The Best Way to Connect With an Inmate at Tabor Correctional Institution
Tabor Correctional Institution, a mixed-security all-male prison, is fairly new, having been opened in 2008. It's located in West Tabor City, North Carolina and it can house about 1,400 inmates.
At the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, inmate visitation was suspended in all state prisons in North Carolina. Although limited visitation has since resumed, there are significant restrictions in place, making in-person contact even more difficult than usual. But if you have a friend, pen pal, or loved one at Tabor Correctional Institution, there are still ways you can get in touch with them - and DoNotPay can make it easy.
Where Is Tabor Correctional Institution?
TCI is found on Swamp Fox Highway, near the boundary between North Carolina and South Carolina. The North Carolina Department of Public Safety website offers these directions to help you find the facility:
Take I-40 East to I-95 South. Take I-95 South to exit 2 in Lumberton. At the top of the ramp, take a left on to NC 130 East. Follow NC 130 East to NC 904. Go through Fairbluff, continue until you see the prison on the left.
Take US 74 West to Whiteville, NC 701 South to Tabor City to NC 904 West to the facility.
|Physical Address||Tabor Correctional Institution
4600 Swamp Fox Hwy
West Tabor City, NC 28463
|General Telephone Number
(You cannot contact inmates with this number)
|General Contact Fax Number||910-653-6837|
|General Contact Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to Contact Inmates at Tabor Correctional Institution
To allow phone contact between inmates and loved ones, the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Prisons has a contract with the phone service provider GTL. In order to use the service, you must purchase phone time through ConnectNetwork. There are two ways to do so:
- Online – To create a prepaid telephone account, add funds to prepaid telephone accounts, and view balances, go to www.ConnectNetwork.com
- By phone – Call 1-800-483-8314 to create an account or add funds.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Tabor Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 730
Tabor City, NC 28463
Inmates can only receive electronic copies of letters, photographs, artwork, and cards. Any packages, pornography, or illegal items will be confiscated. If you write a letter to an inmate and it is addressed wrong, your words will not reach the inmate.
Due to Covid-19, visitation hours have been reduced or eliminated at all North Carolina prisons. Visitation is slowly being reinstated, but it's not allowed at all institutions, and is subject to change at any time, depending on the current infection numbers.
When visitation is allowed, visitors must remember the following rules:
- Visitors must fill out an application. The only way to get an application form is for the inmate to send them one.
- Applications may be rejected for a number of reasons, including: the form is filled out improperly or has false information, the visitor has a criminal record (there may be exceptions granted for family members in certain circumstances), or the form is a copy and not an original.
- Visitors must be on the inmate's approved list. Only 18 people are allowed on the list.
- Once approved, visitors must schedule appointments by calling the visitation officer at (910)-653-8070.
- Visits may be canceled with little notice due to Covid-19 conditions.
- Visitors must go through metal detectors and anyone over 16 is subject to a "pat/frisk" search.
- Cellphones are not allowed, and will be confiscated as contraband.
The North Carolina prison system partners with a company called JPay to send money to inmates. Only people on the inmate's approved visitor's list are allowed to send them money. JPay offers the following ways to put funds in loved ones' accounts:
- Money orders must be made payable to JPay. They should be sent to JPay at PO Box 173070, Hialeah, FL 33017. The funds will be available within 10 business days.
- Online at JPay.com with a credit or debit card.
- Using the JPay Mobile App, available through the Apple App Store or Google Play .
- By phone at (800) 574-5729.
- Walk-in cash deposits at any MoneyGram agent location, using receive code 1224.
DoNotPay Makes It Easy to Get in Touch With an Inmate
If visitation is restricted or the rules are overwhelming, DoNotPay has a product to make it easier for you to contact an inmate. It's called Connect With an Inmate, and all you need are their Inmate ID or booking number, the name of the prison, and the unit the inmate is in (if the prison has units).
How to Use Connect With an Inmate:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
In just five simple steps, we can make it easier for you to reach out to your loved one or friend.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
Connecting with inmates is just the beginning of what DoNotPay can take care of for you. We are here to take over tedious, confusing tasks to make your life easier. Here are a few of the ways we can solve knotty problems on your behalf:
- Cancel timeshares
- Get revenge on annoying robocalls
- Schedule convenient DMV appointments
- Get your refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Claim victim compensation funds
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Sign up for clinical trials
You'll be amazed at all the ways DoNotPay can simplify your life. Take a look at all we can do for you today.