How to Connect With a Sussex 1 State Prison Inmate
The Sussex 1 State Prison is a Level 5 maximum-security prison in Waverly, Virginia. The facility can house up to 1,125 maximum-security inmates, some facing death rows.
at a high-security prison like the Sussex 1 State Prison can be challenging. For instance, if you plan to visit your loved one, you will be subjected to intensive searches that would possibly be overwhelming to you. Fortunately, DoNotPay has created the Connect with an Inmate service that offers a simple way to contact your loved one at Sussex 1 State prison quickly. Read on to learn more about this service.
How Do You Connect With an Inmate at Sussex 1 State Prison?
You can connect with an inmate at the Sussex 1 State prison using the following three options:
- In-person visits to the facility
- Through a phone call
- By mail
How Do You Connect With a Sussex 1 State Prison Inmate Through an In-person Visit to the Facility?
|To access this facility, use the following physical address||Sussex 1 State Prison, 24414 Musselwhite Drive, Waverly, VA 23891|
|The following driving directions can also help you access the facility.||Visitation to the Sussex 1 State Prison is on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. The visitation schedule rotates, so it is essential to call the facility to determine your loved one's specific visiting time.|
A visit to the Sussex 1 State Prison requires you to fulfill several complex requirements, which are as follows:
- Fill out an online visitor's application form and wait for its approval in 30 to 90 days
- Renew your visitor's application at least thirty days before the old visitor's approval expires. The visitor's permit lasts for 36 months
- Bring a valid photo ID
- You should submit to a search by passing through a metal detector. The facility's officers can also use intrusive search and canine to search for contrabands
Besides the requirements provided above, you might be subjected to the following regulations:
- Restriction from entering the facility if you appear drunk or under the influence
- Leave any electronics, including your music device, cell phones, recording devices, and pagers at your car
- The facility doesn't allow tobacco and its related products
- Carry all necessary baby or infant products if you're visiting the facility with one
- You might be allowed to conduct video visits if there are issues with the security levels through an in-person visit. You can learn more about video visits here.
How Do You Connect With a Sussex 1 State Prison by Phone?
You cannot call the facility unless an inmate calls you. Inmates at the Sussex 1 State Prison use pre-paid services by Global Tel Link(GTL), with a twenty-minute limited time. The facility will monitor and record all incoming calls. Therefore, call forwarding and three-way calling are prohibited and can have your phone call dropped.
|Receiving calls through a GTL account.||Set up your account through their website or call 1-800-483-8314|
|Receiving calls through the facility's phone number.||804-834-9967|
How Do You Connect With a Sussex 1 State Prison Inmate by Mail?
You write letters to inmates to the Sussex 1 State Prison. Inmates can also receive emails from pen-pals, attorneys, family members, and friends. Inmates can send as many letters as they can afford.
Please note, all incoming letters are opened, photocopied, and delivered to the inmate. The only exception applies to legal documents managed through the facility's office to determine their status.
To address your inmate's letter adequately, use the following details:
|Inmate Name, ID number
Sussex 1 State Prison
24414 Musselwhite Drive
Waverly, VA 23891
Some of the facility's measures make connecting with an inmate at the Sussex 1 State Prison confusing and frustrating. For instance, creating a GTL account can prove to be overwhelming if you're not familiar with this process. Apart from that, waiting for 90 days to approve your visitor's request causes unnecessary delays. DoNotPay is your easy way out from all these bureaucratic measures.
How Can DoNotPay Help You Connect With a Sussex 1 State Prison Inmate?
DoNotPay guarantees a simple process to at the Sussex 1 State Prison using the following five steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Solve Other Issues with DoNotPay Connect with an Inmate Product
At DoNotPay, we can help you solve other issues including:
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Appeal Banned Account
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- Insurance Claims
- Warranty Claims
- Fight Email Spam
- Fight Text Spam
- Robocall Compensation
Why Use DoNotPay to Connect with an Inmate at the Sussex 1 State Prison?
With DoNotPay, you don't have to deal with Sussex 1 State Prison bureaucratic policies to contact your loved one. By completing the five steps provided above, you can rest assured that you will communicate with your loved ones in the easiest way possible. Sign up today, and let's help you contact your loved one.