more. If you have an American Express card, you can earn through their Membership Rewards Program. Points are earned through eligible charges made with your American Express card that's linked to your membership rewards program.
What Is the AmEx Membership Rewards Program?
The American Express Membership Rewards Program allows members to earn points for their everyday purchases made. As members earn points, they can redeem them to use towards other things, such as:
- Gift cards
- Travel rewards
- Cover credit card charges
What's even better is that AmEx points don't expire, which means you can allow your points to pile up and use them at your convenience.
How Many Points Can I Earn?
Earning AmEx points is essentially easy and flexible for members. However, how many points you can earn will depend on the type of American Express card you have. In general, members will earn one point for every dollar that's spent. But certain cards will enable members to earn more when spending at certain locations or when making a number of purchases within the billing month.
Here is the general cash value per Amex point earned:
|Point Value (in dollars)||0.5 - 1 cent per point|
Where Can I Transfer AmEx Points?
American Express has a variety of transfer partners that enable members to collect and transfer points to use them at their partner's locations. If you're interested in transferring your AmEx points, you'll be glad to know that you can use your points with 17 airlines and 3 hotels.
Here are 3 popular partners you will find on the AmEx portal.
- Delta Skymiles: Delta airlines is one of the few domestic airlines that you will find on the AmEx partner list. Transfer time may take up to 48 hours to complete.
- British Airways Executive Club: This is one of the most common AmEx transfers. Once transferred, your points can be used as currency for all Oneworld carriers. Transfer time is typically instant.
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club: You can transfer your AmEx points to your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account. Those points can then be used for flights operated by Virgin Atlantic and its partners. Transfer time may take up to 24 hours.
How to Transfer AmEx Points to Southwest Airlines on Your Own
If you have an AmEx membership and want to transfer your points, there are a variety of options for you to choose from. But if you're looking to membership, you've probably found that Southwest isn't on American Express' list of transfer partners.
Luckily, you can still transfer points to Southwest outside the portal. Here are two methods you can try.
Call AmEx Directly
The first method you can try is calling Amx directly at 800-297-2977 to book a flight with Southwest and use your points. The customer service representative may be able to apply your points for your booking. Keep in mind that it's likely AmEx customer service representatives won't see the same fares listed on Southwest's website, which means there is a good chance you won't get access to the lowest fares.
Book Southwest Using AmEx Card
The second method, which may be more effective, is to book directly through Southwest's website using a qualified AmEx credit card. Once the purchase is posted to your credit card, you will need to call AmEx Travel and request to pay with your AmEx points. Before attempting this method, it's a good idea to speak with an AmEx customer service rep to confirm.
How to Easily Transfer Points With DoNotPay
Do you need a quick and easy way to transfer AmEx points to Southwest? Let DoNotPay get the job done for you. Transferring points isn't always a simple process, especially if you're trying to transfer to a company that isn't listed as a partner.
DoNotPay can take out the guesswork by guiding you through the best options when it comes to transferring your rewards points. Here's how to get started:
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer AmEx Points to Southwest
DoNotPay is the most reliable way to convert, transfer, or sell airline miles. DoNotPay is:
- Quick Results: DoNotPay's 3 simple steps enable you to transfer your KrisFlyer miles in a matter of minutes.
- Simple to Use: You can use the DoNotPay app to transfer your KrisFlyer miles using your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Successful Outcomes: When you use DoNotPay to transfer your KrisFlyer miles, you can feel confident the transfer will be successful.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
Transferring your AmEx points doesn't have to be hard. DoNotPay can help you easily, quickly, and successfully help you transfer your points on your behalf.
Are you ready to get started? today!