The Easiest Way To Get a Fishing License in South Carolina?
You may or may not know it, but South Carolina is home to many great fishing spots. You’ll find Lake Robinson, Lake Bowen, Lake Greenwood, Lake Hartwell, the massive Lake Wylie, Lake Keowee, and many more throughout the beautiful state. You may believe that all you have to do is grab your fishing license and get out there. Unfortunately, it's just not that easy.
Getting a fishing license in South Carolina, or anywhere for that matter, can be a bit of a tricky situation. You need to know the type of licenses available, where you're able to use them, for how long they are valid, where to get them, and how much they might cost. Luckily, if all this proves to be a bit too much for your already busy schedule, DoNotPay can help.
Do I need a fishing license to fish in South Carolina?
Chances are, you will be required to have a fishing license in South Carolina. You will need one unless:
- You are 16 or under
- You want a Freshwater fishing license but fishing in privately-owned ponds
- You plan to fish on a licensed public fishing pier in saltwater
What type of fishing license do I need in South Carolina?
- Residential freshwater fishing license (14-day, annual, or three-year)
- Resident non-game freshwater fishing license
- Resident saltwater fishing license (14-day, annual, or three-year)
- Resident combination fishing and hunting license
- Resident sportsman license
- Resident disability license
- Lifetime license. This is age-based
- These categories are also available for nonresident licenses
Keep in mind that reciprocal fishing licenses are also available. These are for residents who reside in Georgia and qualify for certain areas and within certain waters. This will be yet another thing to keep in mind when searching for the appropriate fishing license.
How much does it cost to get a fishing license in South Carolina?
The cost of a fishing license varies widely by which type you need to purchase.
|3 Year Freshwater Fishing License||$30.00||$105.00|
|Annual Freshwater Fishing License||$10.00||$35.00|
|14-Day Freshwater Fishing License||$5.00||$11.00|
|Annual Commercial Freshwater License||$50.00||$1000.00|
|3 Year Saltwater Fishing License||$45.00||N/A|
|Annual Saltwater Fishing License||$15.00||$75.00|
|14-Day Saltwater Fishing License||$10.00||$35.00 valid for only 7 consecutive days|
|Shrimp Baiting License & Tags (seasonal)||$25.00||$500|
The main differences in price are:
- Resident fishing license. Ranging from $5 - $150, the prices are based on how long you want to carry the license, if you have a student or military discount, if you're trying to get a combination hunting and fishing license, or if you're attempting to purchase a Sportsman fishing license.
- Non Residents fishing license. This type of fishing license ranges from $10 and $500. The price difference is based on the same variables as the resident fishing licenses.
- There is a huge price jump for individuals wanting to fish from a public fishing pier at longer than 100 feet. This type of license costs $350.
How do I get a fishing license in South Carolina on my own?
You can get a fishing license in South Carolina online at the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources website. You'll need to have your social security card and proof of residency if applying for a resident license. Also, keep in mind that you need to keep your license on you at all times while you're fishing. Getting caught without your fishing license can result in a potentially hefty fee.
Easily get a fishing license online with DoNotPay?
Simply put, DoNotPay will do all the research for you, so you don't have to try to determine what type of fishing license you need in South Carolina. All you have to do is provide some basic information concerning your fishing needs, and DoNotPay will figure out the rest. We will even purchase the fishing license for you. We make it about as easy as it can get!
How to get a fishing license online with DoNotPay
The SCDNR site uses a tedious and time-consuming procedure to obtain a fishing license. However, DoNotPay streamlines the process for purchasing a South Carolina fishing license into three easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
All you have to do is download the file and print the temporary license while the physical copy is processed. The physical copy will be processed and mailed to you with the information you provided.
Why Use DoNotPay to get a South Carolina Fishing License?
DoNotPay makes the task of buying a fishing license in South Carolina fast, easy, and secure. We do all the hard work for you, saving you tons of time to actually use fishing! If you've found yourself confused when tackling the chore of getting the appropriate fishing license, contact DoNotPay today.
What else can DoNotPay do?
Helping you obtain a South Carolina fishing license is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can save you time and money. Here are just some of the many tasks DoNotPay can assist you with:
- Find unclaimed money
- Help with bills
- Notarize documents
- Reduce property taxes
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Help you get a tourist visa
- Make a warranty claim
With DoNotPay's innovative platform, we help you cut through bureaucratic red tape, find you money, and resolve many common administrative issues. Rather than trudging through pages of confusing information and application instructions, DoNotPay streamlines the process for quicker results.