How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in the Town of Hempstead
Do you need to quickly obtain a copy of a marriage certificate in the Town of Hempstead? Getting a marriage certificate often includes a lot of steps. Unfortunately, many people looking to obtain a marriage certificate are uncertain about where to begin. While all cities and towns outline the steps needed to request a marriage certificate, it's not always simple to navigate their site. Even more, the steps involved are often time-consuming.
Luckily, there's an easier way. At DoNotPay, we believe that obtaining important documents like your marriage certificate should be relatively simple. Today we're going to show you how to obtain copies of a and why DoNotPay is the best solution to quickly obtain copies.
Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and Marriage License in New York
While both a marriage certificate and a marriage license have an important purpose, they have two different functions that make them different. A marriage license is what you'll need in order to get legally married. A marriage certificate is a document you will receive from the state that confirms that your marriage has been recorded.
Both documents are important for two partners. A marriage license is a document that signifies the marriage as a legal union. A marriage certificate is also important because it not only shows proof that the marriage took place but is also used for a variety of legal purposes.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in the Town of Hempstead?
There is a flat fee to obtain a copy of a marriage certificate in the Town of Hempstead. The cost of each marriage certificate requested is $10.
It's important to note that payments must be made using one of the following methods:
- Money order
- Personal check (must be drawn from a bank branch located in Nassau County)
Other Things to Keep in Mind
If you plan on obtaining a marriage certificate copy, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Any check or money order should be made payable to "Hempstead Town Clerk"
- If you plan to pay by credit card, you will be charged $16 per transcript. This includes a $10 copy charge plus a $6 credit card processing fee
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in the Town of Hempstead?
In order to successfully obtain a marriage certificate copy, there are a few important pieces of information that you will need to provide. This includes:
- Names of each spouse prior to marriage
- Date of marriage
- Your return address
- A copy of your photo identification
- A $10 copy fee per requested copy
How to Obtain a Marriage Certificate on Your Own
If you would like to obtain a marriage certificate on your own, there are a few important steps that you will need to follow. The first step is to decide the way in which you would like to obtain your marriage certificate copy. You can either request it by applying in person, applying by mail, or faxing a request to the Towns Clerk's Office.
If you would like to request a copy of a marriage certificate in person, you will need to bring a copy of your photo identification, fill out the Marriage Request Transcript Form and bring it to the Town Clerk with your payment.
If you would like to fax your request, you can do so by sending your Marriage Request Transcript Form, a copy of your driver's license, and your credit card information to the Towns Clerk's Office.
If you would like to request a copy of a marriage certificate by mail, you will need to send your Marriage Request Transcript Form, a copy of your driver's license, and your form of payment. Send your correspondence addressed to Kate Murray, Town Clerk, ATTENTION: MARRIAGE BUREAU.
|Hempstead Town Clerk Contact Information|
|Address||1 Washington Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
|Phone Number||(516) 812-3014|
Successfully Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate With DoNotPay
Do you need help requesting copies of a ? Getting a copy of a marriage certificate is often a time-sensitive situation. If you don't have the time to go through the process or you need help navigating the process, DoNotPay is here to help. Obtaining the important documents you need doesn't have to be hard, and DoNotPay is here to successfully walk you through the process.
If you would like to order a copy of a marriage certificate in the Town of Hempstead with DoNotPay, all you need to do is:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- Next, you can notarize your document by scheduling a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.