How to Transfer Amex Points to British Airways
The versatile American Express (Amex) membership rewards program offers a wealth of options for travelers. Rather than locking members into specific hotels and airlines, Amex points can be transferred to many carriers, opening the door to a wide choice of destinations.
It's also very easy to earn Amex points with American Express Platinum, Gold and Green cards. A big plus to being a part of the Amex Membership Rewards program is that points will never expire as long as one earning card is in use.
With a little work, you can transfer Amex points to British Airways for use on many flights worldwide. In this guide, we will go through the step-by-step process to accomplish the transfer. Keep in mind, however, that DoNotPay offers an even more efficient process to transfer your Amex points in just a few easy steps.
How to Earn Amex Travel Reward Points
Amex cardholders can earn Membership Rewards Points with these cards:
- Platinum card members earn 100K points and 10x points on eligible purchases up to $25K during the first six months of membership. At the end of the six months, members earn 5X points on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, 5X on prepaid hotels, and 1X on all other purchases.
- Gold card members earn 75K points after spending $4,000 in the first six months of membership. After six months, members earn 4X points on dining, 4X points on groceries at U.S. supermarkets up to $25K a year, and 3X points on flights booked directly or with Amex Travel, and 1X on all other purchases.
- Green card members earn 50K points after $2,000 of eligible purchases during the first six months of membership. At the end of the six months, members earn 3x points on restaurants, transit, and travel, and 1x on all other purchases.
- EveryDay Credit Card earns 10K rewards points after $1,000 of purchases in the first three months, then 2x on groceries up to $6,000 per year, then 1X. 1X on all other purchases.
- EveryDay Preferred Credit Card earns 15K rewards points after $1,000 of purchase within the first three months, then 3X on groceries up to $6,000 per year, 2X on gas, and 1X on other purchases.
- Blue from American Express earns 1x points on every eligible purchase.
Where Can I Transfer My Membership Rewards Points?
Amex cardholders can transfer their membership rewards to the following travel partners.
|Partner||Amex Membership Reward Points||Partner Points||Minimum Transfer|
|Delta Skymiles||1||1 Skymile||1000 points|
|Asia Miles||1||1 Asia Mile||1000 points|
|Brittish Airways||1||1 Avios||1000 points|
|Emirates Skywards||1||1 Skywards Mile||1000 points|
|Radisson Rewards||1||3 points||3 points|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2||3 Marriott Points||400 points|
|Hilton Honors||1||2 Hilton Honors Points||200 Points|
How Do I Transfer My Amex Points to British Airways on My Own?
Your Amex Rewards points can be transferred into an authorized user's British Airways account. Always verify the number of points needed, since leftover points are not transferable back into your Amex account.
- Log-in to your Amex account. Click More and then select Rewards.
- Navigate to the Points Transfer page and click Transfer Points. If British Airways is not on this page, click View All. This page will list all of Amex's travel partners. Click on British Airways.
- If your British Airways account is already linked, enter the name of the Amex Membership Rewards account holder. This name must match the name of the British Airways account you're transferring the points to. If the accounts are not yet linked, select British Airways as the partner you will transfer the points to. Enter the requested information, including the card's security information and British Airways account number.
- Click Link Account. You will get confirmation that the accounts are now linked.
- Click Continue to Transfer Points or wait to be automatically redirected to the points transfer page.
- Now that your account is linked, enter the number of points you wish to transfer in 1,000-point increments. Agree to the terms and conditions and click Confirm and Transfer Points. You will receive a confirmation message with the estimated transfer time up to seven days.
How Much Money Are Amex Rewards Points Worth?
The value of Amex Membership Rewards points varies on how they are used. The following is a breakdown of each redemption value.
- Online retailers with Pay with Points = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Gift cards = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Statement credit = 0.6 centers per point.
- Travel = 0.5 to 1 cent per point.
- Travel transfers to other partners 0.8 to 1 to 1:2 point to point ratio.
Transfer Amex Points to British Airways with the Help of DoNotPay
The procedure for transferring Amex Membership points can be quite time-consuming and tedious. However, DoNotPay can do it for you in three easy steps.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Amex Points to British Airways
DoNotPay is the simplest solution for transferring your points:
- Fast. You don't have to log in to a special account, especially if you tend to forget your credentials.
- Easy. There are no tedious forms or steps involved in transferring your Amex points to British Airways.
- Successful. DoNotPay ensures your points will be successfully transferred on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
|American Airlines||Southwest||Other Airlines||Hilton|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay doesn’t just assist with transferring and redeeming frequent flyer account points. Here are just a few other ways DoNotPay can assist you:
- Claim compensation for canceled airline flights
- Report price gouging
- Breach of contract essentials
- Cancel any service or subscription
These are just a few of the multitude of guides and solutions DoNotPay provides to help you through many situations. With over 250,000 cases successfully resolved, DoNotPay's multi-purpose platform levels the playing field for everyone.