How to Transfer AAdvantage Miles to British Airways?
American Airlines' AAdvantage Miles program is part of the ONEWORLD Alliance group of airlines, which also includes partners such as Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, and others. These airlines collaborate to give you increased access to worldwide travel through their various rewards programs. If you're a member of the AAdvantage Miles program, you may be curious about whether you can transfer your miles to other airlines. Is it possible to ? How about if you want to transfer AAdvantage miles to Avios?
Technically, it's not possible to transfer AAdvantage miles to British Airways or Avios but you still have other options available. You can still use your miles to purchase flights on these American Airlines partners. You just have to figure out the best way to get the most bang for your buck.
This is actually a difficulty found in many rewards programs. Even with credit card points, it can be difficult to be sure you're redeeming them in the most economically sound way. Thanks to DoNotPay, things have gotten simpler in that arena.
Accumulate Miles on American Airlines
Wondering on American Airlines? It's simple, and there are many ways to earn besides booking flights on American. Some other ways to earn miles are explained below.
- Travel with a ONEWORLD Alliance airline - Booking flights with other ONEWORLD Alliance partners is a surefire way to build up your bank of miles.
- Book a room at a partner hotel - American Airlines has several partner hotel programs, including Marriott Bonvoy, Hyatt, and Intercontinental Hotels.
- Rent a car with a partner rental agency - Avis and Budget are the preferred car rental partners for the AAdvantage program. AAdvantage members earn at least 500 miles per rental through these partners. Other partner car rental agencies, such as Payless, Alamo, and National, will reward you with 50 miles per rental day when you rent from them.
- AAdvantage credit cards - American Airlines offers several credit cards that will help you rack up the miles. Learn more about your options here.
What Can AAdvantage miles be used for?
AAdvantage miles can help you make many of your dreams come true. Below is a sample of the ways in which you can put your miles to use.
|Book a flight||You can use your miles to book flights on American, American Eagle, British Airways, and other partner airlines in the ONEWORLD alliance.|
|Upgrade your seat||You can apply your miles toward an upgrade on American, British Airways, or Iberia.|
|Rent a car||Lower the costs of your rental car by using your miles to book through a partner agency.|
|Book a hotel||Want to get a deal on your hotel stay? Use your AAdvantage miles to book a room through a partner hotel chain.|
These are just a few of the ways in which you can take advantage of your AAdvantage miles. With so many options in front of you, you may not be sure what the best approach to using your miles would be.
Can you transfer your miles? Should you buy more miles using your credit card points? Should you sell your AAdvantage credit card points? It can be hard to decide.
How to Transfer or Convert Your AAdvantage Miles On Your Own
If you wish to DIY redeeming your miles, you may do so by:
- Logging on to the American Airlines website.
- Downloading a free app from the App Store if you are an Apple user.
- Downloading from the Google Play Store if you are an Android user.
- Calling their reservations hotline.
The options may seem simple but the process surely isn’t. Prepare yourself to wade through instructions and fine print, as well as long wait times when being on queue on their hotline. If you don’t have the time, or the patience, remember there’s always DoNotPay.
Here is a table compare AAdvantage Miles and Avios Miles to other popular airline mile programs:
|Airline Reward Program||Miles||Standard Mileage Value (in Dollars)||Priority/Business/First Class Mileage Value (in Dollars)|
|American Airlines AAdvantage Miles||1||$0.012||$0.025|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1||$0.014||$0.015|
|British Airways Avios||1||$0.008||$0.019|
Convert Your AAdvantage Miles With DoNotPay
If the options feel hard to navigate, now you have an alternative. DoNotPay is here to assist you in making your way through the rewards programs to which you belong. It can help you sell your points and miles, transfer them to eligible programs, or redeem them.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay for Your AAdvantage Miles
DoNotPay is the best way to figure out how to use your AAdvantage miles. If you're looking to determine whether you can or vice versa, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay is known to be:
Fast. We know the quickest route and you can rest assured there’s no need for you to tolerate long wait times.
Simple DoNotPay makes it easy to get you what you need with just 3 easy steps. No need to worry about the confusing paperwork, we’ll handle all of that for you.
Successful We'll be sure to find the best deals using your AAdvantage miles.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay works with a lot more than just American Airlines and British Airways. There are so many rewards programs we can help you with. Whether you need assistance with, redeeming, transferring or selling airline mileage, you can surely rely on us. Below are some companies that we can represent you with:
- Southwest Airlines
- American Airlines
- Sell Delta Skymiles
- Sell Marriott points
- Sell United miles
DoNotPay is the resource you need on your side when you're looking to take advantage of your rewards programs.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
No matter how small or big, DoNotpay is designed to be your one-stop shop for all the tasks that you may be having trouble with. This Robot lawyer can help you in:
- Settling bills
- Getting gift card cashbacks
- Finding missing money
- Dealing with parking tickets
- Dealing with customer service
- Signing up for free trials
- And so much more!
Download DoNotPay right now to see all the ways in which it can make your life simpler.