Get Your Smith Mountain Lake Fishing License Fast
As one of Virginia's premier fishing reservoirs, Smith Mountain Lake is a top destination for freshwater anglers. Smith Mountain Lake is over 20,000 acres nestled near Roanoke, VA, and Lynchburg, Virginia. Before casting a line for the sought-after bass in the reservoir, you'll need a . Since Smith Mountain Lake is a Virginia waterway, a Virginia freshwater fishing license is required when planning a fishing trip to Smith Mountain Lake.
While you can obtain a fishing license on your own, first-time anglers may not know where to get a fishing license. Therefore, DoNotPay helps you get a Virginia fishing license quickly, allowing you to legally fish on Smith Mountain Lake on your time.
What Type of Fishing License Needed for Smith Mountain Lake?
While some areas in Virginia require additional permits and fees to fish, Smith Mountain Lake only requires anglers 16 years and older to have a Virginia fishing license. As a coastal state, VA offers freshwater and saltwater fishing licenses for residents and non-residents. If only fishing in Virginia on Smith Mountain Lake, you'll need a freshwater Virginia fishing license.
Resident Freshwater Fishing License Cost for Smith Mountain Lake
The cost for a Virginia resident freshwater fishing license varies from around $15 and up depending on the length of time you'll need the license and if you want a combo license.
|State Freshwater Fishing License for 1-year||$23|
|5-Day Freshwater Fishing||$14|
|5-Day Fresh/Saltwater Fishing||$39.50|
|Residents 65 and Over Annual Freshwater Fishing License||$9|
|County/City Resident Freshwater Fishing License||$16|
|Lifetime Freshwater Fishing License||$25-$265 depending on age|
Non-Resident Freshwater Fishing License Cost for Smith Mountain Lake
Visitors fishing at Smith Mountain Lake who are not Virginia residents will need a non-resident license, which varies in cost from under $10 to over $45 depending on the length of time you'll need it and the license type.
|1-Day Freshwater Fishing License||$8|
|5-Day Freshwater Fishing License||$21|
|State Freshwater Yearly Fishing License||$47|
|Yearly State Fresh/Saltwater Fishing License||$71|
|Lifetime Freshwater Fishing License||$580|
Steps to Get a Fishing License for Smith Mountain Lake on Your Own
Located in the state of Virginia, fishing on Smith Mountain Lake will require a Virginia freshwater fishing license. Therefore, there are a few ways to get a freshwater VA fishing license, whether you're a resident or non-resident.
In-Person Method to Get a Smith Mountain Lake, VA Fishing License
- Search online for license agents for buying a fishing license near Smith Mountain Lake, such as sporting good stores or bait shops.
- Drive to the licensing location.
- Give the clerk or cashier your personal information and show your government-issued ID.
- Receive your VA fishing license.
Call to Purchase a Fishing License for Smith Mountain Lake
- Call (804) 367-1000 during regular business hours.
- Give the agent your personal information and government-issued ID number.
- Receive a confirmation number and wait for a hard license copy via the mail.
- Alternatively, you can download the GoOutdoorsVirginia mobile app to show your active Virginia fishing license when required quickly.
Get a Virginia Fishing License Online Via the DWR Virginia Website
- Go to the GoOutdoorsVirginia.
- Create a unique customer account.
- Choose the freshwater license based on age and residency.
- Use a credit card to complete your fishing license purchase.
- Print your Virginia fishing license online or use the mobile fishing license app to access it easily.
Each of these methods for getting a fishing license for Smith Mountain Lake is more time-consuming than letting DoNotPay purchase a license on your behalf. Even getting a fishing license online can be challenging to navigate to ensure you buy the right license type for your fishing needs. With a click of a button, you can get a fishing license for a day, week, or longer for a fishing trip at Smith Mountain Lake or anywhere in Virginia without the stress and wasted time waiting in line.
How DoNotPay Helps You Get a Smith Mountain Lake Fishing License with Ease
Since getting a Smith Mountain Lake fishing license is not always as easy as it sounds, DoNotPay can help. Save time by letting us handle purchasing a fishing license on your behalf without the hassle of deciding on the best license type for your needs and creating an online account for each state each time you need a license.
How to get your Smith Mountain Lake fishing license using DoNotPay
If you want to get your Smith Mountain Lake fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Are you planning a trip to Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia? Ensure you have your fishing license to try your luck at catching striped bass, black bass, channel catfish, or other popular species that make Smith Mountain Lake a must-visit fishing destination. If you need help getting a for catching fish on Smith Mountain Lake, contact us to make getting your fishing license quick and easy.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help?
While DoNotPay makes getting your Virginia and easy, we can also help obtain fishing licenses from other states and the District of Columbia, including saltwater fishing licenses. Even if fishing is not for you, DoNotPay helps with many tasks to get things done with less hassle, including:
- How to Get a Tourist Visa
- Report Price Gouging
- Get Airport Lounge Access During Your Travels