Trading Airline Miles: The Easiest and Most Profitable Method
Let's help you trade miles for cash or turn them into other benefits. Are you a frequent flier? It's rewarding to have a lot of airline miles, especially if you'll be flying in the near future.
Trading airline miles for cash is possible. You can also transfer the miles to credit card points which you can later convert into cash. But finding the best deals and options can be a stressful 24/7 hustle.
How Much Money Are Airline Miles Worth?
We saw this question popping in your mind when we mentioned the word "cash." Here's our best answer: Most mileage brokers buy miles at 1-1.8 cents per mile.
But the actual amount of money you can earn from selling your airline miles depends a lot on the loyalty program you're signed to.
Looking to skyrocket your money-making potential? Check out for incentives that buy travel rewards such as hotel points. Also, you can convert your miles into credit card points which you can later redeem into money.
Merging all the various travel rewards will earn you a substantial amount at the end of the day.
Reasons to Trade Airline Miles Online
Don't waste your airline points. It makes sense to sell or trade them with other benefits because of these reasons:
|Expiring Soon||You might have earned tons of air mileages through frequent flights. However, you're unable to redeem all of them at a high value.
Maybe you're too busy to take advantage of the award chart's sweet spot, or you don't find the miles and points that attractive and would instead get some money for yourself. Why don't you trade air miles for cash? Don't wait until their expiration date.
|For More Travels||Most people save miles and points for more travel (which include airline tickets, car rentals, and hotels). But sometimes, this isn't being smart.
Airlines aren't under any obligation to keep the mile's value constant. If you're a frequent flier, you've probably noticed a lot of miles fluctuations. That's why it's advisable to engage in miles trade- when the mile's value is high, you can sell it for a decent amount of money.
|Uncertainties||Thanks to uncertainties, it's wise to convert airline miles into cash. In the event of unforeseen situations like pandemic, planning for trips can be more challenging. You don't want delays and cancellations to waste your airline miles, especially if the miles are close to their expiry date.|
How to Trade Airline Miles For Cash On Your Own
There are two excellent options you can use to trade your miles into money:
Register for a Credit Card That Allows You to Transfer Points Into Money
Some airlines like Etihad Airways have programs that allow you to convert your miles into money that you can use later.
- First, check to see if your airline has such a program
- Next, sign up with their credit card
- Start earning and saving points as you travel with them
- You can redeem the points for future travels
- Alternatively, you can transfer all or part of the miles into your airline's credit card
Every mile saved on the credit card will award you with a specific amount of money. That way, you can use your miles on travels, hotels, shopping, and travels.
Trade Miles for Cash Through a Mileage Broker
Accumulated a lot of air miles but not planning to use them for hotels and flights? Don't wait for them to expire. Mileage brokers can purchase your airline miles with cash.
- Search for mileage brokers online and request quotes for miles from each of them
- Consider each broker's quote and calculate the amount of cash you would get
- Narrow down to the best deal and approach your chosen broker to trade the miles
- The broker may ask for more information
- Wait as the broker gets a buyer
However, trading your miles directly through airline credit cards and mileage brokerage can be slow. Also, some of them offer low rates.
While you can convert your miles into cash through your airline credit card or brokerage, the process can take weeks or even months. Plus, some can value the points at meager rates, sometimes 0.5 cents per point.
|Airline Reward Program||Miles||Standard Mileage Value (in Dollars)||Priority/Business/First Class Mileage Value (in Dollars)|
|American Airlines AAdvantage Miles||1||$0.012||$0.025|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1||$0.014||$0.015|
That's where DoNotPay steps in.
So, How Can DoNotPay Help You in Trading Airline Miles?
If you've accumulated a lot of airline miles or points, DoNotPay will get you the best options depending on your rewards program and each point's monetary value. Let's help you find the best third-party brokerage or check your latest mileage balance automatically.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Relax as DoNotPay automatically check your points balance or transfer them on your behalf. And if you wish to transfer your points, we will find the best deal via third-party vendors.
Why Use DoNotPay in Selling Airlines Miles?
DoNotPay is your go-to whenever you desire to sell your air points. Its process is:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to trade your airline miles.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in trading your miles.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.
What Other Points/Miles Conversions Services Does DoNotPay Cover?
- Chase transfer points
- Hilton transfer points
- Transfer Marriott points
- Transfer United miles
- Transfer American Airlines miles
- Sell Delta skymiles
- Sell Marriott points
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a range of other services that can make your life easier:
- Help with bills
- Gift card cashback
- Free trials
- Customer service
- Free raffle tickets
- Missing money
- Credit cards
- Parking tickets