How to Get a Certified Copy of Your Spokane Marriage Certificate
Getting a Spokane marriage certificate doesn't have to be a stressful process. Anyone who has ever attempted to order a legal document knows that there are a lot of red tapes to work through and that the process can be rather time-consuming. If you want some help ordering a copy of your Spokane marriage certificate, DoNotPay can help you. With DoNotPay, all you have to do is fill out a simple form, answer a few brief questions, and select whether you would like a certified copy or an authorized copy of your . We have the expertise you need to get the legal documents you want without all the stress.
The Difference Between a Spokane Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License
There's a lot of confusion about the differences between a Spokane marriage certificate and a marriage license. Essentially, what you need to know is that a marriage license is a document that you need before your wedding, certifying that the marriage is legal. A marriage certificate is a document that you can get after your wedding, proving that your wedding took place. Having a copy of your marriage certificate can be helpful for many legal processes, including enrolling in health insurance, changing your legal last name, and enrolling yourself or your children in school. If at all possible, you should try to have multiple copies of your , that way you never have to scramble to get the information that you need to complete important tasks.
What to Know About Ordering a Spokane Marriage Certificate
Before you order your Spokane marriage certificate, there are some things you need to know.
- Each certified copy of your marriage certificate is $3, according to the Spokane County website.
- You can order marriage certificate copies at any time after your marriage license has been filed with the county.
- You should allow 7-10 business days to receive your marriage certificate by mail.
Get a Spokane Marriage Certificate Copy on Your Own
Ordering a Spokane marriage certificate on your own is possible. Here's how you can go about it, according to the Spokane County website.
|Washington State Digital Archives
|Spokane County Auditor
1116 W Broadway Avenue, Spokane, WA 99260
- Send a check payable to Spokane County Auditor. You will also need to include the names of each party at the time of application in your letter and the date of the marriage to the address above. Make sure to include how many copies you want in your letter and ensure that all personal details are accurate.
- You can also access marriage records at the Washington State Digital Archives. If you have any questions about the process of ordering your marriage certificate, you can call the Spokane County Clerk's office at the number provided above. A staff member should be able to walk you through the necessary steps to get your Spokane marriage certificate.
It can be stressful to go through this process on your own. DoNotPay has the experience you need to get your marriage certificate without dealing with lengthy phone calls and glitchy online forms.
Utilize DoNotPay to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
If you want to get your Spokane marriage certificate but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's all there is to it! DoNotPay can help you get your marriage certificate without the red tape.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You?
Do you have questions about what else DoNotPay can do? Check out some of DoNotPay's other areas of expertise.
- How to fill out a marriage certificate.
- How to apply for a marriage certificate online.
- Online marriage certificate.
- Marriage certificate documents you need.
- Get a copy of a marriage certificate.
- Learn about marriage certificates.