How to Renew Shelby County Vehicle Registration Within Minutes
The State of Tennessee requires its residents to register their means of transportation, such as cars, boats, motorcycles, and trucks, either for personal or leasing purposes. is done by the vehicle service division.
The Tennessee Department of Revenue (DOR) requires all vehicles to be registered, failure to which, they'll be impounded. The same process is used to acquire the Shelby County car registration and title from the county clerk's office. Therefore, you are advised to conclude both activities on the same day.
As a result, you can expect to get long queues at the Clerk's office, inconveniencing you while you wait to be served. Use DoNotPay to get your car registration renewal fast and easy, saving you the hassle of waiting in long lines.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in Tennessee on Your Own
is mandatory for any frequent Tennessee highway and road user. Your car registration is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. In addition, if you buy a vehicle, either from a car dealership or an individual, you need to register the car with Shelby County Clerk's Office.
Use any of the methods outlined below to acquire your Shelby County motor vehicle registration:
1. Renew Your Tennessee Car Registration In-Person
Visit the county clerk's office accompanied with the following documents:
- Proof of identity
- Renewal notice
- Valid driver's license
- Registration fees
- Odometer disclosure agreement(if applicable)
The offices are open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:15 PM. Visit their offices at:
Shelby county clerk's office
150 Washington Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103
2. Renew Your Tennessee Car Registration Online
Visit the Tennessee County Clerk website for online renewal and choose your county from the drop-down menu. After selecting your county, in this case, Shelby County, you will be required to enter your license plate number and then pay the registration fees.
You will have to wait for at least three weeks before receiving your car renewal registration and title. However, if you do not receive your documents within three weeks, call 901-222-3000 for a follow-up.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Your Car Registration in Tennessee?
has standard titling and registration fees for trucks and cars. In addition, before renewing your car registration, you must complete an emission inspection. The table below shows the standard fees for car registration renewal in Shelby county, TN.
|Total amount (for first-time payers)
What Do I Need to Renew My Car Registration in Tennessee?
In Shelby County, you'll need the following documents for the County Clerk's Office to renew your car registration. They are:
For New Tennessee Residents
If you are a new resident, submit the following documents to the clerk's office for your car registration renewal request to be processed.
- An out-of-state title
- Proof of residency
- Proof of identification
- A passed emission test paperwork
- If the car is by loan, have the name and address of the lienholder
- Present the most recent out-of-state registration
For New Car Registration
For Shelby County vehicle registration, you need the following documents:
- The car's manufacturer's certificate of origin from your dealership
- Your car's invoice from the dealership
- Proof of identification
- Provide your old vehicle registration for the transfer of your license plate
For Used Car Registration
If you bought your car from another person, the Shelby County vehicle registration office will require the following documents:
- The seller's valid certificate of title
- For vehicles that are less than 10 years old, submit an odometer disclosure statement(Form RV-F1317001)
- The current registration if you are transferring the license plates
- Valid proof of identification
- Proof of residency documents, such as utility bill, mortgage, or rental agreement
- Registration fees
How DoNotPay Can Help You Renew Your Car Registration in Shelby County, Tennessee
Renewing your car registration can frustrate you, especially when you encounter long queues at the County Clerk Office as renewal methods are limited to only two options. Use DoNotPay and obtain your car registration renewal documents using the following steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options)
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
World's First AI Consumer Champion Now Available in All 50 States
You can conveniently use DoNotPay to renew your car registration instantaneously across all the states.
Why Stop at Car Registration With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay was built to protect consumer rights and fight bureaucracy. Our platform does not only deal with . The application has several solutions up its sleeves and they include.
- Appeal banned account
- Car lease negotiation
- Compensation for victims of crime
- File SEC complaints
- Naturalization and citizenship certificate
- Find lost items
Why wait? Sign up with DoNoPay today to get started!