How to Contact an Inmate at Sumter Correctional Institution
Housing over 1500 adult and youthful men in Bushnell, Florida resides , commonly referred to as Sumter CI. While serving time in this institution, the men can enjoy contact with friends, family, loved ones, and even pen pals.
The inmates at Sumter CI are granted visitation, phone privileges, and letter correspondence. Of course, each form of communication comes with its own rules, which can be very confusing.
Sumter Correctional Institution Contact Information
Before contacting or attempting communication with an inmate, it is vital to ensure you have the correct contact information.
9544 County Road 476B
|Phone Number||(352) 569-6100 or 568-4600|
How to Visit an Inmate In-Person at Sumter CI
The men residing at Sumter Correctional Institure are granted visitation privileges, but there are strict rules and procedures to adhere to.
- Visitors must fill out an application. It is crucial to fill out the correct application as outdated or incorrect forms are rampant on the internet.
- Mail the application to Sumter CI's Classification Department or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The inmate will be informed if the application is accepted or rejected.
- Request a visit using the automated Visitation Request form between 5 am Monday, and 5 am Wednesday each week.
- conducts visitation hours on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm. Arrive no earlier than 7:30 am and no later than 2:00 pm.
- All visitors, including minors, will be searched before entry. If a visitor goes to the restroom, they will be subject to another search before reentry.
Phone Calls With a Sumter CI Inmate
Sumter Correctional Institute inmates are granted access to phones during designated hours. They may place collect calls or use prepaid minutes via ConnectNetwork.
- Calls in 30-minute increments are allowed between 8 am and 11 pm Sunday through Friday. On Saturdays, phone privileges are extended to 1 am.
- Loved ones can leave incoming voice messages for inmates if they aren't available to receive the call.
- Inmates are given two free five-minute phone calls a month.
How to Send Inmates at Sumter Correctional Institute Money
Inmates require funding for a variety of items ranging from hygiene to entertainment. Loved ones can send them money to pay for these items and services.
- JPay - Money is deposited easily online using JPay using a credit or debit card.
- Over the Phone - If you would like to make a deposit over the phone, call (800) 574-5729.
- Through MoneyGram - MoneyGram is the simplest option if you wish to deposit money with cash. Use the code 5188 at any MoneyGram location.
- Money Orders - Florida requires all money orders to be addressed to JPay and sent to JPay, P.O. Box 260010, Hollywood, FL 33026.
Sending Emails and Writing Letters to Sumter CI Inmates
Florida is undergoing an institutional mail transition. Their facilities are transitioning to electronically scanned and delivered mail. At this time, however, Sumter CI has not transitioned. When they do, the inmates and visitors receive a notification.
How to Send a Letter to an Inmate
The process of writing a letter can be confusing. Learning how to write and address the letters correctly is crucial.
- To start, you must address the envelope using the following format:
Inmate's Last name, first name, DC # PO Box 23608 Tampa, FL 33623
- Write the letter in English, Spanish, or Creole.
- Keep in mind all mail, except legal counsel, is opened and read.
How to Send an Inmate an Email
Although inmates are not given internet access, JPay allows them to receive emails via kiosks and designated tablets for a nominal fee. Inmates can receive text, pictures, and VideoGrams via the email portal. Most locations allow for an electronic response as well.
Use DoNotPay to Make Inmate Communication a Breeze
Figuring out all the information regarding your inmate and the steps necessary to reach them is complicated, time-consuming, and confusing. Now there is an easier way.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Connecting with an inmate at Sumter Correctional Institute is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. Here are just a few more services that DoNotPay has to offer.
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service rep
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
DoNotPay takes all the stress and confusion from staying in touch with inmates. DoNotPay's feature, Connect With an Inmate, allows you to quickly, easily, and successfully communicate with your inmate in any way the institution allows.