The Ultimate Guide to Getting Skype Refunds You’ve Been Looking For
Skype is an app most known for its video chat feature, but you can also use it for voice calls, texting, sending pictures, and much more. It’s been around since 2003 and provides a platform for millions of calls daily.
Skype isn’t everyone’s cup of tea—some common complaints have been around for as long as the app. If you were a user for some time, you may have experienced glitchy audio and grainy, freezing video calls. Here’s how to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the service.
What Is the Skype Refund Policy?
There are some limitations when getting your money back from Skype. You might be eligible for a refund in the following cases:
- You have an ongoing subscription you didn’t get the chance to use
- You paid for the service by mistake, and no more than 90 days passed since the purchase
- You haven’t used your Skype Credit and you request a refund within 14 days (this only goes for EU customers)
- There’s proof that someone hacked your account or that it was otherwise used by an unauthorized third party when the payment was made
- You faced some technical issues during calls or texting that the company determined was their fault. If the problem was with your device or internet connection, Skype can’t compensate you for the inconvenience
If you completed the purchase through third-party partners, such as iTunes, Skype won’t give you a refund. You will have to contact the party in question to make a request. Skype completes refunds using the original method of payment. This means they can’t send you compensation if the original form of payment is no longer available, for example, if your card expired.
Other Scenarios Where You Can’t Get a Refund From Skype
Other than purchasing through third parties, there are a few other things you can’t get a refund for:
- Prepaid cards
- Your Skype Number
- Your Membership in the Skype Developer Program
How Do I Get a Skype Refund by Myself?
If you’re dissatisfied with the service or just haven’t used the subscription you paid for, you probably want your money back. There is a way you can apply for a refund if you’re willing to put in the work. Make sure the service you want the refund for hasn’t expired and that you haven’t used it at all. These are the steps that you need to take:
- Log into your Skype account
- Go to your purchase history from your account’s profile page
- Find and select the service you would like refunded
- Click on the Refund button
- Select the Confirm Refund button
If you don’t see the Refund button, you aren’t eligible according to Skype’s terms and conditions. Make sure you’re signed in to the correct account before you proceed. If you’re still experiencing issues, you can contact a customer service agent via live chat on the bottom of Skype’s support page.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Put the Money Back in Your Pocket the Easy Way
Are you tired of reading all about Skype’s policies and the steps you need to go through? There’s a simpler way to get the results you’re looking for. Resort to DoNotPay and sit back as the world’s first robot lawyer does the heavy lifting for you.
Open our app in your web browser. These are the steps to take:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Find the Chargeback instantly option by scrolling down the menu and click on Get Protected
- Provide the necessary payment data and confirm your details
- Finish by adding your digital signature
When you’re done, the app will take over the process. DoNotPay will fax a request to your bank as soon as you submit the form. The letter will include all useful ViSA and Mastercard codes that can sway the case in your favor. Contacting the merchant to gather more evidence on your behalf will ensure you have the best chances of getting your money back.
According to the Fair Credit Billing Act, you have the right to dispute a charge if you haven’t received the promised product or service, or if there was some miscalculation during the payment process. Your bank must acknowledge your complaint and investigate the claim, while not trying to collect payment or charge you any interest. Collecting enough evidence is a key part of your claim, which is why DoNotPay can be such a useful tool for consumers.
Is There a Skype Refund Form for EU Citizens?
There is a special perk for customers who live in the EU. If you’re an EU citizen, you can request to withdraw from Skype purchases. To do this, you need to make sure you haven’t used the products, and no more than 15 days have passed since the payment.
You can find the forms on Skype’s customer support page. They’re available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, and Polish. Download the form that applies to your country, fill in the blanks with necessary information. If you get stuck, contact customer support on the website.
Take Skype to Court From Your Couch and Earn Some Compensation
If you’re unhappy with the way Skype or any other company treats you, don’t feel defeated. You can take legal action against them with a little help from DoNotPay. You don’t have to do any research on legal matters to take Skype to small claims court.
If you’re unsure about our efficacy, check out the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access we’ve received from the American Bar Association. Open DoNotPay in your web browser and leave your case in the safest hands.
OK, Now I Know How To Get Skype Refunds With DoNotPay, Can the App Do Anything Else for Me?
DoNotPay is a handy tool when dealing with a whole range of everyday tasks and problems. If the thought of blocking Yahoo spam emails, getting a refund from Walmart, or finding loans to pay your bills brings tears to your eyes, don’t worry. Add DoNotPay to your list of allies and you won’t have to face any bureaucratic nightmares on your own ever again.
If you have an issue with subscription charges after your free trial is over, we have a solution for that as well. DoNotPay offers free virtual credit cards which can be used to sign up for free trials. Businesses can’t tell that it’s a fake card and you’ll be able to use free trial services without any worries.
The app is available in your web browser. To get an idea of just how useful DoNotPay is, check the list of things we can help you with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from any company
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages