Senator Bernie Sanders Contact Info, Bio, and More
Government representatives are always willing to help and assist residents of the United States. All representatives encourage their constituents to share their thoughts and opinions with them on legislative issues and matters concerning the nation. Contacting a representative is a great way to ensure that your voice is being heard!
The following article will be a comprehensive guide on how you can contact United States Senator of Vermont, Bernie Sanders. It will also introduce you to the best way to contact any government representative using .
Senator Bernie Sanders' Contact Information
There are several ways you can reach a senator. You can always call a senator or government representative, and you can email them or mail documents to their offices.
Senator Bernie Sanders has three office locations you can contact him through, one is in Washington DC and two in the state of Vermont. Here is the address, phone number, and fax of each one:
- Washington, DC: located in the U.S. Senate 332 Dirksen Building, Washington, D.C. 20510, Phone Number: 202-224-5141, Fax: 202-228-0776
- Burlington, Vermont: located on 1 Church St. 3rd Floor, Burlington, VT 05401, Toll-free Number: 800-339-9834, Phone Number: 802-862-0697, Fax: 802-860-6370
- St. Johnsbury, Vermont: located on 481 Summer St., Suite 107, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819, Toll-free Number: 800-339-9834, Phone Number: 802-332-6186, Fax: 802-860-6370
The following table gives an overview of the main ways you can contact U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders:
|Entered Office||January 3rd, 2007|
|Term Expires||January 3rd, 2025|
|Main Mailing Address||332 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
|Main Phone Number||(202) 224-5141|
|Email Address||To contact Senator Sanders through email, fill out the form found here.|
About Bernie Sanders
- Bernie Sanders is an American politician and activist who is currently serving as the junior United States Senator from Vermont.
- He has held this seat since the 3rd of January 2007
- He is serving alongside Senator Patrick Leahy.
- He served as the U.S. Representative for the state’s at-large congressional district from 1991 until 2007.
- He is the longest-serving independent in the congressional history of the U.S.
- He has a close relationship with the Democratic Party, as he caucused with the House Democratic Cause and the Democratic Caucus of the United States Senate.
- Sanders ran to be the president of the United States in 2016 and 2020 where he sought to be the Democratic Party Nomination, however, he finished in second place in both campaigns.
- Before he was elected to Congress, he was the Mayor of Burlington, Vermont.
- Sanders is considered one of the most popular politicians in America.
- He identifies himself as a democratic socialist and has been credited for causing a leftward shift in the Democratic Party since his first Presidential Campaign in 2016.
- He has always been an advocate of social-democratic and progressive policies and has voiced his opposition to economic inequality and neoliberalism.
- He openly supports labor rights, universal healthcare, paid parental leave, tuition-free tertiary education, and a Green New Deal to create jobs addressing climate change.
- He also supports reducing military spending, pursuing international cooperation, and emphasizes labor rights and environmental concerns in international trade agreements.
- Sanders served as the Chair of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee From 2013 until 2015
- He was also a Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee from 2015 until 2021, and as of February 2021, he serves as the Chair of the Senate Budget Committee.
Get Help with Federal Agencies
Senator Bernie Sanders and his office ensure that residents of Vermont receive all the federal benefits and assistance that citizens are entitled to. The senator recognizes how complicated and difficult these programs are to navigate, which is why the senator and his office offer assistance with federal agencies.
Share Your Opinion with Senator Bernie Sanders
Senator Bernie Sanders welcomes the thoughts and opinions of his constituents. Through filling out a form found here, you can voice your opinion on legislative matters including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Animal Rights
- Arts and Humanities
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business and Commerce
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Climate Change
- Consumer Protection
- Defense and Military
- Foreign Relations
- Homeland Security
- Housing and Urban Development
- Hunger and Nutrition
- Law Enforcement
- Medical Research
- Medicare for all
- Native American and Indigenous Peoples
- Prescription Drug Prices
- Postal Service
- Racial Justice
- Reproductive Rights
- Science and Innovation
- Small Business
- Social Security and Pensions
- Supreme Court and Judicial nominations
- Technology and Telecom
- Voting Rights
- Women’s Rights
What is the Best Way to Contact a United States Government Representative?
Many tend to call a senator. If you decide to do so, it is important that you follow a script so that you can clearly get your message across and include all the important details of your request. However, calling is not recommended even if you use a script, as you cannot be sure that the person who answered your call will accurately deliver the message to the senator.
Writing an email is recommended, however, there are extended wait times to get a reply and it can be intimidating writing a professional email to a senator. Therefore, contacting a representative through is your best option!
Let DoNotPay Contact United States Senator Bernie Sanders for You!
Skip the long wait times and busy phone lines, and do not worry about writing a professional email. Let contact any representative of the United States government on your behalf in minutes! All you have to do is:
1. Search “Government” on the search bar and select the product.
2. Choose whether you want to contact your Senator, House Representative, Governor, President, or Mayor.
3. Explain why you are contacting your government official and what you would like them to know.
That’s it! Once you’re done, will automatically create a nicely formatted message and send it on your behalf!
DoNotPay Can Do More Than You Think
- Create passport photos
- Virtual credit cards
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Gift card cash back
- Negotiate bills