How To Request a Stamps.com Refund the Easy Way
Stamps.com is an online postage service base that enables its users to create stamps, labels, and invoices from the comfort of their homes. Being an ideal resolution for small entrepreneurs and merchants, the company collaborates with numerous e-com platforms.
Making labels can be an easy process, but no service or program is always flawless. A wrong click or a slight bug is enough to make a mess and make you regret spending your cash on such a service.
Main Rules of Stamps.com Refund Policy
Since Stamps.com is an online platform—and online platforms are prone to errors at times—the company is aware of possible consequences. The reasons for initiating the refund procedure are usually related to printing errors or bugs, which make it difficult to use the generated postage.
Stamps.com allows you to request compensation for faulty or misprinted products if you report the issue no later than 30 days after the item generation.
Situations in which you received defective stamps or stickers are the exception to this rule. If this is the case, you will be able to discuss the issue with customer support even if your report exceeds 30 days.
Your account mustn’t be terminated at the moment of reporting, as the whole compensation request needs to be performed via your Stamps.com profile. Otherwise, Stamps.com won’t refund any goods. The company doesn’t have permission to approve requests, as this is the procedure that the carrier needs to perform. This is why they forward all requests to relevant carriers and wait for the approval before they release the funds back.
Types of Stamp.com Refunds
Depending on what the problem with your order or item is, you will pick one of two possible options:
- Mail-in refund
How To Take Advantage Of the E-Refund Option
An electronic refund request is a procedure that you need to follow in case you generated postcards, envelopes, or shipping labels that failed to print properly.
In some situations, there will be an option to reprint them, but if this isn’t the case, you will probably want to retrieve the money back. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the History tab
- Find the order you want to have refunded—you can use the search box or the filters on the left to track it by date
- Check the order and select the Refund button
- Read the information that will show up in the Certify Refund Request window and click on Submit
- Click on Done to finalize the process
How To Take Advantage of the Mail-In Option
The mail-in option is applicable in case you generated NetStamps, PhotoNetStamps, or envelopes using mailing or address labels that ended up being misprinted. The procedure is similar to the previous one, but there are some additional steps you have to follow:
- Go to the History tab
- Find the order you want to have refunded
- Select the Refund button
- Choose all the stamps/envelopes that were misprinted and click on Continue
- Confirm the given information by clicking on Submit
- Select Print Refund Request Form and then click on Done
- Sign the form and specify what happened to the products
- Send the form to:
Attn: Misprint Refunds
PO Box 6026
Inglewood, CA 90312-6026
How To Get a Stamps.com Refund With DoNotPay
You’re getting confused by all these procedures and wondering how long you will have to wait for your case to be resolved?
It’s true—both of the described options do take some time. Unlike these, DoNotPay doesn’t leave you hanging—we come up with an amazing contactless method that takes only a minute or two. Our app will handle this for you and make your chances of getting your funds back much bigger. What you need to do is the following:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Access the Chargeback Instantly option and click on Get Protected
- Provide your bank details, the merchant info, and your personal information
- Add your digital signature
- Submit your request
That’s all it takes! What happens next is that DoNotPay gets in touch with your bank by sending an automatic letter along with the Mastercard/Visa codes, as requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act. These documents play a significant role in supporting your case.
|Can You Request a Refund Via||Yes/No|
How To Check the Status of Your Refund Request
You submitted the forms, but haven’t got any response even after a month? To ensure that your request has been received, you can contact customer support in the following ways:
- Website form
How To Check the Status of Your Refund Request via Phone
Calling Stamps.com customer support and asking them to track your request might be the easiest way to check this info. You may have to wait on hold for a while, but this option is quicker than waiting for an answer to the submitted website form.
To check your refund request status through a phone call, follow these instructions:
- Dial 1‑855‑860‑7867
- Explain the issue to the customer support representative and provide them with transaction details
How To Check the Status of Your Refund Request via the Website Form
Website forms are quick to complete, but you never know how much time the customer support will need to process your request.
If you still think this method is better than getting in touch through a phone call, follow these steps to submit an online form:
- Go to the Stamps.com help center page
- Complete the form and write a message specifying the issue you have experienced
- Click on Continue
How Long Does a Stamps.com Refund Take To Be Processed?
The time you’ll have to wait before getting your money back depends on the type of your request. Electronic refunds might take up to three weeks to get approved, while mail-in refunds might need up to two weeks. Once the company and the carrier approve the request, it will take seven to 14 days for the money to be released back to your account.
Having Trouble With Refunds From Other Companies Too? Check This Out!
We know that certain companies have those annoying no-refund policies, but you shouldn’t despair because you can still regain what’s yours with our help. DoNotPay requests refunds from companies such as USPS, Etsy, Target, PayPal, Priceline, and many more on your behalf. We also have a specific system that helps you cut any subscription or membership you don’t use without additional charges.
Apart from doing our best to make your life easier when it comes to finances, we help you cope with your bureaucratic ventures and fight for your rights as well. Regardless of whether you opt for using DoNotPay in your web browser, you will always have access to our tips and tricks related to:
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Applying for clinical trials
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Stopping text spam
- Disputing traffic tickets