Looking for a Scribd Refund? Learn How To Get Your Money Back With This Simple Guide
Founded in 2007, Scribd provides entertainment for around 80 million users around the world. It is an ebook and audiobook subscription service which offers access to over a million titles from many popular publishers. Scribd has had its fair share of controversy and accusations of bad customer service. If you happen to be one of their unsatisfied customers, you have every right to ask for a refund. Look no further for help with getting your money back—the complete guide to getting a Scribd refund is right here!
How Do I Know if I’m Eligible for a Refund?
Not everyone who wants to get a refund from Scribd will succeed in doing so. Before you proceed, check if you’re eligible according to their policy. Do not forget that you can only ask for a refund for up to 30 days from the date of the charge. If no more than 30 days passed from the purchase, you may request a refund if:
- There’s proof that Scribd charged you as a mistake
- You paid for premium membership but never ended up using it. If used in any way, you won’t be able to get a refund
- They can find evidence of a third party taking over your account. This goes for any fraudulent activity by an unauthorized party
- You made a payment to access additional content that was previously locked, but it turned out to be drastically different than the preview suggested. This also goes for content that ended up being defective in any way
- You paid for any content and are unable to access it because of a technical issue on the company’s part, and you will receive a replacement copy. If no replacement is available, Scribd will issue a refund
All refunds will be sent back to the original form of payment—either your credit card or your PayPal account. You can’t request cash, checks, or anything else as a refund form.
How To Take Matters Into Your Own Hands and Get a Scribd Refund Manually
When it comes to money, there’s no time to waste. Check if you have all the details about the purchase at hand before requesting a refund. To help Scribd find your payment and check your claim, you’ll need to include the following:
- Amount of money you paid
- Date and time of the purchase
- Username and email address that you linked to your Scribd account
- Order number that you can find in the receipt you received via email
- Last four digits of your card number, name on the card, and type of card if you paid by credit card
- Transaction number of the order and the email address that you linked to your PayPal account if you used this payment method
Again, do not forget that you can only send a request if no more than 30 days passed from the payment. To request a refund, you’ll need to:
- Log in to your Scribd account
- Go to the customer support page
- Fill out the online form
- Wait for the first available employee to respond
Here are the ways you can request your refund:
Can You Request a Refund Via
The Issues You Can Expect To Encounter When Requesting a Scribd Refund
There is a fair amount of controversy surrounding Scribd. They have been accused of copyright infringement numerous times over the years, providing access to copyrighted books even from high profile authors such as J. R. R. Tolkien and J. K. Rowling. Customers also had something to say about the company’s services. There are plenty of complaints online concerning unhelpful customer support and unauthorized charges made to user’s credit cards. As some users said on multiple review sites, such as Sitejabber and Trustpilot, canceling the service doesn’t stop Scribd from charging you. As for requesting a refund, the company’s representatives can be unhelpful and refuse to work with you. You might need nerves of steel to push through working with their customer support.
Choose a Stress-Free Way of Getting a Scribd Refund by Using the Help of DoNotPay
Do you feel exhausted already, just by reading about all the work you will need to do? What if there was a much faster way to get your deserved compensation? With the help of DoNotPay, getting your money back from a company is easier than ever. No more going back and forth with disinterested customer support employees and filing tedious requests. You only need to find the app in your web browser and you’ll be done with this in minutes. Here’s what the process looks like:
- Open the app and log in to your account
- Click Get Protected under the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Answer our app’s questions about the details of your purchase
- Provide us with your digital signature
Your bank will receive a fax with a request from DoNotPay as soon as you’re done. We will even take it a step further by including VISA and MasterCard codes that help you win the case, as proposed by the Fair Credit Billing Act. You’ll also need some evidence to support your claim. We got you covered! DoNotPay will gather evidence in your name by contacting the merchant and confirming that you tried to request a refund.
Tricked Into Paying for a Subscription You Didn’t Want? Try DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card
You’ve probably been in a situation like this before—you find an interesting subscription service, apply for a free trial, and then forget to cancel before they charge you the full price. Real free trials that don’t require your credit card info are becoming increasingly rare. Get out of giving your credit card information away by using DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card. The app will generate a random card number and expiration date, both of which you can use to sign up for trials risk-free! Companies won’t be able to tell the difference, and you won’t waste another penny on subscription services you didn’t want.
I Wish DoNotPay Could Solve More of My Problems—Is There Anything Else This App Can Do?
You don’t have to get rid of the app once you get all the refunds you wanted. DoNotPay can help you cancel Scribd if you’re having issues, but there are plenty of other uses for our robot lawyer that can make your life so much easier.
Everyone, at some point, experiences the struggle that is dealing with bureaucracy and difficult companies. Have you ever had to deal with annoying parking tickets or hospital bills? You’re no longer alone in that fight. Look for DoNotPay in your web browser and let us take care of your problems!
To get an idea of what the app can do for you, check out this list of issues we can help you deal with:
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Stopping text spam
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever